OK, WTF (RE: TR sessions)

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

OK, WTF (RE: TR sessions)

#1 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Recent tweet/reply from Perry:

https://twitter.com/#!/perryfarrell/sta ... 3789376512
@perryfarrell wrote:It was goood tooo rt @LamdaLamdaLamda: are we ever going to get to hear the JA recordings from '09 when Trent was producing?
If they were so damn good then:

1. Why were they not released?
2. Why were the other reports from you guys that they weren't up to your standards?
3. Why didn't you answered the question about why they weren't released?

Pure Method

Re: OK, WTF (RE: TR sessions)

#2 Post by Pure Method » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:35 am

spoiled child is spoiled, big whoop. we'll never see them. fuck perry. yeesh.

Kajicat

#3 Post by Kajicat » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:22 am

God, I love Perry.
Such a tease.
Such a puppeteer of his fans.

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Perry's just delighting in being a lying douchebag.... again.

There's not much to hear from what's been said. Certainly nothing close to finished form. Basically, they dicked and bickered over a few rudimentary demos for a couple weeks and at some point, gave up and spent a day or two re-recording Chip Away and Whores for the NINJA promo.

Tyler Durden

#5 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Perry is just teasing because he is bitter that after only 3 weeks, people have lost interest in his new album and are back to focusing on how he fucked up things with Eric. :lolol:

trevor ayer

#6 Post by trevor ayer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:26 pm

meh u never know .. wasn't mick jaggers tatoo you pieced together from pieces of jams .. maybe there are a bunch of jams on trents hard drive that perry is now checking out .. could have been great either way .. erics way or perrys way .. either all in the room writing or sending demos .. who knows .. whores and chip away were horrid .. perry could piece shit together and sing over it and make a record out of it if he wanted to .. the jams on those promo clips sound great .. they must have had the record button on the whole time .. what band does not do that .. with eric they probably had at least 10 songs and they were being hyper critical and analyzed them to death until they could only both agree that they really only had one song and it was "embrace the darkness" but really they had like 10 decent ideas that sound way better now that they are not in the moment getting all wierd in the head with each other .. or maybe the riffs they did have sounded really good but they thought they needed chorus to go with them .. you know how everything on the new record has some big stupid rock chorus .. but the old janes did not .. so maybe they didn't think they had any songs because it was just old school one chord jams with no chorus .. yup thats it .. mystery solved

Deconstruction

#7 Post by Deconstruction » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Wasn't the story that Perry liked Embrace The Darkness while Eric and Dave didn't think it was worthy of being their comeback song?

I remember Eric said in the Sony interview that he loved the outro, and said the song is better than some of Jane's old songs (the weaker ones is what I think he meant). I don't see why they won't leak this, I mean why not?

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Deconstruction wrote:Wasn't the story that Perry liked Embrace The Darkness while Eric and Dave didn't think it was worthy of being their comeback song?

I remember Eric said in the Sony interview that he loved the outro, and said the song is better than some of Jane's old songs (the weaker ones is what I think he meant). I don't see why they won't leak this, I mean why not?
If anyone was going to leak it, it would be Dave.

But if Perry is lying and didn't actually like the song due to Eric perhaps being in total control of it's direction, then i could see issues arising between Dave and Perry if it got out.

So Dave would want to maintain the peace.

If Perry actually did like it, but Dave didn't, there is no chance of it getting out because:

1. It's an Eric song and Perry isn't going to let him get credit if fans love it
2. Perry's surely not releasing anything he can't make a dollar off of.

Then you get into a situation where maybe Perry and Dave both like it, but held it back because it was an Eric song. Even in that case, it's not getting released because they don't want any chance of someone saying the Eric material is better than what they actually released.

It's a constant losing situation for the band no matter what. So there is no way we'll ever hear it. It will get archived in Perk's closet and not see the light of day till 2 of the band members are dead and we're all 80 years old.

Matz

#9 Post by Matz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:56 pm

it's torture to think about what could have been. Imagine Trent, Dave, Perry, Eric and probably Atticus Ross and the rest of Trent's team in Trent's crazy cool studio writing and recording new Jane's music! :banghead: I can't take it....can't we sue Perry over it or something?!

CaseyContrarian

#10 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Deconstruction wrote:Wasn't the story that Perry liked Embrace The Darkness while Eric and Dave didn't think it was worthy of being their comeback song?

If anyone was going to leak it, it would be Dave.

But if Perry is lying and didn't actually like the song due to Eric perhaps being in total control of it's direction, then i could see issues arising between Dave and Perry if it got out.

So Dave would want to maintain the peace.

If Perry actually did like it, but Dave didn't, there is no chance of it getting out because:

1. It's an Eric song and Perry isn't going to let him get credit if fans love it
2. Perry's surely not releasing anything he can't make a dollar off of.

Then you get into a situation where maybe Perry and Dave both like it, but held it back because it was an Eric song. Even in that case, it's not getting released because they don't want any chance of someone saying the Eric material is better than what they actually released.

It's a constant losing situation for the band no matter what. So there is no way we'll ever hear it. It will get archived in Perk's closet and not see the light of day till 2 of the band members are dead and we're all 80 years old.
Probably true, but my guess is that Perk doesn't have it. Trent or Atticus are the ones with the multitracks.

Juana

#11 Post by Juana » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Yeah if it was done at Trent's studio I would bet on what is posted above that Trent or Atticus have them.

JOEinPHX

#12 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Let's break into Trent's studio.

Juana

#13 Post by Juana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm down

CaseyContrarian

#14 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Juana wrote:I'm down
Me, too. It'll be just like he Oceans series, but handsomer.

Artemis

#15 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Do any of you have any previous 'B and E' experience?

Juana

#16 Post by Juana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Merhaps

Artemis

#17 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:56 pm

:lol: Well, you better take charge of the operation then.

JOEinPHX

#18 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:53 pm

i might be able to make it stealth.

i know a guy who's best friend is Mariqueen, Trent's wife.

Now if i can get him to hang out with us all on a day that he plans to go to the Reznor house to visit her, some of you can sneak away to go to the bathroom and raid the studio. Just make sure to ONLY copy the hard drive files that say "JA - WTF IS THIS SHIT?"

sinep

#19 Post by sinep » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:41 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: i know a guy who's best friend is Mariqueen, Trent's wife.
"
or you could just ask him to ask for a copy of it.

Enron

#20 Post by Enron » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Better question: how does one SQUANDER such a frakkin' opportunity. Jesus, Perry...

Trent, a musically and culturally relevant artist - lets you tour with em.
He lets you CLOSE the show out of respect. Even when you haven't been important since 1997.
He's an excellent producer who 'gets' your legacy, and is honestly trying to help you.
You got your frakkin' co-captain back on the ship (Eric), and you...what...have too fragile an ego to be successful?

:no:

Larry B.

#21 Post by Larry B. » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Juana wrote:I'm down
Like a clown, Charlie Brown?

Tyler Durden

#22 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Enron wrote:Better question: how does one SQUANDER such a frakkin' opportunity. Jesus, Perry...

He lets you CLOSE the show out of respect. Even when you haven't been important since 1997.
He's an excellent producer who 'gets' your legacy, and is honestly trying to help you.
You got your frakkin' co-captain back on the ship (Eric), and you...what...have too fragile an ego to be successful?

Not to mention, at the end of 2010, Trent Reznor added "Golden Globe winner" and "Oscar winner" to his resume. What did Perry add to his resume? Appearing on "Married To Rock". I'm assuming he was on it...I never watched it. :noclue:

Tyler Durden

#23 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:38 pm

:sui:

JOEinPHX

#24 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Enron wrote:Better question: how does one SQUANDER such a frakkin' opportunity. Jesus, Perry...

Not to mention, at the end of 2010, Trent Reznor added "Golden Globe winner" and "Oscar winner" to his resume.
BINGO.
What did Perry add to his resume? Appearing on "Married To Rock". I'm assuming he was on it...I never watched it. :noclue:
Yeah that was pretty much it. He also released the international bomb "Applause for you"

Enron

#25 Post by Enron » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:05 pm

He got swallowed into HelL.A. society. Trent is smart, and keeps his distance from it.