Dave's Return?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
nestos

Re: Dave's Return?

#151 Post by nestos » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:28 am

I thought DN was clean for a while (i would say from strays to recent years)... That can be heard on TPC :lolol:

someguy

#152 Post by someguy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:36 am

nestos wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:28 am
I thought DN was clean for a while (i would say from strays to recent years)... That can be heard on TPC :lolol:
He relapsed towards the end of NINJA and again while they were making TGEA- he talked about it openly on Dark Matter. Haven’t heard of any instances since, only speculation as of recent

someguy

#153 Post by someguy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:37 am

Pearl Jam is playing bottle rock on May 24th- people are saying Josh will be with them… first Janes date is three days later. Wondering what the PJ schedule will look like around Janes dates

Hokahey
Site Admin

#154 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:06 am

someguy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:37 am
Pearl Jam is playing bottle rock on May 24th- people are saying Josh will be with them… first Janes date is three days later. Wondering what the PJ schedule will look like around Janes dates
I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re still just hoping Dave gets it together and will figure out what to do if not when absolutely necessary.

Diabolik

#155 Post by Diabolik » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:50 pm

If that’s the case, that’s gotta suck. I think if they had the tour plan, they have to have a guitarist already lined up. If not, Josh’s and maybe someone else doubtful it’s Pete.

Maybe Dave will really tour with them. Maybe he’s recording maybe they’re just keeping it very quiet so it’s not to raise expectations. I just hope he’s doing well.

thoreau

#156 Post by thoreau » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:51 pm

Looks like Perk saw Dave recently, just posted this a few minutes ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C12tW1fyrin ... lnbnUxd3Y=

Hokahey
Site Admin

#157 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:27 pm

thoreau wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Looks like Perk saw Dave recently, just posted this a few minutes ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C12tW1fyrin ... lnbnUxd3Y=
Here’s hoping.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#158 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:28 pm

Diabolik wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:50 pm
If that’s the case, that’s gotta suck. I think if they had the tour plan, they have to have a guitarist already lined up. If not, Josh’s and maybe someone else doubtful it’s Pete.

Maybe Dave will really tour with them. Maybe he’s recording maybe they’re just keeping it very quiet so it’s not to raise expectations. I just hope he’s doing well.
I’m just talking out my ass. But yes, hope it’s Dave.

Mescal

#159 Post by Mescal » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:32 am

https://blabbermouth.net/news/janes-add ... opean-tour

So, it's confirmed Josh will be the guitar player?

JOEinPHX

#160 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:41 am

Mescal wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:32 am

Pearl Jam is playing Bottlerock Napa Festival on the weekend of May 24-26

And Jane's is doing Bearded Theory Festival in the UK the weekend of May 23-26 to start their tour.

So either Josh is hopping a plane after the PJ gig, or Josh is playing the tour with Jane's and not playing that show with PJ (which I doubt)

Juan%

#161 Post by Juan% » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:54 pm

How integral is Josh to PJ, in an everyday way? I’m not quite sure how to word that, but what I mean is, I did see them a couple of years ago, and he was with them. It was great, and that night, because of Matt Cameron having Covid, he did come in clutch, and played drums for like half, or even more of the set. The rest of the set, he did things like add guitar, and do background vocals, and more kind of filling out the sound. Given the drum situation, I did consider that to be a special circumstance. But I guess I’m wondering if regularly, that is truly necessary. I’m sure PJ, if the core members are healthy, can play one, or even more festivals without an auxiliary player? Is this wrong? If there would have been no Covid involved, I wouldn’t have even tripped on an additional player being up there with them. It didn’t change the sound of anything really. I would just guess that he would do some JA, since he would act as the main guitar player, get that done, then just join the PJ tour when that is finished? It just seems like his role in PJ is cool, but not super important to the overall sound. It seems like he could do both? Then again, the bread is probably better in PJ, and easier so, I’m not sure???

Mescal

#162 Post by Mescal » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm

But ...

Isn't the article saying Josh will be replacing Dave?

Or am I reading wrongly?

JOEinPHX

#163 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:42 pm

Juan% wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:54 pm
How integral is Josh to PJ, in an everyday way? I’m not quite sure how to word that, but what I mean is, I did see them a couple of years ago, and he was with them. It was great, and that night, because of Matt Cameron having Covid, he did come in clutch, and played drums for like half, or even more of the set. The rest of the set, he did things like add guitar, and do background vocals, and more kind of filling out the sound. Given the drum situation, I did consider that to be a special circumstance. But I guess I’m wondering if regularly, that is truly necessary. I’m sure PJ, if the core members are healthy, can play one, or even more festivals without an auxiliary player? Is this wrong? If there would have been no Covid involved, I wouldn’t have even tripped on an additional player being up there with them. It didn’t change the sound of anything really. I would just guess that he would do some JA, since he would act as the main guitar player, get that done, then just join the PJ tour when that is finished? It just seems like his role in PJ is cool, but not super important to the overall sound. It seems like he could do both? Then again, the bread is probably better in PJ, and easier so, I’m not sure???
He's definitely not a necessity at all, but I do feel like his contributions have been valuable to their live sound.

We don't know what Pearl Jam's tour plans look like at the moment, unfortunately. But I can't imagine that Bottlerock will be their only show. That's the only reason I am not ready to bank on Josh being with Jane's. If they both have a month of touring at the same time, I could see him choosing PJ, given how close he is to that camp now. With that said though, PJ and Jane's camps are buds, so I could see Ed giving Josh the go-ahead to go help Jane's out.

phenobarb_bambalam

#164 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:42 am

Mescal wrote:

Blabbermouth is a joke, so I really wouldn't place much stock in this. I am not offering an opinion one way or t'other on the topic at hand, just that the source is junk. I'd wager that the line about Eve sitting out and Josh stepping in is recycled from last year, along with just about everything else. They have taken a 4-line statement from Perry and added a bunch of historic information gathered from other sources to cobble together a 'news item' (I would not take it so far as to call this an article). There is no new information here other than four lines the management wrote for use on social media (and attributed to Perry). I don't think we know any more than we did before.

Mescal

#165 Post by Mescal » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:06 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:42 am
Mescal wrote:

Blabbermouth is a joke, so I really wouldn't place much stock in this. I am not offering an opinion one way or t'other on the topic at hand, just that the source is junk. I'd wager that the line about Eve sitting out and Josh stepping in is recycled from last year, along with just about everything else. They have taken a 4-line statement from Perry and added a bunch of historic information gathered from other sources to cobble together a 'news item' (I would not take it so far as to call this an article). There is no new information here other than four lines the management wrote for use on social media (and attributed to Perry). I don't think we know any more than we did before.
:thumb:

Thanks for clearing that up

JOEinPHX

#166 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:38 am

JOEinPHX wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:41 am
Mescal wrote:

Pearl Jam is playing Bottlerock Napa Festival on the weekend of May 24-26

And Jane's is doing Bearded Theory Festival in the UK the weekend of May 23-26 to start their tour.

So either Josh is hopping a plane after the PJ gig, or Josh is playing the tour with Jane's and not playing that show with PJ (which I doubt)
Pearl Jam is headlining Bottlerock on Saturday May 25th

There is no way Josh can do both of these shows.

phenobarb_bambalam

#167 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:47 am

JOEinPHX wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:38 am

He's no Phil Collins.

JOEinPHX

#168 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:33 pm

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:47 am
JOEinPHX wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:38 am

He's no Phil Collins.
But he is an Easy Lover.

bman

#169 Post by bman » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:20 pm

Hopefully Billy don't lose his number.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#170 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:53 pm

I just hope when they record that Dave is in the Stu-Stu-studio with them.

someguy

#171 Post by someguy » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:21 pm

I don’t know which is more influential- the Tarzan soundtrack or Nothing’s Shocking

JOEinPHX

#172 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:08 pm

There are memes about Tarzan.

esqfool

#173 Post by esqfool » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:48 pm

I noticed Dave's gf posted that she's been clean for 269 days. So that's promising for her, and hopefully for Dave. Not jumping to conclusions that he's coming back anytime soon, but at least good for their own personal well being. Also, the first time I think either of them addressed the obvious issue.

creep
Site Admin

#174 Post by creep » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:03 pm

esqfool wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:48 pm
I noticed Dave's gf posted that she's been clean for 269 days. So that's promising for her, and hopefully for Dave. Not jumping to conclusions that he's coming back anytime soon, but at least good for their own personal well being. Also, the first time I think either of them addressed the obvious issue.
It's been like 400 days since Dave's "long covid" made him skip the tour. You would think both of them would attempt to get clean together.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#175 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:36 pm

esqfool wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:48 pm
Hard to imagine she’s staying clean and he’s still using. Although it seemed obvious she got on the wagon before he did, assuming he did.

Here’s to hoping that dude and Janes as a whole can get their shit together for one last legacy capping moment. We’ve all been rooting for it for 20+ years.