Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Xizen47

Re: “I’m trying just to see the bigger picture; be the bigger man”

#21 Post by Xizen47 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:20 pm

Price I Pay and the solo in Strays were really good live

tubro

#22 Post by tubro » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:48 pm

When the earlier version of strays leaked and they played at Irving Plaza, I felt juiced and as if they were motivated to play well and to play new songs well. That moment remains.

TGEA seemed kind of rocking when i first heard it. Again there was a show in NYC, on some pier in Williamsburg, where they played a lot of the songs. And they seemed motivated to be original and creative and good.

But especially the Irving Plaza show. That felt real and optimistic.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#23 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:28 pm

tubro wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:48 pm
When the earlier version of strays leaked and they played at Irving Plaza, I felt juiced and as if they were motivated to play well and to play new songs well. That moment remains.

TGEA seemed kind of rocking when i first heard it. Again there was a show in NYC, on some pier in Williamsburg, where they played a lot of the songs. And they seemed motivated to be original and creative and good.

Call me crazy, but I thought the TGEA shows felt more like Jane's than NINJA. Perry was in full on Liberace mode during NINJA, and there was nothing Eric could do to fix it.

Juan%

#24 Post by Juan% » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:45 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:28 pm
tubro wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:48 pm

Call me crazy, but I thought the TGEA shows felt more like Jane's than NINJA. Perry was in full on Liberace mode during NINJA, and there was nothing Eric could do to fix it.
I agree... I saw two of the NINJA shows, one good, one pretty bad, just really lazy... And the TGEA tour show that I saw, was better than the good one...

Tyler Durden

#25 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:58 am

Totally agree about the tours!

During the NIN/JA show I saw, it was like watching a grandpa experiencing a late-in-life sexual awakening 🏳️‍🌈; the band was good. While Perry at TGEA show felt a little more like the Perry of the old days; he had some teeth/aggression and the old stage presence. More frenetic!