Eric Tweet

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Eric Tweet

#26 Post by creep » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:07 am

Artemis wrote:
SR wrote:It comes off as mean spirited. I feel/think he should shut up at this point and support his own music in live settings.
I agree.
I was a little bit surprised because i thought he was a classier guy. it's like a kick at someone who is already down. It would have been more professional to take the high road.
i do think he was talking about when he was in the band about not being any good anymore. he was just trying to be funny. :noclue:

Artemis

#27 Post by Artemis » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:09 am

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
SR wrote:It comes off as mean spirited. I feel/think he should shut up at this point and support his own music in live settings.
I agree.
I was a little bit surprised because i thought he was a classier guy. it's like a kick at someone who is already down. It would have been more professional to take the high road.
i do think he was talking about when he was in the band about not being any good anymore. he was just trying to be funny. :noclue:
of course he was trying to be funny. it was still a dig, imo. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#28 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:10 am

creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
I agree.
I think that's an odd interpetation. Even if he was referring to when he was in the band (2-3 years ago now) he's still saying "they", which makes it sounds like the other guys suck.

creep
Site Admin

#29 Post by creep » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:14 am

hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
I agree.
I think that's an odd interpetation. Even if he was referring to when he was in the band (2-3 years ago now) he's still saying "they", which makes it sounds like the other guys suck.
hopefully people will start turning on eric because it always bugged me that it seems like the guy can do no wrong with everyone here. perry used to have that too. watch out stephen you are next.

kv

#30 Post by kv » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:16 am

it's a dig so what? perry dragging jane's long decomposed corpse through the mud again and again prob gets old....espec when you have fans tweeting you thinking thats your art still

Hokahey
Site Admin

#31 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:20 am

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
I agree.
hopefully people will start turning on eric because it always bugged me that it seems like the guy can do no wrong with everyone here. perry used to have that too. watch out stephen you are next.
I think plenty of people have question Perk's decisions with some of the other musicians he's hooked up with.

The untouchable one is Pete.

Although after our Lollapalooza meet-up with the Baltimore crew I mentioned how up his ass some of them were and how much he seemed to feed of their behavior. It was like what I would imagine watching Mike with Perry would be like. My saying is that is what pissed them off and led that NIN59165165 dude to lie about what I said in that park. I also told Pete the same thing. I was surprised how gracious he was in hearing my opinion and said he'd reflect on it. Still, the entire situation was a little off-putting.

SR

#32 Post by SR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:21 am

EA is awesome....by far the best part of the JA legacy, but not perfect.

Larry B.

#33 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:28 am

Besides, Eric seems to receive those type of tweets like every 5 minutes...

'hey, loved your new haircut in the Just Because video!'

'only you can replace JA's original bass player, Flea! here's my favorite pic of the band: Image '

You guys remember a tweet from probably 2 months ago? It was like 'HEYYYY LOL IT WAS AWSUM SEEING YOU AT THE SHOW, UR MY FAVORITE BASSIST EVER'. His answer was something like 'errrrr, actually...'

And I don't think he's giving a low punch. You must remember that Eric is probably Jane's 1.0's biggest fan. And let's call a spade a spade, they're not that good anymore. Simple as that.

kv

#34 Post by kv » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:42 am

hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
I agree.
I think plenty of people have question Perk's decisions with some of the other musicians he's hooked up with.

The untouchable one is Pete.

Although after our Lollapalooza meet-up with the Baltimore crew I mentioned how up his ass some of them were and how much he seemed to feed of their behavior. It was like what I would imagine watching Mike with Perry would be like. My saying is that is what pissed them off and led that NIN59165165 dude to lie about what I said in that park. I also told Pete the same thing. I was surprised how gracious he was in hearing my opinion and said he'd reflect on it. Still, the entire situation was a little off-putting.
a little? ozmic was giving him foot massages for christs sake

Hokahey
Site Admin

#35 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:44 am

kv wrote:a little? ozmic was giving him foot massages for christs sake
:lol:

I guess it freaked me out because Pete comes across as so humble, and then we all meet up and it's like Jesus and his disciples.

Larry B.

#36 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:08 pm

kv wrote: a little? ozmic was giving him foot massages for christs sake
are you fucking kidding me? ACTUAL foot massages?

kv

#37 Post by kv » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:11 pm

there were pics fuck sonny for burning down xiola

Larry B.

#38 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozmic giving Pete foot massages... while probably talking about signs of humility, respect, the chi and transfer of energies, blah blah.

Golden.

Essence_Smith

#39 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:19 pm

kv wrote:a little? ozmic was giving him foot massages for christs sake
That was some funny ass shit right there...I'm sure the pics are floating around somewhere...but Pete gets the pass he does because he's genuine and humble...when I played with him and Cona and got stranded out in CT a few years ago (late at night) and needed a ride back to NY, he actually pulled money out of his pocket and handed it to me for gas...when I'd gotten out of "treatment" and was celebrating my year anniversary of sobriety he reached out, gave me his number and texted me a few times to show his support...not hard to see what seperates him from the rest...so if someone wants to rub his feet, I get it...I did see the fanboy stuff going on around him and it IS kinda funny to see, but that's how people are...

Romeo

#40 Post by Romeo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 pm

but did you rub his feet.
That's the burning question.
:lol:
SR wrote:EA is awesome....by far the best part of the JA legacy, but not perfect.
I agree.

Xizen47

#41 Post by Xizen47 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Artemis wrote:
I agree.

He's taken the high road for the last 20 years,, let him say what he will. His comment is funny, and true.

Look at the shitty song Perry wrote about him, calling him a liar, and saying he's nothing but foreskin :hehe: How could you Not say anything if someone references you as foreskin?

Fire away Eric

Hokahey
Site Admin

#42 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Xizen47 wrote:
Artemis wrote:
I agree.

He's taken the high road for the last 20 years,, let him say what he will. His comment is funny, and true.

Look at the shitty song Perry wrote about him, calling him a liar, and saying he's nothing but foreskin :hehe: How could you Not say anything if someone references you as foreskin?

Fire away Eric
That's a good point. But I'm sure Perry would deny that's about Eric. Plus Eric was taking a shot at guys he's supposedly still friends with (the rest of the band).

Warped

#43 Post by Warped » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:33 pm

I still think it was weak. And agreed with Hoka it goes out to Dave and Stephen too.

ThenSheDid

#44 Post by ThenSheDid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Everyone should keep in mind that Dave and Stephen probably feel similar to the way Eric does. They're just trying to make the best out of it while putting up with Perry's lame ass songs...and taking a paycheck as well..

Hokahey
Site Admin

#45 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:54 pm

ThenSheDid wrote:Everyone should keep in mind that Dave and Stephen probably feel similar to the way Eric does. They're just trying to make the best out of it while putting up with Perry's lame ass songs...and taking a paycheck as well..
Perry's lame ass songs turned in to Just Because and Underground, the best songs on their respective albums

Pandemonium

#46 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:36 pm

I don't think Eric and Stephen are "friends" since Avery left the band again. Remember that interview Perkins did about a year ago? He sounded pretty pissed at Eric for leaving the band just as they were "getting it together to record a new album" (or something to that effect).

tubro

#47 Post by tubro » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Leto wrote:ericavery Eric Avery

wont be there. ive seen them and theyre not that good anymore.RT
@Nayrb_Shannon: @ericavery Can't wait to see you on the 25th in Columbus...

:nutkick: :lol:
i like when these guys have a -snicker- sense of humor in their cunty-ness towards each other, so i'm 100% behind this tweet. perry's fight with six7 was a different kind of cunty-ness. nobody ever looks good after one of them (even though i sort of like how both of them handled their respective side of things). that's the kind of thing that real men would punch each in the face with their fists over, and there's no need for that. just a fucking band, after all. but eric's tweet was hysterical.

i was thinking though...i hope he wouldn't say the same thing about this.

because they were goddamn good that night. and plenty of other times since 91.

Larry B.

#48 Post by Larry B. » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Yeah, remember when Perk's drums didn't sound all bright and compressed, but dark and deep instead? And when he didn't play like a studio musician, but like a wild monkey who wanted to rock those drums as if it were his last time playing?

CaseyContrarian

#49 Post by CaseyContrarian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Larry B. wrote:Yeah, remember when Perk's drums didn't sound all bright and compressed, but dark and deep instead? And when he didn't play like a studio musician, but like a wild monkey who wanted to rock those drums as if it were his last time playing?
DAVE MOTHERFUCKING NAVARRO

Leto

#50 Post by Leto » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:18 pm

tubro wrote:
i like when these guys have a -snicker- sense of humor in their cunty-ness towards each other, so i'm 100% behind this tweet.

I agree :nod:
Nothing but a small virtual poke at his former bandmates. Tweet seemed lighthearted enough. Probably just a quick offhanded opportunity to crack a joke because of the original tweeter's naive but well intentioned post.
tubro wrote:i was thinking though...i hope he wouldn't say the same thing about this.

because they were goddamn good that night. and plenty of other times since 91.
I think Eric is pretty evenhanded most of the time. I bet he would say that was a good performance but he might also add where is the new stuff that is as good as that. By the way, very cool performance. I kind of skipped or missed all Jane's shows after '91, that was a great video of them post-Eric. Although the hair is ridiculous, it reminds me of Weird Al's Amish Paradise.