Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
parklife03

Re: Official Spirits On Fire tour thread

#981 Post by parklife03 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:11 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:56 pm
I think Avery is in it for the final stretch here
Yes, according to that post...
They have the three upcoming shows in March, though. I don't know. Maybe he can do some concerts a year (and still be with Garbage too).
We know Jane's didn't tour that much, except for these last weeks. I just hope I can see Jane's with him once - he never came to South America with them.

Diabolik

#982 Post by Diabolik » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:54 pm

I know Perry can be very Perry, but he said something at the Holly Bowl like : he’s so happy EA is back and we put our difference aside and play to make music together for the rest of our life’s

I’m going with that because it’s the narrative I need to happen

Pandemonium

#983 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:27 am
If Dave is replaced, I want Pete or Daniel Ash.
Ash is one of my favorite guitarists and I would think he’d bring a really different, cool vibe to the rest of the gang but he is not the player to do the back catalog justice.

dannyboy

#984 Post by dannyboy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:55 am

tubro wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:48 pm
Just thinking ahead. If josh joins and then as many predict Avery eventually leaves and is replaced by martyn, most of Bicycle Thief will be together. Get Bob Forrest in there and then they could play one of the best and most underrated LA band albums of all time.

Oh, hey Sonny. What a coincidence. Folks here were just talking about you. Hope you’re well. Damn this community goes back a long way.

I absolutely love that album! But I don’t think Martyn was ever in the bicycle thief, just thelonious mobster. Eric was though, for a few shows at least…maybe around 2000/2001

nausearockpig

#985 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:19 am

trevor ayer

#986 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:24 pm

Sonny should do a 67 part interview with eric about what a dick dave is for bailing as soon as eric returned .. we might even get a panic channel reunion out of it .. the panic circle will be so happy .. also .. pete is too fucking good to play in janes .. dude needs his own moment in the sun with pfp .. pyro addiction is a great fantasy and petes acoustic style would even merge well w dave w a little extra effort .. but pete has his own unique killer chops that need to be spotlighted to the world not burried in a janes cover band .. dave got the recognition already .. pete deserves his own too

bman

#987 Post by bman » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:44 pm

That Hollywood bowl show sounded great. Hopefully Dave returns for a proper JA Summer 2023 tour. But if doesn't, the goes on. Troy/Josh sounded great. Jane's sounded classic, yet fresh!

Diabolik

#988 Post by Diabolik » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Josh playing the synths parts from Then She Did, on guitar was awesome.

Ugh

What do I do now….this tour has been so much fun to see and follow

bman

#989 Post by bman » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:47 pm

Yeah, I was thinking Then She Did sounds great with the synth parts added in again. They should get Morgan back on Violin!

CaseyContrarian

#990 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:11 pm

Diabolik wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:01 pm
Josh playing the synths parts from Then She Did, on guitar was awesome.

Ugh

What do I do now….this tour has been so much fun to see and follow
Yeah, that was very cool.

Noonesshocking

#991 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Hollywood Bowl may have been the best show of the tour from what I can see. The energy during stop is like Relapse tier

https://youtu.be/RsskR-q7KHU

Gouge93

#992 Post by Gouge93 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:14 pm
Hollywood Bowl may have been the best show of the tour from what I can see. The energy during stop is like Relapse tier

They better come back to Philly....it blows that show was missed (along with the others)!

I am super new to this forum but I used to buy/trade bootlegs from this kid Erik who lived in CA back in early 90s, had John Anson Ford amphitheater, Mt. Baldy and then PFP Castaic Lake tapes........I remember he wrote on Beatles Yellow Submarine paper........is he the same person who ran forums in past?

Noonesshocking

#993 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Gouge93 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
Noonesshocking wrote:

They better come back to Philly....it blows that show was missed (along with the others)!

I am super new to this forum but I used to buy/trade bootlegs from this kid Erik was lived in CA back in early 90s, had John Anson Ford amphitheater, Mt. Baldy and then PFP Castaic Lake tapes........I remember he wrote on Magical Mystery tour paper........is he the same person who ran forums in past?
Erik may have run a forum that was kind of at odds with this one (and its predecessor) haha. Someone else may be able to confirm though.

I was in Center City about to go to the Wells Fargo Center when I saw the instagram announcement. I keep getting a little frustrated when I think about it because I feel like I did something to miss it and then have to remind myself that it was completely out of my control.

creep
Site Admin

#994 Post by creep » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:30 pm

Gouge93 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
Noonesshocking wrote:

I am super new to this forum but I used to buy/trade bootlegs from this kid Erik who lived in CA back in early 90s, had John Anson Ford amphitheater, Mt. Baldy and then PFP Castaic Lake tapes........I remember he wrote on Beatles Yellow Submarine paper........is he the same person who ran forums in past?
different erik. the message board erik lives in michigan i think.

he now runs www.janesaddiction.org

back in the day he ran a site called one percent

i was always curious how people find this place and was surprised to see that this site now shows up on a google search. it didn't for a long time.

bman

#995 Post by bman » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:03 pm

What were all the sites again lol??

OnePercent.com
Xiola.org
AintnoRight.org
Janesaddiction.org
SomeDiversWhistle
JustinsJanesAddictionpage
Aoceansize???

Am I missing any?

REA

#996 Post by REA » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:10 pm

All you gotta do is search ---- Janes Addiction Forum and the most twisted site/group of people come to the top of the results . Ya'll always seem to find each other

creep
Site Admin

#997 Post by creep » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:19 pm

bman wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:03 pm

OnePercent.com
Xiola.org
AintnoRight.org
Janesaddiction.org
SomeDiversWhistle
Aoceansize???

Am I missing any?
whores

Smokestack

#998 Post by Smokestack » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:27 pm

bman wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:03 pm

OnePercent.com
Xiola.org
AintnoRight.org
Janesaddiction.org
SomeDiversWhistle
Aoceansize???

Am I missing any?
One of the all time best Jane's sites was the old Whores (2%) site. At times, it was fucking hilarious. The photoshopped pics of board members, fake account names, the administrator account that everyone had the password to...it was great. I still wonder what happened to some of the old folks from back in the day. I wonder if they're here under a different name. One's that stand out are Adolf, EroticJesus, killyourself, brinn, skorb, bishop, miggy etc. It was a good group of people.

I still remember the old Jane's AOL mailing list that went out daily. I've been around here too long.

creep
Site Admin

#999 Post by creep » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm

Smokestack wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:27 pm
Adolf, EroticJesus, killyourself, brinn, skorb, bishop, miggy etc.
from my bad memory..

adolf-pretty sure he has an account here
eroticjesus - legal issues
killyourself and brinn got married
miggy - dead

JOEinPHX

#1000 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:42 pm

S&M wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:58 am
Ps. If Dave is tripping on anything it’s that everyone is reinvigorated including ya’ll fan boards while he isn’t part of it!!! .. If I was him, I would feel a little bruised, and in my feelings!! .. How quickly they forgot me!! Including his biggest disciple 6767 😂
Well yeah. What 40 year old white guy fucking cares about graffiti? I wouldn't have even given a fuck about that when I was 20.

🤷🏻‍♂️

esqfool

#1001 Post by esqfool » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:58 pm

One of my earliest JA message board memories was reading the infamous NETSLAM that EJ pulled on someone. I can't remember who it was. I recall various people like 8secondburnout, Satansgopherboy, Paints, janesaw, amongst others.

someguy

#1002 Post by someguy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:15 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:42 pm
S&M wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:58 am
Ps. If Dave is tripping on anything it’s that everyone is reinvigorated including ya’ll fan boards while he isn’t part of it!!! .. If I was him, I would feel a little bruised, and in my feelings!! .. How quickly they forgot me!! Including his biggest disciple 6767 😂
Well yeah. What 40 year old white guy fucking cares about graffiti? I wouldn't have even given a fuck about that when I was 20.

🤷🏻‍♂️
Hate to be a dick, but Dave… you can do this stuff while playing music. No need to be a full time Banksy.

Frusciante tried to pursue his passion project full time and he eventually realized that playing in RHCP isn’t the worst thing in world

CaseyContrarian

#1003 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:32 pm

creep wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm
Smokestack wrote:
from my bad memory..

miggy - dead
First of all, just incredible institutional memory on display here. I lurked every site on the list, but was not a participant until xiola, and even then it was midpoint. Scary to think how much time had passed. I was such a 1.0 snob that I skipped Relapse out of spite. I’d like to think I’ve mellowed, as the sensational emotional arc re: Dave v. Troy indicates. Fuck, this tour was fun. And I still can’t believe my stop was canceled (Portland) the week I’m in LA yet unable to attend the Bowl because reasons. Wild stuff from start to finish. Viva Jane’s.

creep
Site Admin

#1004 Post by creep » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:41 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:32 pm
creep wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm
Smokestack wrote:
from my bad memory..

miggy - dead
First of all, just incredible institutional memory on display here. I lurked every site on the list, but was not a participant until xiola, and even then it was midpoint. Scary to think how much time had passed. I was such a 1.0 snob that I skipped Relapse out of spite. I’d like to think I’ve mellowed, as the sensational emotional arc re: Dave v. Troy indicates. Fuck, this tour was fun. And I still can’t believe my stop was canceled (Portland) the week I’m in LA yet unable to attend the Bowl because reasons. Wild stuff from start to finish. Viva Jane’s.
looks like eroticjesus/feek is back in business

https://www.gmtoday.com/the_freeman/bus ... 3a5aa.html

hmmm..... :hs:

https://people.com/crime/waukesha-chris ... y-rampage/

dannyboy

#1005 Post by dannyboy » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:05 am

I miss The Brazilian Freak