Deluxe Edition(s) w/Live CD

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pandemonium

Deluxe Edition(s) w/Live CD

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:59 pm

I dunno if Best Buy had the 2 cd version's price mismarked or what, but it was $11.99 today which seemed pretty reasonable. There is also a "Best Buy Only" version that is the single cd in a small generic looking box with a black Jane's t-shirt.

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else here, but the 2 cd set has a quad-fold that includes all the lyrics to TGEA. Reading through the lyrics, I'm struck by just how lousy Perry's writing is on this album.

One interesting thing I spotted which I never knew before is that Avery gets a co-writing credit on "Superhero" on the live disc.

Speaking of the live disc, every track has fade-in and fade-outs between songs, maybe so they could fit the show on one cd as it runs just over 80 minutes. Most of Perry's inbetween song banter is gone. The show itself is fair. As usual, Perry is strong on one song, than shitty on the next. Ain't No Right needs to be retired - he just can't sing it well at all any more. End To The Lies is pretty decent, much better live as I've said most of the tracks off this album will be. Perry gets a little carried away railing against the "subject" in the song, ranting "motherfuckin' liar" which is funny when you consider the source of his venom. "Stop" is probably the best track from this show.

creep
Site Admin

Re: Deluxe Edition(s) w/Live CD

#2 Post by creep » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:00 pm

yeah here are the packages you can get

https://www.facebook.com/JanesAddiction ... 9056466357

with the code "UNDERGROUND" you get $4 off.

not a bad price with a t-shirt but i wouldn't wear that one.

Pandemonium

#3 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:48 pm

creep wrote:yeah here are the packages you can get

https://www.facebook.com/JanesAddiction ... 9056466357

with the code "UNDERGROUND" you get $4 off.

not a bad price with a t-shirt but i wouldn't wear that one.
I don't think the album cover graphic is the shirt with the Best Buy bundle. I think it's the new logo and graphics that are on the back of the cd.

NYRexall

#4 Post by NYRexall » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 am

Who is the JA pin-up girl inside the fold-out where the lyrics are? Is it Etty or just some random model?

Matz

#5 Post by Matz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 am

Pandemonium wrote:
One interesting thing I spotted which I never knew before is that Avery gets a co-writing credit on "Superhero" on the live disc.
really?!So that's an old song or part of it probably is? That's pretty big news isn't it?

Eric B.

#6 Post by Eric B. » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:27 am

NYRexall wrote:Who is the JA pin-up girl inside the fold-out where the lyrics are? Is it Etty or just some random model?
In the live chat they said it was the girlfriend of the guy who mhe art/layout for the album. So no Etty, you can jerk off safely :wink:

Tyler Durden

#7 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 am

Pandemonium wrote:One interesting thing I spotted which I never knew before is that Avery gets a co-writing credit on "Superhero" on the live disc.
Sounds like a strategic "typo" on Perry's part, just to piss off diehards of the original band and demonize Eric. The band knows that those that hate "Superhero" and those that love Eric basically fall into the same camp.

And according to ASCAP, "Superhero" was written by:

EZRIN ROBERT ALAN
FARRELL PERRY
NAVARRO DAVID MICHAEL
PERKINS STEPHEN ANDREW
RANDALL-EMBRY JOSHUA AARON

tvrec

#8 Post by tvrec » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:37 am

The Best Buy double disc was in the ad this week: 11.99 til Sat for the double and 9.99 for the regular. I had pre-ordered it online, but it was backordered, so I went in and picked up a copy of the double disc yesterday at my local store. I also saw the T-Shirt box sitting with the box sets but honestly it just looked like a T-shirt to me with the equipment crate logo. Maybe there was another bundle I missed, but that box with a 14.99 price tag (I think) didn't say anything about a CD being in the box.