Rolling Stone Interview- Must Read

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
phenobarb_bambalam

Re: Rolling Stone Interview- Must Read

#51 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:56 pm

Do we REALLY think Dave is going to take time from working on his street art to play music this year? I just don't see it. He's been dealing with whatever is eating him for almost a year - the tour will be over in 6 weeks from now. At best, he'll drag himself up on stage at Hollywood Bowl for the last night of the tour, but he just seems so divorced from the whole thing.

Three days ago, I would have found the notion of a Daveless JA tour unthinkable - now, it almost feels like he'd dead weight in his current state. And the optics of him continually posting multiple stories on Instagram of his art collaborations on the same day they finally announce him dropping off the tour due to fatigue don't get any better.

Diabolik

#52 Post by Diabolik » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:45 pm

That’s the thing.

Dave is active and arting it up and yeah—dude just seems divorced from all this.

I doubt he performs on this tour. Maybe in LA for a song — but I wouldn’t even bet on that.

Also I’m honestly shocked he said he’s going to work on the new music. That’s the only thing ( if you take it at face value ) that sounds like he’s invested or even a part of the bands future.

I’ll say this though…given how this was handled and whatever Daves issue is

I will not be surprised if Dave is done with the band.

Perry in the interview seems to be straining to say he wants Dave around and a part of this, but hey sooner or later you shit or get off the pot.

I am grateful that Eric seems seems invested. I’m excited to see what this show is like

Maybe we get the piano version of Of Course he talked about with Sonny.

It’s so weird when your favorite and is just so disfunctional

Tyler Durden

#53 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:00 pm

Dave is either terminally ill with something (not “long Covid”)…or some serious shit went down like he was with Taylor Hawkins when he died or someone in Jane’s is indirectly responsible on some level. Pure tabloid speculation.

phenobarb_bambalam

#54 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:02 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:00 pm
Pure tabloid speculation.
Jane's Addiction - not newsworthy enough to have tabloids speculate, so we are left to do that. It's as good as it gets with these guys.

CaseyContrarian

#55 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:45 pm

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:02 pm
Tyler Durden wrote:
Pure tabloid speculation.
Jane's Addiction - not newsworthy enough to have tabloids speculate, so we are left to do that. It's as good as it gets with these guys.
We are a public service for one band’s ego.

bman

#56 Post by bman » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:22 pm

I don't imagine Dave returning till summer 23 if at all.

bman

#57 Post by bman » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:23 pm

But his tee shirts and street art biz continues :noclue:

S&M

#58 Post by S&M » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:03 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Dave is either terminally ill with something (not “long Covid”)…or some serious shit went down like he was with Taylor Hawkins when he died or someone in Jane’s is indirectly responsible on some level. Pure tabloid speculation.
I seriously thought about that?.. What if Dave is battling cancer or something he doesn’t wanna share with the rest of the world?.. in any case?, I think it’s a very productive move to have Perry,, Eric, and Steve, working songs out without Dave in their infancy stage because all of those great songs kind of started that way? .. A nice bed of tracks laid down solid for Dave to flourish and flash on top of? ..As far as Taylor’s death goes I doubt anyone in Jane’s “Perry” had anything to do with his overdose..As a former addict myself? I made a conscious decision to either get high or be sober..I don’t think anyone could be part of that but Taylor himself? 🥲 ☮️

creep
Site Admin

#59 Post by creep » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:06 am

S&M wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:03 am
Tyler Durden wrote:
I seriously thought about that?.. What if Dave is battling cancer or something he doesn’t wanna share with the rest of the world?.. in any case?, I think it’s a very productive move to have Perry,, Eric, and Steve, working songs out without Dave in their infancy stage because all of those great songs kind of started that way? .. A nice bed of tracks laid down solid for Dave to flourish and flash on top of? ..As far as Taylor’s death goes I doubt anyone in Jane’s “Perry” had anything to do with his overdose..As a former addict myself? I made a conscious decision to either get high or be sober..I don’t think anyone could be part of that but Taylor himself? 🥲 ☮️
he died in Bogota :conf:

S&M

#60 Post by S&M » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:43 am

creep wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:06 am
S&M wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:03 am
Tyler Durden wrote:
Exactly!! Yet people seem to think someone had influenced his spiral? ..Just weird? ..Dude was a grown man!! Surprisingly for the location he died in I don’t think they found cocaine in him? 🤔 Think it was opiates?…Actually it was heart failure from long term abuse..I think they said his heart was double the size?..I don’t think opiates are cardio toxic?.. So he probably used alcohol,cocaine or meth regularly in his past?.. And the opiates and benzodiazepines shut his cardiomyopathy ailing heart down? 😢

Tyler Durden

#61 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:40 am

creep wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:06 am
I was trying to make the connection that maybe Dave was with Taylor or somehow there at the time. It was my understanding that Foo Fighters and Jane’s Addiction were part of the lineup for closing day/night of Lollapalooza Argentina…but today I learned that Jane’s didn’t end up playing…so that kind puts an end to my theory.

Diabolik

#62 Post by Diabolik » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:12 am

I always feared Perry and his entourage maybe have been partying and who knows —maybe they get blamed for creating that environment for someone who was relapsing

I mean we don’t know but something feels off.

Foos played with Perry the day or so before his death.

And then Perry was just totally absent from the tributes.

Tyler Durden

#63 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:18 am

Diabolik wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:12 am
I always feared Perry and his entourage maybe have been partying and who knows —maybe they get blamed for creating that environment for someone who was relapsing

I mean we don’t know but something feels off.

Foos played with Perry the day or so before his death.

And then Perry was just totally absent from the tributes.
THIS.