Rest In Peace to Jane’s Biggest Fan Taylor Hawkins

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
someguy

Rest In Peace to Jane’s Biggest Fan Taylor Hawkins

#1 Post by someguy » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:32 pm

Beyond tragic- I can’t imagine what everyone is going thru right now.

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Rest In Peace to Jane’s Biggest Fan Taylor Hawkins

#2 Post by Hokahey » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Holy shit.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#3 Post by Hokahey » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:47 pm

I guess it's a good enough time/reason to post this. I love this cover. Only thing by NHC I've liked. But it's as an 80s kid I love this song and thought they did a great job. Was nice hearing Dave sing again as well.

someguy

#4 Post by someguy » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:49 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:47 pm

I guess it's a good enough time/reason to post this. I love this cover. Only thing by NHC I've liked. But it's as an 80s kid I love this song and thought they did a great job. Was nice hearing Dave sing again as well.
I figured something was up when their IG account stopped posting… this is so surreal

drifter

#5 Post by drifter » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:28 pm

wow, love to his family. this breaks my heart

JOEinPHX

#6 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:56 am

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say about NHC now so I can compare it to what everyone said in the NHC thread.

I am quite sure it will match.

Right?

Right.

kv

#7 Post by kv » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:08 am

Mine will...welcome back knuckle

tubro

#8 Post by tubro » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:08 am

https://youtu.be/05tT3BsF5KU Just terrible. That guy seemed to take joy in what he did. Not a FF fan but saw them a few times and never denied their rightful place.
I meant to post Perry BCS with them at Lollapalooza Chile last week. Perry singing in the original key is great to hear. He’s good. Illustrates why while we as fans are disappointed or negative about his last couple of decades of artistic choices, most of the rest of the world still (and clearly the members of the foo fighters) see him as the great frontman we knew in our youths. Too bad about bringing Etty along but they only show her at the end and you can’t hear her.

Perhaps too early to conjecture, but I would imagine FFs will continue. If he wants to be very wealthy and get on the road as a rock star, would anyone be more right for the role than Perk? Certainly a better gig than EA in Garbage.

someguy

#9 Post by someguy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:34 pm

I just read that he had ten different drugs including heroin/cocaine/opioids/weed/hallucigens and booze

Man what the hell?? Scary you can be in literally the biggest rock band in the world and it can go this way.

SR

#10 Post by SR » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:03 am

Hard to wrap my head around how this all unfolded.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#11 Post by Hokahey » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:42 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:56 am
Looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say about NHC now so I can compare it to what everyone said in the NHC thread.

I am quite sure it will match.

Right?

Right.
The fact that this is your first post here in 2 years just really sums up the Six7Six7 experience.

drifter

#12 Post by drifter » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:45 pm

Hokahey
Site Admin

#13 Post by Hokahey » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:05 pm

drifter wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:45 pm
touching
https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=920810451927693
Did Perry say Taylor was his best friend?

someguy

#14 Post by someguy » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:20 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:05 pm
drifter wrote:
touching
They were very close- he and Etty were always at his house playing music with him. Perry also sang with Foo Fighters at Taylor’s last show and did Been Caught. I can’t imagine how confusing and painful it is for him.

It must be even harder for Chris- they go way back with Alanis.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#15 Post by Hokahey » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:31 pm

someguy wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:20 pm
Hokahey wrote:
drifter wrote:
touching
They were very close- he and Etty were always at his house playing music with him. Perry also sang with Foo Fighters at Taylor’s last show and did Been Caught. I can’t imagine how confusing and painful it is for him.

I'm aware, but man. I'd think he'd save that for Grohl.

someguy

#16 Post by someguy » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:38 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:31 pm
someguy wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:20 pm
Hokahey wrote:
drifter wrote:
touching

I'm aware, but man. I'd think he'd save that for Grohl.
That’s a good point- that’s two tragedies he’s now gone thru in a band. And for Pat Smear now that’s three. Unbelievable

guysmiley

#17 Post by guysmiley » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:17 pm

Really sad. He seemed to love life. Can't imagine how his family feels. And damn Grohl and Pat have been through this too much. I know Navarro seed close to him the last few years. Knew he had pill issues in the past. Tragic he couldn't overcome it.

SR

#18 Post by SR » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:49 am

tubro wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:08 am
https://youtu.be/05tT3BsF5KU Just terrible. That guy seemed to take joy in what he did. Not a FF fan but saw them a few times and never denied their rightful place.

Perhaps too early to conjecture, but I would imagine FFs will continue. If he wants to be very wealthy and get on the road as a rock star, would anyone be more right for the role than Perk? Certainly a better gig than EA in Garbage.
I could never understand their appeal. I could see Perk, but Joey Castillo immediately came to mind for me.

crater

#19 Post by crater » Thu May 19, 2022 4:53 pm

Rolling Stone published a story about the final days leading up to Taylor's death. Sounds like he was burned out and exhausted and wanted to cut back on touring. Friends said he reached out to Grohl about his concerns. But management refutes that claim.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... e-1347073/
“He had a heart-to-heart with Dave and, yeah, he told me that he ‘couldn’t fucking do it anymore’ — those were his words,” says Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron, a close friend of Hawkins’ for decades who recorded music with him recently under the banner Nighttime Boogie Association, one of Hawkins’ many side projects. “So I guess they did come to some understanding, but it just seems like the touring schedule got even crazier after that. "He tried to keep up,” Cameron says. “He just did whatever it took to keep up, and in the end he couldn’t keep up.” (A rep for Foo Fighters denies that Hawkins ever raised these issues, saying “No, there was never a ‘heart-to-heart’ — or any sort of meeting on this topic — with Dave and [Silva Artist Management].”)
A few hours after the story went up, Cameron released a statement saying his words were taken out of context. But other close friends told the same story.

The situation escalated last December when multiple friends say Hawkins lost consciousness on board a plane in Chicago.
“He just said he was exhausted and collapsed, and they had to pump him full of IVs and stuff,” his friend, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, says. “He was dehydrated and all kinds of stuff.” (If Hawkins did lose consciousness on the plane, it’s unclear how or why it happened. When asked if Foo Fighters had comment on accounts that Taylor had lost consciousness on the plane, a rep said, “This is not true.”) After the incident, Smith says, Hawkins told him, “I can’t do it like this anymore.” They were supposed to play at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Dec. 12, but Hawkins collapsed on a plane in Chicago on the way there. “That was one of the straws that broke the camel’s back,” Smith says. “After that, he had a real important heart-to-heart with Dave and the management. He said, ‘I can’t continue on this schedule, and so we’ve got to figure out something.'” (Again, the band and its management deny that Hawkins ever approached them with these concerns.)
Its kind of weird that guys like Matt Cameron and Chad Smith mentioned their conversations with Taylor yet management denies they ever took place. I wonder why?

someguy

#20 Post by someguy » Thu May 19, 2022 8:31 pm

The denial from Foo management is most likely for insurance purposes. There are a lot of legalities involved and saying anything more would cause a lot of headaches and hold them liable for negligence.

This article is really bizarre. They are definitely trying to push a weird narrative here and I’m shocked Matt and Chad talked about private conversations so openly.

The band and his wife were just together at jazz fest so the truth is definitely somewhere in the middle.

SR

#21 Post by SR » Sun May 22, 2022 5:09 am

My take on it was the FF brass denied DG had taken a meet with TH about his touring concerns as mentioned in the RS article.