TGEA- A month In

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: TGEA- A month In

#101 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 pm

i wonder what the other guys think of the fact that Perry now cares more about how (now 3) Lollapaloozas than he does about Jane's Addiction.

bman

#102 Post by bman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:09 pm

It does feel like 03..But Perry said they are planning a US Theater tour beginning mid Feb 2012, plus a world tour. Call DAve up on tonight on Dark Matter. Bottom line is why would they quit when they can make bank on a summer 2012 amphitheater tour with a band like the pumpkins...Even if they mail it with the same old same old sets they will still make good dough.

JOEinPHX

#103 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:28 pm

bman wrote:It does feel like 03..But Perry said they are planning a US Theater tour beginning mid Feb 2012, plus a world tour. Call DAve up on tonight on Dark Matter. Bottom line is why would they quit when they can make bank on a summer 2012 amphitheater tour with a band like the pumpkins...Even if they mail it with the same old same old sets they will still make good dough.
But are the fans always just going to be left waiting for a 15 date summer tour?

Everything always seems to be scheduled around Perry's Lollapalooza plans. Which basically means you're not going to see a lot of summer touring because he'll be in the final stages of getting Grant Park ready.

i think they'll tour February to March. A dozen dates total.

Then hiatus till May. They'll tour some summer radio shows from May to June.

Then hiatus while Perry works on Lolla.

Then in September they'll announce an October-November Fall tour. Possibly in Europe. Another dozen shows.

Then break for the holidays.

Then in January 2013 they'll start writing/recording for a new album.

The new album will come out in 2021.

In between you'll see 7-10 cash grab shows around Los Angeles, San Fran, and Nevada.

bman

#104 Post by bman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Pretty much sums it up. I agree..Small theater tour in March..maybe 10 dates in select cities. I still see a summer shed tour with a another major 90's band.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#105 Post by Hokahey » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:42 pm

If they're touring in Februrary we should see dates popping up any day now. I have my doubts.

Diabolik

#106 Post by Diabolik » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Exactly.

Dates are going up now for the RHCP for March... I doubt Janes will tour. They Did no promotion, and the album just sorta came and went. I barely remember any print interviews or magazines or anything...I have to admit it, but maybe they can't anymore. Combo of not caring , and being irrelevant.

Again it's wrong to compare, but 2 months out from the new RHCP ablum they were doing European shows, Ero TV, MtV, Fuse.

Janes either couldn't do that stuff, as in no one wanted them to, or they just couldnt get it together. it's a shame though...the album is just as great as the Peppers new disc.

Just piss poor management all around