Jane’s Nominated Again For RRHOF

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
someguy

Jane’s Nominated Again For RRHOF

#1 Post by someguy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:38 am

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards ... 04408/amp/

I would think they have a better shot than last time…. Then again the hall makes weird decisions

I will do my part and vote everyday. I wanna see Tribe, Oasis and Janes over Mariah Carey that’s for goddamn sure
Last edited by someguy on Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noonesshocking

Re: Jane’s Nominated Again For RRHOF

#2 Post by Noonesshocking » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:39 am

We all need to band together and vote every day lol

Diabolik

#3 Post by Diabolik » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:45 am

If management is smart, then this is all part of re-introduction/capping Jane’s Addiction 1.0 Phase 2.

Fantasy booking the original line up does the show this summer, maybe doing a new song in set — release a single in the summer

Original line up gets inducted in the fall to hall of fame and time new album to drop in October

We all squee

Hokahey
Site Admin

#4 Post by Hokahey » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:14 pm

This better fucking happen. Janes and Tribe.

Artemis

#5 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:22 pm

I think this time JA will get in! I'll be voting...

As for the rest of the nominees, I like everyone on that list EXCEPT: Mariah Carey,Dave Matthews Band,Lenny Kravitz,. On the fence about Cher

kv

#6 Post by kv » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:49 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:14 pm
This better fucking happen. Janes and Tribe.
fuck ya...I mean how fucking cool were the late eighties when those two groups showed up?...what a time

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:40 pm

There is a lot of politicking that goes on and I feel like Perry hasn't been the politicking type. You gotta show up to the ceremony every year and put in face time.

someguy

#8 Post by someguy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:19 pm

JOEinPHX wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:40 pm
There is a lot of politicking that goes on and I feel like Perry hasn't been the politicking type. You gotta show up to the ceremony every year and put in face time.
True- Tom Morello deep throated the hall for years until he finally got in. Which is funny to me because I thought he raged against machines (institutions)?

Please just give us Janes, Tribe and Oasis and then they can have Cher and Mariah Carey to appease the Disney + viewers.

Also if Janes gets inducted that’ll open a pathway for Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins and AIC to get in

Tyler Durden

#9 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:40 pm

Fuck Oasis. There are so many bands from the Britpop era that are far more deserving.

blackcoffee

#10 Post by blackcoffee » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:00 pm

I thnk about as much of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as I do Hollywood stars. One is a for profit museum, and the other (as I understand it) is typically a vainglorious event where one literally buys a star for themselves.

Tyler Durden

#11 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:40 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:00 pm
I thnk about as much of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as I do Hollywood stars. One is a for profit museum, and the other (as I understand it) is typically a vainglorious event where one literally buys a star for themselves.
THIS.

Tyler Durden

#12 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:41 pm

Jane’s is fourth from the bottom in votes; and they’re an actual rock band…and a highly influential one.
Attachments
IMG_1285.jpeg
IMG_1285.jpeg (216.15 KiB) Viewed 2397 times

bman

#13 Post by bman » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:28 pm

So this fan voting means something or no?

Bandit72

#14 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:43 am

Oasis?? lol

clickie

#15 Post by clickie » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:28 am

Oasis deserves to be there way more than some of those other nominees.

SR

#16 Post by SR » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:51 am

Foreigner and Cher :balls:

JOEinPHX

#17 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:33 pm

I love Oasis. :rockon:

JOEinPHX

#18 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:36 pm

SR wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:51 am
Foreigner and Cher :balls:
Coincidentally, I went and saw Foreigner a few weeks ago. They are on some sort of "farewell" tour and I knew a bunch of their hits, so I figured I'd go check it out as I had nothing else going on on a Friday night.

It was fucking terrible.

I was expecting a classic rock band, but at some point they apparently determined that they are an 80s glam rock band. So every single song, regardless of when it was recorded, just sounded hair metal. I barely made it 35 minutes before I split. My drive to get there took longer than I could stand to listen to them mangle those songs like that. :jasper:

Essence_Smith

#19 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:43 am

Jane's Addiction will never get in...Ozzy will definitely get in first try...I love A Tribe Called Quest and they'll likely get in but even though they didn't consciously cross over I feel like right around Midnight Marauders white people claimed them & we haven't had em since :lol:

Cher is aight, she'll get in...Eric B & Rakim would be kinda cool but outside of a rap audience I don't know that their name is big enough...I wouldn't be surprised by Oasis or Foreigner :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#20 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:37 pm

I voted today for the first time and they are already sending me email spam about some sort of audiophile music service they run. :waits:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#21 Post by Hokahey » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:07 pm

There are no words. Fuck the Rock Hall now and forever. How could people this dramatically ignorant about the history of rock music have ballots??

Two Rock Hall Voters Reveal Their 2024 Ballots

https://www.vulture.com/article/rock-ha ... llots.html

Jane’s Addiction

Voter 1: I don’t like this band. They do have some influence on the emergence of alternative rock as a force in the ’90s. Perhaps it would’ve played out differently without Lollapalooza, but Perry Farrell had a big force there. They stand for all of the tiresome, sleazy aspects of Los Angeles. You see that in the caricature Dave Navarro became after Jane’s Addiction broke up. They were bigger after the breakup, really, and became more of a legend. I’ve always found their records to be a bit of a slog besides “Been Caught Stealing,” which is the one song that has a real snap to it. They’ve always gotten under my skin. They’re not getting my vote. Since there’s a limited amount of rock on this ballot, they could possibly get in. But I don’t understand why we have to get Jane’s Addiction before so many other alternative-rock and indie-rock bands. Where are the Pixies? Sonic Youth? The Replacements?

Voter 2: I think they’re worthy and super creative. Those records didn’t sound like stuff that came before. Their rhythms were interesting and they had distinctive visuals. It was before grunge, but wasn’t grunge. It was a new kind of sound. They’re a group that I want to spend a little more time digging back into their catalog to see where I land. They meant so much to people, and of course Lollapalooza was huge. I wouldn’t be sad if they got in.

someguy

#22 Post by someguy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:32 pm

They both sound dumb but it’s a good sign they were 50/50. Some artists on in that article got harsher criticism.

Someone at the Philly show also shouted to Perry about the rock hall. Etty said something to the effect of “we’re making our own rock hall” and Perry said “find me at lollapalooza”… in all fairness tho it wasn’t a Janes show so it definitely wasn’t the place to talk about it on stage

phenobarb_bambalam

#23 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:46 pm

The Replacements....now THAT is funny. Fucking joker.

SR

#24 Post by SR » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:28 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:07 pm
There are no words. Fuck the Rock Hall now and forever. How could people this dramatically ignorant about the history of rock music have ballots??

Jane’s Addiction

Voter 1: I don’t like this band. They do have some influence on the emergence of alternative rock as a force in the ’90s. Perhaps it would’ve played out differently without Lollapalooza, but Perry Farrell had a big force there. They stand for all of the tiresome, sleazy aspects of Los Angeles. You see that in the caricature Dave Navarro became after Jane’s Addiction broke up. They were bigger after the breakup, really, and became more of a legend. I’ve always found their records to be a bit of a slog besides “Been Caught Stealing,” which is the one song that has a real snap to it. They’ve always gotten under my skin. They’re not getting my vote. Since there’s a limited amount of rock on this ballot, they could possibly get in. But I don’t understand why we have to get Jane’s Addiction before so many other alternative-rock and indie-rock bands. Where are the Pixies? Sonic Youth? The Replacements?

Voter 2: I think they’re worthy and super creative. Those records didn’t sound like stuff that came before. Their rhythms were interesting and they had distinctive visuals. It was before grunge, but wasn’t grunge. It was a new kind of sound. They’re a group that I want to spend a little more time digging back into their catalog to see where I land. They meant so much to people, and of course Lollapalooza was huge. I wouldn’t be sad if they got in.
That's some seriously clunky thinking, reason, and writing.

JOEinPHX

#25 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:40 am

Hokahey wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:07 pm

Jane’s Addiction

These are the people that work for Rolling Stone and vote for Mariah Carey instead of Judas Priest just because of album sales and chart hits.

The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is basically the Billboard Hall of Fame.