JOEinPHX

Re: The Contrarian: IF Remix

#51 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:07 am

Same people, same squables.

But a better direction.

Larry B.

#52 Post by Larry B. » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 am

Pillar Girl wrote:well as long as the catfighting ends, im cool with coming here to read JA news, and not remix wars. i got turned off from Xiola a few times
because it just became so negitive beyond posting anything rational.
I think it's ok, in terms that we're keeping this situation here, solely in this thread :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#53 Post by creep » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:30 am

Larry B. wrote:
Pillar Girl wrote:well as long as the catfighting ends, im cool with coming here to read JA news, and not remix wars. i got turned off from Xiola a few times
I think it's ok, in terms that we're keeping this situation here, solely in this thread :noclue:
it's just two guys defending their music/art. :noclue:

this is nothing.

Artemis

#54 Post by Artemis » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 am

creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
it's just two guys defending their music/art. :noclue:

this is nothing.
Exactly. It's the penis thread that might get a little ugly...

CaseyContrarian

#55 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:04 am

I really should apologize to Trevor for singling him out — it's really a situation of him representing an aggregate annoyance from my days of getting the hard sell from the world's misguided musicians. I'm glad he gets enjoyment out of expressing himself creatively, and don't want to discourage that. If he likes hearing his version of TGEA more than the original, more power to him. Me, not so much.

Thanks for listening to all this stuff, his and mine and anybody else's, good or bad.

Now back to your regularly scheduled complaining about JA.

Larry B.

#56 Post by Larry B. » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:28 am

CaseyContrarian wrote:I really should apologize to Trevor for singling him out — it's really a situation of him representing an aggregate annoyance from my days of getting the hard sell from the world's misguided musicians. I'm glad he gets enjoyment out of expressing himself creatively, and don't want to discourage that. If he likes hearing his version of TGEA more than the original, more power to him. Me, not so much.

Thanks for listening to all this stuff, his and mine and anybody else's, good or bad.

Now back to your regularly scheduled complaining about JA.
No! Let's talk about how much Jane's would rule with your collaboration and how much more it would suck with Trevor on board!

trevor ayer

#57 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:55 am

or we could talk about how even perry dave and stephen lost all hope in anyone on this board growing up and holding an intelligent conversation

or we could talk about how even sonny dumped your asses cuz you are too stupid to let anyone else participate without slagging them to death, without even reading or listening to what they have to contribute

no casey you don't owe me an apology (not that you actually apologized) .. i've never really been speaking to the fraternity that hounds these boards .. i just appreciate the traffic it culls :bigrin: 400 downloads in a week is not so bad is it?

i don't get your "hard sell" excuse for your asshole condescending behavior .. you know .. calling me a shitty musician without even listening to the remix i posted .. i have never even spoken to you and if you were the guy behind the counter at one of the record stores i dropped my shit at than i sincerely doubt i did anything other than drop off my stuff .. i certainly didn't "hard sell" anything to you or anyone .. just put it out there .. cuz thats what i do ..

all i did was post my remixes .. after being asked to ... and you jumped in just to dog me without even listening to it .. then made up a bunch more garbage and promoed your crap all over my thread while accusing me of being overly promotional and having a huge ego for even thinking i could make something interesting .. and of course all the usual assholes that dog everything i say jumped in on your asshole condescending frat party ..

you win the popularity contest casey .. i am sure you are used to it .. being that mediocrity rules this board .. but as i said .. your remix is pretty boring in terms of your additions .. and didn't really change much from the original .. its more like those you tube vids where some dude plays along with the recording than anything creative .. but i am happy you got pleasure out of copying my ideas and showing you have friends who love to dog me as much as you do .. glad i could inspire you .. probably not the first time eh?

i'll be sure to look for you behind the counter next time i have some tunes to drop off .. i am sure you will still be there :lol:

Hype

#58 Post by Hype » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Why are you attacking everyone on these boards, Trevor? Most of us just said we didn't like your mix as much as Casey's. That's not the same thing as saying we don't like you, or that you're somehow inferior (just your particular version of IF in comparison to Casey's appears to us to be). So what? Get over it and do something we do like. Wouldn't you rather be challenged than to have it easy?

trevor ayer

#59 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Why are you attacking everyone on these boards, Trevor? Most of us just said we didn't like your mix as much as Casey's. That's not the same thing as saying we don't like you, or that you're somehow inferior (just your particular version of IF in comparison to Casey's appears to us to be). So what? Get over it and do something we do like. Wouldn't you rather be challenged than to have it easy?
i am not attacking EVERYONE .. i totally appreciate the critique .. especially when it's done honestly and not just to dump on me .. as i said .. casey didn't even listen before he started dumping .. 6767 loves to dig at me as do a handful of others ... not attacking anyone .. just responding to ludacris statements about me .. made for no reason other than to be an asshole to me .. i haven't dogged anyone that did not dog me first .. and yes .. i love that people challenge me .. why else would i continue .. and i love to challenge other people too .. fair is fair .. cya next time :lol:

Hype

#60 Post by Hype » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:14 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:Why are you attacking everyone on these boards, Trevor? Most of us just said we didn't like your mix as much as Casey's. That's not the same thing as saying we don't like you, or that you're somehow inferior (just your particular version of IF in comparison to Casey's appears to us to be). So what? Get over it and do something we do like. Wouldn't you rather be challenged than to have it easy?
i am not attacking EVERYONE .. i totally appreciate the critique .. especially when it's done honestly and not just to dump on me .. as i said .. casey didn't even listen before he started dumping .. 6767 loves to dig at me as do a handful of others ... not attacking anyone .. just responding to ludacris statements about me .. made for no reason other than to be an asshole to me .. i haven't dogged anyone that did not dog me first .. and yes .. i love that people challenge me .. why else would i continue .. and i love to challenge other people too .. fair is fair .. cya next time :lol:
But that's not an accurate description of what you've said... You said, e.g., "perry dave and stephen lost all hope in anyone on this board growing up and holding an intelligent conversation" and, "or we could talk about how even sonny dumped your asses cuz you are too stupid to let anyone else participate without slagging them to death, without even reading or listening to what they have to contribute". That's got nothing to do with particular people, even though it may have been a response to Larry (who is a particular person). But that attacks everyone here, not really for any good reason.

JOEinPHX

#61 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:30 pm

trevor ayer wrote: .. 6767 loves to dig at me as do a handful of others ...
Don't act like you're special. I'll shit talk pretty much anything, even things I like. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#62 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:33 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
or we could talk about how even sonny dumped your asses
Sonny didn't dump anyone. Sonny cut off access to his own website. We, however, did not plead and beg for weeks on end for him to take us back. We moved on without him swiftly and immediately.

We dumped Sonny.
cuz you are too stupid to let anyone else participate without slagging them to death, without even reading or listening to what they have to contribute
ahem, it's one thing to take subjective digs at people's opinions and art, it's another to insult them personally. You should probably be careful of your words before you piss people off.

trevor ayer

#63 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
trevor ayer wrote: .. 6767 loves to dig at me as do a handful of others ...
Don't act like you're special. I'll shit talk pretty much anything, even things I like. :lol:
totally .. thats why i take it as a compliment .. thanks for checkin my stuff out!!! :lol:
Six7Six7 wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
or we could talk about how even sonny dumped your asses
Sonny didn't dump anyone. Sonny cut off access to his own website. We, however, did not plead and beg for weeks on end for him to take us back. We moved on without him swiftly and immediately.

We dumped Sonny.
cuz you are too stupid to let anyone else participate without slagging them to death, without even reading or listening to what they have to contribute
ahem, it's one thing to take subjective digs at people's opinions and art, it's another to insult them personally. You should probably be careful of your words before you piss people off.

thanks for that tip .. but lets not sugar coat why perry dumped xiola and why sonny got fed up with the core group here ..

JOEinPHX

#64 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:49 pm

trevor ayer wrote:

thanks for that tip .. but lets not sugar coat why perry dumped xiola and why sonny got fed up with the core group here ..
ok, let's not sugar coat it...

trevor ayer

#65 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:
But that's not an accurate description of what you've said... You said, e.g., "perry dave and stephen lost all hope in anyone on this board growing up and holding an intelligent conversation" and, "or we could talk about how even sonny dumped your asses cuz you are too stupid to let anyone else participate without slagging them to death, without even reading or listening to what they have to contribute". That's got nothing to do with particular people, even though it may have been a response to Larry (who is a particular person). But that attacks everyone here, not really for any good reason.
huh? .. um ok .. i guess i am generalizing because the majority generally either goes along or does nothing when a "group" of regulars rip someone to shreds for saying anything other than :nod: .. and the "everyone" on this board that does nothing is responsible for allowing the few to pretty much destroy what is good about these JANES boards .. EVERYONE failed in terms of xiola losing cred to perry .. and EVERYONE continued to fail when sonny finally gave up on said "group" and shut down the whole board .. i don't mind reminding EVERYONE of that when they go along and let it continue and even act like I am being the jerk, when I am the one being dogged unreasonably .. and I am just sticking up for myself .. i don't care if EVERYON hates my remixes .. but when its not really about the remixes I will stick up for myself

Hokahey
Site Admin

#66 Post by Hokahey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:58 pm

I think someone needs an internet break.

JOEinPHX

#67 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:04 pm

maybe he just needs a hug

trevor ayer

#68 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:07 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:

ok, let's not sugar coat it...

yup you guys dumped on perrys wife .. on a janes board .. usually just to be a shit head .. so much that perry, who used to actually read these boards, lost any respect for your point of view on anything .. not that etty is great or anything .. even that janes is great .. its just u guys get so caught up in the kill that you lose all perspective and credibility, and interest from those whom you seemingly want to influence .. y'alll are super funny sometimes .. but shit man .. you had perrys ear and ya blew it .. you had a legendary and well respected website and ya blew it .. now all you have is the ear of some guy who works behind the register at a record store who is still mad about something noone else remembers happening 20 years ago .. nice job!!! .. just wish i could post something here without fucking a donkey in some hazing frat initiation .. or whatever the new secret handshake u guys have these days is .. :noclue:

CaseyContrarian

#69 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 pm

The weird thing is that I've listened to Trevor's stuff way before this remix, and when I saw him talking about himself on Xiola, I listened again. I think that was enough to make an educated guess about the remix, which I then went and listened to.

Trevor, on the other hand, didn't listen to anything I've done. Nor did he pay any attention to the summary of my years since we lived in the same area, because he apparently thinks I work at a record store, as opposed to being a music and technology pundit who is in the fucking New York Times and NPR every other week. Sorry for being "that guy" again, but man, this dude gets me going.

I don't take back my apology, but I do laugh my ass off at the ongoing delusion.

Yes, Trevor. I ripped off your mix. You are the greatest. I heart you 4 Eva.

trevor ayer

#70 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:20 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:
Yes, Trevor. I ripped off your mix. You are the greatest. I heart you 4 Eva.
now thats more like it!!! apology accepted!

.. now use this opportunity to toot your own horn some more .. maybe post a few more links to your non janes related work

.. at least it will be on your own thread this time :lol:

trevor ayer

#71 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 pm

ps .. just a little fyi .. i listened to your rockethead reuinion video and your IR remix 3 times before writing a review .. you slagged me BEFORE checking out my remixes just for the hell of it I guess .. you complained that i was "hard selling" you when i dropped my music off at a record store .. so um glad you got a new job finally .. just so you can stop making up fairy tales about what i did or did not do ..

creep
Site Admin

#72 Post by creep » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:38 pm

battle of the egos

Jasper

#73 Post by Jasper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Trevor, nobody liked your mixes. It's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with you as a person, but you're so upset about it that you're getting worked up and claiming that it's not about music, but about everyone hating you. People haven't given you a hard time, even after all of the shit you started at xiola. I'd say people have been pretty forgiving and patient with you. It's strange that you went from #1 Perry supporter to most consistently anti-JA poster, but that's what happened. Accusing other people of negativity at this point is pretty silly and hypocritical.

You need to accept that people don't like it and that's the whole story. It's certainly not a popularity contest with Casey. None of use even know the guy.

Keep in mind that nobody liked your remixes over at ja.net either, so somehow blaming xiola and ANR for people not liking your stuff is not supported by simple logic.

Please stop the bitter ranting.

CaseyContrarian

#74 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:02 pm

creep wrote:battle of the egos
Totally. I'm gonna hate myself after this is done. :balls:

trevor ayer

#75 Post by trevor ayer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Jasper wrote:Trevor, nobody liked your mixes. It's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with you as a person, but you're so upset about it that you're getting worked up and claiming that it's not about music, but about everyone hating you. People haven't given you a hard time, even after all of the shit you started at xiola. I'd say people have been pretty forgiving and patient with you. It's strange that you went from #1 Perry supporter to most consistently anti-JA poster, but that's what happened. Accusing other people of negativity at this point is pretty silly and hypocritical.

You need to accept that people don't like it and that's the whole story. It's certainly not a popularity contest with Casey. None of use even know the guy.

Keep in mind that nobody liked your remixes over at ja.net either, so somehow blaming xiola and ANR for people not liking your stuff is not supported by simple logic.

Please stop the bitter ranting.

oh kiss my ass jasper .. you of all people dog me more than most .. and you know it .. if i say eric is being a douche in his interview you cry like a lil bitch .. then change your mind a year later .. like i said .. if i dont nod and agree with you and the rest of the handful y'all crap on me .. then you act like you are being civil and that i am too worked up if i defend myself .. i don't believe that everybody hates my remixes .. nor do i care AT ALL .. but i do enjoy responding to assholes who think they own the whole board and like to piss all over me, and others .. anyone remember zdilla? .. just because we disagree and/or offer up something creative .. you don't see me ripping pillar girl a new asshole because she didn't like my remix .. and you won't .. because there is a huge difference between people who have an opinion and people like you, who just like to dig for the sake of the pissing match .. i wont start the pissing match but i am happy to finish it :bigrin: :nod: