South Star Festival show

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
bman

South Star Festival show

#1 Post by bman » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:26 am

Jane's to play South Star festival in AL this September.

https://www.stereogum.com/2260635/hunts ... neup/news/

tubro

Re: South Star Festival show

#2 Post by tubro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:47 am

Fall US tour. Please not as an arena opening act. Truth is there may be better money and luxury in that, depending on what size hall a headlining tour would be able to fill. I’d have to say no way to arenas unless it’s a mini fest (6 pm start) with legit opening acts. Siouxie and the Banshees and Devo, say. But that’s not happening. Maybe 3000 person venues like Hammerstein. Maybe even smaller with a plan to get great reviews with 1.0 lineup, release new music and circle back to larger venues and festivals in spring and summer.

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:03 pm

They should do a tour with Faith No More

The tickets will sell.

peripheral

#4 Post by peripheral » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:32 pm

Looks like they're doing back-to-back festival nights with South Star on 9/28 (Alabama) and Evolution on 9/29 (St. Louis). Those are the same weekend as Pearl Jam's Ohana Festival in California, so that seems to mean it's full speed ahead with Dave if Josh might be touring with Pearl Jam, who are playing 9/27 and 9/29 at Dana Point.

QOTSA tour wraps up on 8/21, so Troy (or Pete?) might be the Plan B if Josh is touring with Pearl Jam, but hopefully Dave is fully good to go for all shows.

Hopefully the P4P tour served as a solid warm-up for vocals on back-to-back dates - and fully agree on hoping for their own non-festival and headlining dates too!

Hokahey
Site Admin

#5 Post by Hokahey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:43 pm

I’m not sure how you plan a tour around one night in Alabama and the next night in St. Louis. We’ll see what the plan is. Maybe like Europe. Fests with a few extra shows built around them.

Diabolik

#6 Post by Diabolik » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm

The mystery of who’s going to be playing guitar has lost all luster for me ( there wasn’t much to begin with…)

Would just like some clarity please

And a fall US tour. If it has to be a package so be it I guess…

Hokahey
Site Admin

#7 Post by Hokahey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:45 pm

Diabolik wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm
The mystery of who’s going to be playing guitar has lost all luster for me ( there wasn’t much to begin with…)

Would just like some clarity please

And a fall US tour. If it has to be a package so be it I guess…
They are clearly advertising Dave as being in the band and part of these shows. I’m sure he has asked them not to make a big deal out of it and I’m sure they are nervous about him making it so they’re not going to make big public statements until the shows start

CaseyContrarian

#8 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 pm

JOEinPHX wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:03 pm
They should do a tour with Faith No More

The tickets will sell.
That could work.

Diabolik

#9 Post by Diabolik » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:17 am

I think FNM is dead

They had a tour with Korn (🤮) that covid killed

They had a tour planned that Patton dropped out of last minute to work on himsel

Or maybe it was other way around?

Then he went full Bungle and there was some griping by other band members

So I think it’s over for now

I think think a JA tour opening for RHCP would be great.

JOEinPHX

#10 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 am

FNM isn't dead, there is just some squabbling going on because Patton canceled the whole tour at the very last minute because he was dealing with anxiety.

And apparently some of the members thought he should have said something sooner since they were anticipating those paychecks coming in.

As far as Bungle... I read that the real members of Bungle were pissed that Patton did the fake version of Bungle, so now the real version of Bungle is going to record or tour or something. But maybe Patton patching things up with the real members of Bungle will get him off his ass to patch things up with the members of FNM too.

All this band drama is so weird. You'd think a bunch of 50 year olds could chill for a few weeks to pay off a house, but... I guess not. :lol:

someguy

#11 Post by someguy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:55 am

JOEinPHX wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 am
FNM isn't dead, there is just some squabbling going on because Patton canceled the whole tour at the very last minute because he was dealing with anxiety.

And apparently some of the members thought he should have said something sooner since they were anticipating those paychecks coming in.

As far as Bungle... I read that the real members of Bungle were pissed that Patton did the fake version of Bungle, so now the real version of Bungle is going to record or tour or something. But maybe Patton patching things up with the real members of Bungle will get him off his ass to patch things up with the members of FNM too.

All this band drama is so weird. You'd think a bunch of 50 year olds could chill for a few weeks to pay off a house, but... I guess not. :lol:
Bungle’s been out touring for a few years now with the three main guys + Scott Ian and Dave Lombardo. I saw them last fall and they kicked ass. I think one of the other original guys got arrested for murder recently.

I kinda think the new Janes album will have a similar roll out to Sol Invictus 10 years ago. Single in the fall, album in the spring and tour all of 2025. Crazy to think FNM hasnt done anything in a decade. A tour with Janes would be a good way of getting back out there

JOEinPHX

#12 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:00 pm

someguy wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:55 am
JOEinPHX wrote:

I think one of the other original guys got arrested for murder recently.
Welp, there goes that. Maybe I read that a long time ago. I don't know. Time doesn't make sense anymore.

Diabolik

#13 Post by Diabolik » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:13 pm

Dear Jane’s,

Please play a warm up gig or two in LA before this huge Euro tour.

This way some maniac can em record it and I can watch it on YouTube

Thanks in advance

Hokahey
Site Admin

#14 Post by Hokahey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:31 pm

Diabolik wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:13 pm
Dear Jane’s,

Please play a warm up gig or two in LA before this huge Euro tour.

This way some maniac can em record it and I can watch it on YouTube

Thanks in advance
Keep an eye out next Tuesday. :wink:

I’m just fucking with you I don’t know anything.

bman

#15 Post by bman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:53 pm

Dear Jane's,

Please announce a proper US Fall tour. Asking for a few friends..

JOEinPHX

#16 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:30 pm

Dear Jane’s,

It’s time to shit or get off the pot.

Double album.

Thanks.

Larry B.

#17 Post by Larry B. » Wed May 01, 2024 3:24 pm

someguy wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:55 am
JOEinPHX wrote:

Bungle’s been out touring for a few years now with the three main guys + Scott Ian and Dave Lombardo. I saw them last fall and they kicked ass. I think one of the other original guys got arrested for murder recently.

I kinda think the new Janes album will have a similar roll out to Sol Invictus 10 years ago. Single in the fall, album in the spring and tour all of 2025. Crazy to think FNM hasnt done anything in a decade. A tour with Janes would be a good way of getting back out there
I went to see Mr. Bungle here in Chile, I think it was last year. Was disappointed that I couldn’t expect them to play any of the songs from their first 3 albums, but I had a fucking blast. The mosh pit did me so good. And they closed with Territory by Sepultura, which was a nice touch.