Perry Vs. Six7Six7 via Twitter

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: Perry Vs. Six7Six7 via Twitter

#126 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 am

creep wrote:
petesballs wrote: people are calling homeboy psycho for those tweets, i think it's actually pretty manly and more people should do it.
but we know him. he was a huge panic channel fan, was a moderator at the panic channel message board, a member of the "druggie hat crew", participated in a panic circle, owns a panic channel hoodie and was an official panic agent.

tough to look past that.
In the TPC vs. Satellite Party decision, i still believe i made the correct choice.

And i think you're just jealous that this community isn't that tight. We had the 30 most active people from the TPC message board meet up in Hollywood for the final show of their tour. We partied at the Rainbow with the band afterward. On Navarro's birthday. With Carmen Electra there.

Are you telling me you wouldn't love it if you got invited to an intimate afterparty with Jane's Addiction and got to get fucked up with everyone here? Keep it in context. Right now the only people Jane's will afford that opportunity is Erik and Mike.

We had alot of fun together. and that's all that matters. I still talk to quite a few of those people too.

Matz

#127 Post by Matz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:56 am

I'd love it, but maybe not at that steep of a price

creep
Site Admin

#128 Post by creep » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:05 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:
petesballs wrote: people are calling homeboy psycho for those tweets, i think it's actually pretty manly and more people should do it.
but we know him. he was a huge panic channel fan, was a moderator at the panic channel message board, a member of the "druggie hat crew", participated in a panic circle, owns a panic channel hoodie and was an official panic agent.

tough to look past that.
In the TPC vs. Satellite Party decision, i still believe i made the correct choice.
really the correct choice was none of the above.

i'm really not interested in meeting bands but i guess that sounds fun even though there were a lot of odd people that were heavily in to tpc. 90% were girls too which tells you something about their music.

JOEinPHX

#129 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:09 am

Had nothing to do with the music. Navarro has a large female fanbase.

Still though, I don't regret any of the fun I had. No matter how silly it was.

Larry B.

#130 Post by Larry B. » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 am

imail724 wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
sinep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
sinep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:i've never had pho.

really need to try it though.
does ohio have vietnamese people?
Ohio is a melting pot like America.
this is what i imagine ohio to be like:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oddly mesmerizing. Where the fuck is that even from?
You're going to wish you never asked:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0&ob=av3e
:lol: I was SURE it had to be from that video, but I was afraid to look it up. What a mess.

Thank you for tonight's nightmares :wave:

sinep

#131 Post by sinep » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 pm

creep wrote:

tough to look past that.
is there anyway to put that description under "six7six7's" name on the left side of the screen? like right where it says "admin" under "creep"

farrellgirl99

#132 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:55 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

tough to look past that.
really the correct choice was none of the above.

i'm really not interested in meeting bands but i guess that sounds fun even though there were a lot of odd people that were heavily in to tpc. 90% were girls too which tells you something about their music.
as a girl who listens to good music, i resent this. tpc was the worst shit ever.

Artemis

#133 Post by Artemis » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
creep wrote:

tough to look past that.

And i think you're just jealous that this community isn't that tight. We had the 30 most active people from the TPC message board meet up in Hollywood for the final show of their tour. We partied at the Rainbow with the band afterward. On Navarro's birthday. With Carmen Electra there.

Are you telling me you wouldn't love it if you got invited to an intimate afterparty with Jane's Addiction and got to get fucked up with everyone here? Keep it in context. Right now the only people Jane's will afford that opportunity is Erik and Mike.

We had alot of fun together. and that's all that matters. I still talk to quite a few of those people too.
yeah, that is pretty cool. if i had known that i may have considered to become a Panic Chanel Agent for the Canadian division. :lol:
seriously though, it does sound like a lot of fun and if you made some lasting friendships on top of it that's even cooler. :thumb:

SR

#134 Post by SR » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: In the TPC vs. Satellite Party decision, i still believe i made the correct choice.

I, for one, would not even like to be invited to a party like that. :bored:

As for the "decision" ..... I'm confused on that.

JOEinPHX

#135 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:06 pm

SR wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote: In the TPC vs. Satellite Party decision, i still believe i made the correct choice.

Well obviously there were 4 groups when Jane's split:

1. The people who took Dave/Perk/Chaney's side and supported TPC
2. The people who took Perry/Etty's side and supported Satellite Party
3. The people who didn't choose a side and listened to both
4. The people who hated both.

By and large, the people from Xiola/ANR/PF.net fell into the first 2 groups. And that's the decision i am talking about. With a line drawn in the sand, i felt TPC was going to be the stronger of the 2, and I still feel it was the right way to go. They weren't better by much musically, but they were better all-around for the fans. They were nicer to their fans, they engaged them with radio shows and free downloads and giveaways. They created a close-knit community. They did podcasts and videos. They had contests. They organized meet ups in every city they visited. They could all be reached via instant messenger and gladly talked with everyone and answered questions.

I don't think Perry even had a website. His idea of getting close to "fans" was allowing SP to be the guest on morning radio shows where he'd give away a free set of tickets to the first caller.

Plus, they made me an Administrator of their message board (not a lowly moderator). So obviously that helps my bias alot. haha

creep
Site Admin

#136 Post by creep » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
SR wrote:

By and large, the people from Xiola/ANR/PF.net fell into the first 2 groups. And that's the decision i am talking about. With a line drawn in the sand, i felt TPC was going to be the stronger of the 2, and I still feel it was the right way to go. They weren't better by much musically, but they were better all-around for the fans. They were nicer to their fans, they engaged them with radio shows and free downloads and giveaways. They created a close-knit community. They did podcasts and videos. They had contests. They organized meet ups in every city they visited. They could all be reached via instant messenger and gladly talked with everyone and answered questions.

I don't think Perry even had a website. His idea of getting close to "fans" was allowing SP to be the guest on morning radio shows where he'd give away a free set of tickets to the first caller.

Plus, they made me an Administrator of their message board (not a lowly moderator). So obviously that helps my bias alot. haha
perry had flash mobs, played in someone's backyard and did dumb shit like that too. tpc had the advantage of having a lead singer that knew a lot about web stuff.

JOEinPHX

#137 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:12 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
SR wrote:

perry had flash mobs, played in someone's backyard and did dumb shit like that too. tpc had the advantage of having a lead singer that knew a lot about web stuff.
I know, it probably gave TPC a leg up in that regard.

Things may have been different if Perry was a millionaire and could pay someone to set stuff like that up for him.

Pandemonium

#138 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: Well obviously there were 4 groups when Jane's split:

I half heartedly started at #3 and quickly fell solidly into #4.

T.B.

Larry B.

#139 Post by Larry B. » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote: Well obviously there were 4 groups when Jane's split:

I half heartedly started at #3 and quickly fell solidly into #4.

T.B.
I gave #1 a chance and after 26 seconds I joined Mr. T.B. here. A little saddened, I visited #2 and after a couple of nano-moments I sat comfortably in group 5: those who pointed and laughed at both.

Matz

#140 Post by Matz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 pm

I actually bought both albums back in the day, which I'm not that proud of today. I'm not a fan of either band. But if I had to choose which one I like the most SP wins by a mile. Because it does feature one of my favorite singers and it doesn't feature one of my least favorite singers Steve Isaacs

clickie

#141 Post by clickie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:18 pm

this is when aintnoright jumped the shark.

Leto

#142 Post by Leto » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 pm

clickie wrote:this is when aintnoright jumped the shark.
Nah, these are just growing pains. We haven't even finished the arc of the first season yet.

Artemis

#143 Post by Artemis » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Pandemonium

#144 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:16 am

ANR jumps the shark when Janes invites Hoka and Creep to shows, complete w/backstage priviledges, hookers and blow, they come back on here in full tilt Mike-mode demanding everyone post nothing but complementary shit about the band and Etty.

That'll be Great White jumpin' time.

Leto

#145 Post by Leto » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:28 am

Pandemonium wrote:
ANR jumps the shark when Janes invites Hoka and Creep to shows, complete w/backstage priviledges, hookers and blow, they come back on here in full tilt Mike-mode demanding everyone post nothing but complementary shit about the band and Etty.

Nice. Fonzi would be proud. :nod:

Bandit72

#146 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:46 am

Is this thread STILL going?

creep
Site Admin

#147 Post by creep » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:39 am

Pandemonium wrote:

i can't wait for that! at that moment this place will become a perryetty site!!

i also hope history repeats itself and someone offers way too much money for this place. can't wait to sell it!

kv

#148 Post by kv » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:17 am

Pandemonium wrote:

or when creep starts deleting posts...opps

Hokahey
Site Admin

#149 Post by Hokahey » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 am

Pandemonium wrote:

ANR jumped the shark in 2004 when I was the OG Mike. Then I sold the whole program and now we've rebooted the series all these years later sans sharks.

Mike is a terrible direct to home video sequel.

JOEinPHX

#150 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Mike is a bootleg VHS of the original series that was purchased off ebay because the original company went out of business and hasn't put it out on DVD