“Agua” out 11/16

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Essence_Smith

Re: “Agua” out 11/16

#101 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:09 pm

I still haven't heard this yet...but I'm glad ya'll seem to enjoy it...Perry you still suck and I hate the new teeth and plastic surgery...Pete you are a hero and we all collectively love you...I am going to hold off on my two cents outside of that til I hear the song later, but long live P4P and bittersweet is still a sweet :lol: :wave:

Juan%

#102 Post by Juan% » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:16 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:09 pm
I still haven't heard this yet...but I'm glad ya'll seem to enjoy it...Perry you still suck and I hate the new teeth and plastic surgery...Pete you are a hero and we all collectively love you...I am going to hold off on my two cents outside of that til I hear the song later, but long live P4P and bittersweet is still a sweet :lol: :wave:
It is worth checking out, when you get around to it. It’s a good song. I can tell it’s an older song, and that’s good because it has those qualities that we all seem to have been missing. It definitely also sounds like they have been toyed with it, as it also has the recording sounds of facelift/new teeth era. I am wondering if this supposed ep, (which I still don’t think will necessarily come out) will stylistically be the same, or if they have a barn burner too, first album style? I also hope that they have a physical release, like a maxi single or something, as just steaming it, (or anything, for that matter) feels empty and fake.

bman

#103 Post by bman » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:53 pm

It kind of has a Hard Charger meets Mend sound.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#104 Post by Hokahey » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:58 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Jeez. The song is all of 3.5 minutes. You probably could have listened to it in the time it took you to post that. But instead you take the opportunity to be overly negative and take a shot at someone that seems to have made an effort to replicate a spirit we all have fondness for. This just reads like lashing out.

Essence_Smith

#105 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:04 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:58 pm
Essence_Smith wrote:
Jeez. The song is all of 3.5 minutes. You probably could have listened to it in the time it took you to post that. But instead you take the opportunity to be overly negative and take a shot at someone that seems to have made an effort to replicate a spirit we all have fondness for. This just reads like lashing out.
I was at work which is why I chose to vent rather than review...but yes IT IS lashing out...this is the last time I'm getting excited about anything related to Perry Farrell and I definitely don't hate the guy but he was quite prophetic with the "man you hate" line back in the day. We've all grown up & changed but sheesh... I am tired of being DISAPPOINTED by all of it.

JOEinPHX

#106 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:33 pm

Finally listening now.

I feel like, if there was an album between PFP and GGU, this song would be on it. It kind of blends both eras of the band, musically.

This should have come out a long long time ago. Let's hope there are more like it.

Well done, boys. 👍🏼

kv

#107 Post by kv » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:45 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:04 pm
Hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
I was at work which is why I chose to vent rather than review...but yes IT IS lashing out...this is the last time I'm getting excited about anything related to Perry Farrell and I definitely don't hate the guy but he was quite prophetic with the "man you hate" line back in the day. We've all grown up & changed but sheesh... I am tired of being DISAPPOINTED by all of it.
it's all so predictable at this point how can you still be letting perry disappoint you? fuck him...and lookie at Hoka getting super defensive... :jasper:

JOEinPHX

#108 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:49 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
When did Six7Six7 take over the Essence_Smith account? :lol:

Artemis

#109 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:45 pm

:lol:

Artemis

#110 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:53 pm

After some edibles and a Friday night glass of wine, I must say that Agua is really growing me. It's fresh and familair at the same time- balanced. For me there are moments of Primal Scream, Oasis, Beatles. I like how PF's voice sounds too. Really looking forward to hearing this live in the new year- my first show of 2024!

Oh, and good for you guys for catching Etty! I didn't notice it the first couple of listens.

Artemis

#111 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:30 pm

One of the producers on Agua - Robert Adam Srevenson- worked on The Kills laterest album.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#112 Post by Hokahey » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:18 pm

kv wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:45 pm
Essence_Smith wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
it's all so predictable at this point how can you still be letting perry disappoint you? fuck him...and lookie at Hoka getting super defensive... :jasper:
Super defensive. :lolol:

It’s just…odd to be all “I didn’t even listen but Perry sux blarghhh”. I don’t think it needs to be said that we’re all disappointed by many of his artistic choices and sudden superficial appearance change. But to just be angry and on the attack when a clear attempt at making something more honest and pure has taken place? Listen to the fucking song first and critique it on its artistic merits instead of resorting to personal attacks. It’s just comes off as childish.

kv

#113 Post by kv » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:33 pm

ok...ya so... not defensive at all then...ok sure

Hokahey
Site Admin

#114 Post by Hokahey » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:25 pm

kv wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:33 pm
ok...ya so... not defensive at all then...ok sure
It’s incredible to me how some of you have never grown up.

kv

#115 Post by kv » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:58 pm

indeed

Pure Method

#116 Post by Pure Method » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:05 pm

This song is good. What a joy!

These bands mean way too much to us; it is what it is. If it were socially acceptable, we’d be posting about this on twitter, but nay, we cling to our familiar phpBB shadows…. We’re all a bunch of dorks

clickie

#117 Post by clickie » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:28 pm

I've been doing my part of spamming the song a little bit in places that have a bigger audience than just here, putting it out there for people to hear and know it exists. A lot of people ask me if they have a new album coming out.

Essence_Smith

#118 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:55 am

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:18 pm
kv wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:45 pm
Essence_Smith wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
Super defensive. :lolol:

It’s just…odd to be all “I didn’t even listen but Perry sux blarghhh”. I don’t think it needs to be said that we’re all disappointed by many of his artistic choices and sudden superficial appearance change. But to just be angry and on the attack when a clear attempt at making something more honest and pure has taken place? Listen to the fucking song first and critique it on its artistic merits instead of resorting to personal attacks. It’s just comes off as childish.
I find it odd to be all "artistic merits" about a cat who clearly sold us a bunch of crap years ago and has settled comfortably into a few decades of being completely out of touch and trying to recapture the lightning in a bottle...just because you don't think it needs to be said doesn't mean I can't say it. Perry looks like a goof and he's put out hot garbage for years. I'm trolling and letting some steam off...last time I checked we were still entitled to our opinions and having listened to the song it's OK...not terrible but not great. Just a regular song but in these situations when Perry isn't doing something totally crappy we revel in more because its NOT BAD than because its so good...clink clink my two cents...we good now?