TGEA- A month In

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
jptm

Re: TGEA- A month In

#76 Post by jptm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:55 pm

i follow six7, and recommend others---he's a funny guy. And a 'great' twitterer.

Artemis

#77 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:00 pm

what makes a good twitterer?

Hype

#78 Post by Hype » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Artemis wrote:what makes a good twitterer?
Wit. Volume. Rinse. Repeat.

nausearockpig

#79 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:06 pm

is a Twat a group of Twitterers?

JOEinPHX

#80 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:19 pm

nausearockpig wrote:is a Twat a group of Twitterers?

nausearockpig

#81 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:23 pm

is that image meant to represent "OMFG that's so funny I need to hold my head in my hands because I'm weak from laughter" or "OMFG that's so dumb I need to hold my head in my hands because I'm weak from exasperation"?

JOEinPHX

#82 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:24 pm

it's a double-handed facepalm.

nausearockpig

#83 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:30 pm

OIC. sooo... not funny then.. doubly so.

I'm a sad robot.

:-[

JOEinPHX

#84 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:37 pm

is that better or worse than a sad panda?

nausearockpig

#85 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:54 pm

It's sadder cos the switch can be stuck on sad. Rust from tears and all that... Whereas if you have some bamboo shoots handy, you can fix a sad panda right up! Unless you're talking bout Sexual Harrassment Panda. That's a different story altogether.

Larry B.

#86 Post by Larry B. » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Artemis

#87 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:27 pm

creep convinced me to get with the times...i joined twitter. i haven't tweeted or set anything up yet. i'm not sure of the twitter language, but feel free to twit me/friend me or follow me... @skSoniask :wave:

if i don't have any followers or anything and i tweet, can the twitter world hear me tweeting?

this is new for me...pretend you are explaining how it works to your mother.

be nice and humour me. :lol:

nausearockpig

#88 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Artemis wrote:creep convinced me to get with the times...i joined twitter. i haven't tweeted or set anything up yet. i'm not sure of the twitter language, but feel free to twit me/friend me or follow me... @skSoniask :wave:

if i don't have any followers or anything and i tweet, can the twitter world hear me tweeting?

yay i'm following you! and i just said hello..

JOEinPHX

#89 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Artemis wrote:creep convinced me to get with the times...i joined twitter. i haven't tweeted or set anything up yet. i'm not sure of the twitter language, but feel free to twit me/friend me or follow me... @skSoniask :wave:

People follow you. They are the ones who can see what you say.

You say stuff. Post links. Whatever. People can reply. People can retweet (which means they copy your tweet and send it out to THEIR follower list) if they like it.

It's basically just a blog, but you work within the constraint of 140 characters.

nausearockpig

#90 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:50 pm

so if we wanna follow each other and stuff, we can post our names here> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=662

Larry B.

#91 Post by Larry B. » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Here's basically how it works:

- Anybody who checks twitter.com/skSoniask will read what you have written (unless you change your privacy settings).
- If you simply write something, your followers will see it immediately in their Timeline; similarly, when you follow someone, you will see all their twits in your Timeline.
- If you mention someone (e.g., @perryfarrell), that person will receive that message as a mention. You can read twits that mention you in the @skSoniask tab.
- If you read something interesting and want to share it with your followers, point with your mouse the twit you want to share and click 'Retweet', and then confirm.

:wiggle:

nausearockpig

#92 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Larry B. wrote:Here's basically how it works:

- Anybody who checks twitter.com/skSoniask will read what you have written (unless you change your privacy settings).
- If you simply write something, your followers will see it immediately in their Timeline; similarly, when you follow someone, you will see all their twits in your Timeline.
- If you mention someone (e.g., @perryfarrell), that person will receive that message as a mention. You can read twits that mention you in the @skSoniask tab.
- If you read something interesting and want to share it with your followers, point with your mouse the twit you want to share and click 'Retweet', and then confirm.

:wiggle:

creep
Site Admin

#93 Post by creep » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:29 pm

twitter is not about who follows you it's about who you follow. (at least for me)

my twitter name is a girls name because of when i tried to scam lolla tickets from dave navarro. i have never changed it back. i don't want anyone following me because i never tweet.

JOEinPHX

#94 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 pm

creep wrote:
twitter is not about who follows you it's about who you follow. (at least for me)
That's how i feel about it. I only follow people who are good with funny 1 liners. It's a quick escape from whatever, and interesting exchanges happen easier.

if someone follows me, i will go through a week of their timeline to see if anything makes me laugh. If not, i don't follow back. I am totally selfish as I am mostly only in it for my own enjoyment. Although it's been an amazing outlet for me for all the weird stuff that goes through my head on a daily basis.

Diabolik

#95 Post by Diabolik » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:06 am

Not that I should compare...bit RHCP are Grammy Nominated this year and Rock N Roll Hall of Fame bound.

Jane's...is off the map doing nothing

Artemis

#96 Post by Artemis » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:30 am

I'm sure they've got something going on like reservations at Nobu for a festive holiday band dinner. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#97 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 am

Artemis wrote:I'm sure they've got something going on like reservations at Nobu for a festive holiday band dinner. :lol:
Etty likes to dine alone, according to her twitter.

So Perry will probably be left at home by himself. He just gets to foot the bill.

thisnameisinuse

#98 Post by thisnameisinuse » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:29 am

Dear God,

Please, please never let Jane's Addiction join the sodding Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame.

Yours faithfully,
thisnameisinuse

Japhy

#99 Post by Japhy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:51 am

Diabolik wrote:Not that I should compare...bit RHCP are Grammy Nominated this year and Rock N Roll Hall of Fame bound.

Jane's...is off the map doing nothing
I saw the same and thought the same... Jane's have pissed it away and not in a good sense. I mean, they've actually tried to get back into the game and failed miserably. Cancelling tonights show (even though the reason could well be justified) is just another example of them missing the boat opportunity wise.

They're leaving it pretty late to announce details of this Feb World Tour too aren't they?!

Hokahey
Site Admin

#100 Post by Hokahey » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:45 am

I mentioned it before, but I think this band might be effectively finished. I'll be pretty surprised if they actually do a full scale tour in February or ever again. At best I see them being a festival/radio show band.

I could be wrong of course and my opinion is just based on my gut feeling seeing how theyre handling everything right now after a massive buildup leading to the release of TGEA. Feels like '03 all over again.