Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Message
Author
creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9690
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#541 Post by creep » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:49 pm

$25 for a bag :hs:

User avatar
drifter
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: vegas

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#542 Post by drifter » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:00 pm

creep wrote:$25 for a bag :hs:
I haven't seen this in the 10 years the album came out or even knew it (assumingly) was part of the first day sale. I got it about a month ago so pretty cool someone held onto it to share for this long. im usually a cheep skate but this was unique to me. I shared how much I got it for to help others in what the value could be. (shipping was 5 bucks so really the value is $20)
I have one from the smiths (shop lifters of the world unite) that's ultra rare and valued in the hundreds now (grant the bag had a rare picture of elvis on it which made it a cross over merchandise)
Image

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7662
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#543 Post by kv » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Lmao wow

User avatar
drifter
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: vegas

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#544 Post by drifter » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:55 pm

I quit

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9690
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#545 Post by creep » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:01 pm

:lol: don't take it personal. there are a couple people left still collect jane's stuff and you happen to be one of them. my desire to do it is gone along with most here. you will never make money doing it though. not really a demand left.

find an unreleased pre 91 pro shot or soundboard recording and i will get excited. that's about all that would do it for me these days.

User avatar
Six7Six7
Posts: 6321
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#546 Post by Six7Six7 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:48 pm

One of you guys should email Perry and offer 5 grand to buy the sideways rocking chair or the bedframe collage used in the Ritual album cover.

Because you KNOW that as soon as he is dead, Etty is going to throw those Casey reminders right into a dumpster. If you're going to collect stuff, just go for the real deal instead of nickel and diming yourself for a million postcards and stickers.

User avatar
nausearockpig
Posts: 3717
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#547 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:54 pm

drifter wrote:I quit
collecting or sharing? I suggest neither, I like seeing what you get..

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7662
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#548 Post by kv » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:31 pm

I mean you collect some wacky shit...Jane's addiction spoons? A shopping bag? Home made shit...fuck if I was smart I'd start arts and crafting "Perry's tour plunger" "etty dropped gum wrapper" or just make "1987 janes addiction private party boot $1000 no returns" myself.

So i find it funny...but so what? Hmmmm "so what limited edition super secret cassette" you better watch out for me on ebay :lolol:

So what you like the crap keep getting and enjoying...I doubt when you bought that bag you thought "boy, I'm sure gonna impress ANR and with this!" Enjoy what you enjoy dude...who fucking cares what I like...hell youd prob laugh at the shit I have too it's all just varied tastes

But for real I have a art piece perry himself drew when he was 11...it's in crayon but a true one of a kind original that inspired him to write "just because" because his brother slapped him in his own face when he asked perry why he was drawing it and he responded with "just because" so all joking aside if interested pm me...we may be able to work something out...I have had it for over 20 years and got my enjoyment out of it
..it comes with a written letter of provenance from Casey herself which she drew a sweet doodle on and the back of it she wrote a poem about her secret love for eric..a true treasure

User avatar
Hype
Posts: 6631
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#549 Post by Hype » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:40 pm

kv wrote:But for real I have a art piece perry himself drew when he was 11...it's in crayon but a true one of a kind original that inspired him to write "just because" because his brother slapped him in his own face when he asked perry why he was drawing it and he responded with "just because" so all joking aside if interested pm me...we may be able to work something out...I have had it for over 20 years and got my enjoyment out of it
..it comes with a written letter of provenance from Casey herself which she drew a sweet doodle on and the back of it she wrote a poem about her secret love for eric..a true treasure
I can't believe I read all that, but I really wanted to know what kv'd throw into this sweet deal. :lol:

I'll trade you for the three days poem that I somehow got from that guy who said he had it?

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6966
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#550 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:45 am

:lol:

User avatar
drifter
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: vegas

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#551 Post by drifter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:08 pm

sorry. Ive let kv get under my skin for a moment. this link is about ja and ja collectables.
just really want people to share what they have here, so positive encouragement might lead to seeing rare things people have
if you have something cool in your closet in boxes, grab your cell phone an take a picture, love to know what alls out there
:boobs: peace
Last edited by drifter on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6966
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#552 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:16 pm

drifter wrote:sorry. Ive let kv get under my skin for a moment. this link is about ja and ja collectables.
just really want people to share what they have here, so positive encouragement might lead to seeing rare things people have
if you have something cool in your closet in boxes, grab your cell phone an take a picture, love to know whats alls out there
:boobs: peace
:thumb: All good :tiphat:

User avatar
drifter
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: vegas

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#553 Post by drifter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:04 pm

SR wrote:
drifter wrote:sorry. Ive let kv get under my skin for a moment. this link is about ja and ja collectables.
just really want people to share what they have here, so positive encouragement might lead to seeing rare things people have
if you have something cool in your closet in boxes, grab your cell phone an take a picture, love to know whats alls out there
:boobs: peace
:thumb: All good :tiphat:
so SR, sinse your so cheery, you gotta have SOMETHING to share

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7662
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#554 Post by kv » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Janesaddiction.org is chuck full of all our stuff that's where it was all documented when we still cared...peruse the pages and images and you'll see many posters here attributed to that database...hell in all honesty it could be missing your bag you should send a link to Erik there

But by all means if it makes you happy continue to post whatever here :wiggle:

I would imagine at this point a lot of people's janes stuff is rotting in garages and in boxes put away... minus some posters and the like you have already seen...but janes.org has most almost everything we have..because that's where it was archived..from ticket stubs to t shirts..setlists...all the promos every period boot..what is known is on there...what isn't will not be drawn out by a thread..or even money the super rare isn't gonna come out unless you have super rare to trade for it.. trust me we have tried..for literally decades now

User avatar
drifter
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: vegas

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#555 Post by drifter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Ive shown stuff to erik to document but to my guessing, mikes health is important right now so he cant do it or erik has a load on his hands or maybe even disenchanted
Last edited by drifter on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9690
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#556 Post by creep » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:30 pm

mike's health? what is going on with him?

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7662
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#557 Post by kv » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:32 pm

I wish I could say I cared :lolol:

I'll see him in hell

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9690
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#558 Post by creep » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:38 pm

that's not nice. mike was fun at times when he would get drunk and fight with everyone.

no bigger fanboy back in the day. handsome mike.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6966
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#559 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:03 pm

drifter wrote:
SR wrote:
drifter wrote:sorry. Ive let kv get under my skin for a moment. this link is about ja and ja collectables.
just really want people to share what they have here, so positive encouragement might lead to seeing rare things people have
if you have something cool in your closet in boxes, grab your cell phone an take a picture, love to know whats alls out there
:boobs: peace
:thumb: All good :tiphat:
so SR, sinse your so cheery, you gotta have SOMETHING to share
I got nothing. I don't even own all of Jane's albums. :nod:

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6966
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#560 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Yeah, Mike struggles. I get that. I've never noticed a mean bone in the guy.

Post Reply