Perry Vs. Six7Six7 via Twitter

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Deconstruction

Re: Perry Vs. Six7Six7 via Twitter

#151 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 am

Bandit72 wrote:Is this thread STILL going?
It's The Irresistible Thread.

Desri

#152 Post by Desri » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 am

kv wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
clickie wrote:this is when aintnoright jumped the shark.
ANR jumps the shark when Janes invites Hoka and Creep to shows, complete w/backstage priviledges, hookers and blow, they come back on here in full tilt Mike-mode demanding everyone post nothing but complementary shit about the band and Etty.

That'll be Great White jumpin' time.
or when creep starts deleting posts...opps
:nod:

Desri

#153 Post by Desri » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 am

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
SR wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote: In the TPC vs. Satellite Party decision, i still believe i made the correct choice.

And i think you're just jealous that this community isn't that tight. We had the 30 most active people from the TPC message board meet up in Hollywood for the final show of their tour. We partied at the Rainbow with the band afterward. On Navarro's birthday. With Carmen Electra there.

Are you telling me you wouldn't love it if you got invited to an intimate afterparty with Jane's Addiction and got to get fucked up with everyone here? Keep it in context. Right now the only people Jane's will afford that opportunity is Erik and Mike.

We had alot of fun together. and that's all that matters. I still talk to quite a few of those people too.

As for the "decision" ..... I'm confused on that.
Well obviously there were 4 groups when Jane's split:

1. The people who took Dave/Perk/Chaney's side and supported TPC
2. The people who took Perry/Etty's side and supported Satellite Party
3. The people who didn't choose a side and listened to both
4. The people who hated both.

By and large, the people from Xiola/ANR/PF.net fell into the first 2 groups. And that's the decision i am talking about. With a line drawn in the sand, i felt TPC was going to be the stronger of the 2, and I still feel it was the right way to go. They weren't better by much musically, but they were better all-around for the fans. They were nicer to their fans, they engaged them with radio shows and free downloads and giveaways. They created a close-knit community. They did podcasts and videos. They had contests. They organized meet ups in every city they visited. They could all be reached via instant messenger and gladly talked with everyone and answered questions.

I don't think Perry even had a website. His idea of getting close to "fans" was allowing SP to be the guest on morning radio shows where he'd give away a free set of tickets to the first caller.

Plus, they made me an Administrator of their message board (not a lowly moderator). So obviously that helps my bias alot. haha
perry had flash mobs, played in someone's backyard and did dumb shit like that too. tpc had the advantage of having a lead singer that knew a lot about web stuff.
It's a misnomer to attribute the advantage to knowledge of technology/Social media. Perry, whilst well intentioned, seems to have genuine difficulty connecting with his fan base in a relevant way. He always seems awkward.

chaos

#154 Post by chaos » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Perry must have designated 2/10 as the day for feisty twitter exchanges. :lol:

http://www.spinner.com/2012/02/13/perry ... neup-leak/
Lollapalooza founder and Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell is fed up with people concocting rumours about the lineup for this year's festival.

On Friday, Farrell got into a testy exchange on Twitter with a person named "LollaLeaks," an "anonymous Lollapalooza insider" who earlier that day tweeted: "I'm doing a headliner at 10:00 tonight. I'll be releasing a few more acts throughout the day."

Farrell replied: "I am a lonely lier."

When another fan asked Farrell how to explain somebody like "LollaLeaks," the musician tweeted: "How do U explain sex offenders?"

The pointed barb got the attention of "LollaLeaks," who tweeted: "I think comparing me to sex offenders is a little steep."

From there, "LollaLeaks" threatened to release "all of the headliners" for Lollapalooza which Farrell again replied to with: "You must have a small penis." He then asked "LollaLeaks" to move on to other matters and predict the winners at the Grammy Awards. The musician later tweeted that the insider should seek a "Dr. for the brains."

On Sunday night, Farrell again dismissed any possible lineup "LollaLeaks" was reporting. "NO! Folks, Lolla line up has not been finalized," he tweeted. "He's a fraud."

Lollapalooza's official site says that the lineup and ticket information will be released this spring. The festival is slated for Chicago's Grant Park Aug. 3-5. Last year's lineup featured Foo Fighters, Eminem, Coldplay and Muse, among others.

Meanwhile, a Brazilian version of Lollapalooza is set for Sao Paulo April 7-8 with Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and Jane's Addiction as the main headliners alongside other acts like Skrillex and Cage the Elephant. A Lollapalooza is also confirmed for Santiago, Chile March 31-April 1 with Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and Bjork headlining.

With so much going on in the Lolla world, it's a wonder Farrell even has time to call out this Twitter-happy "Lollaleaks" character.

Larry B.

#155 Post by Larry B. » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:17 pm

:lol: :lol:

That guy is a mental case. Mental case.

JOEinPHX

#156 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:27 am

Wow. More small penis jokes.

Perry Farrell is the one who might need a Dr. for the brains.

Larry B.

#157 Post by Larry B. » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:02 am

And also... has he forgotten that his pics from Hawaii '91 are on the Internet? I believe if you search for 'perry farrell naked' you'll find a pic of his pretty smallish love bump. If you're gonna make small penis jokes, I'd suggest having at least 4.5 inches, which doesn't seem to be Perry's case.

creep
Site Admin

#158 Post by creep » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:54 am

Larry B. wrote:And also... has he forgotten that his pics from Hawaii '91 are on the Internet? I believe if you search for 'perry farrell naked' you'll find a pic of his pretty smallish love bump. If you're gonna make small penis jokes, I'd suggest having at least 4.5 inches, which doesn't seem to be Perry's case.
you always talk about how small perry's dick is. it's sort of weird. did you expect him to have a boner when he was naked? it looked normal to me. ok...i'm now weird because i discussed his dick too.

Larry B.

#159 Post by Larry B. » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:01 am

creep wrote:
Larry B. wrote:And also... has he forgotten that his pics from Hawaii '91 are on the Internet? I believe if you search for 'perry farrell naked' you'll find a pic of his pretty smallish love bump. If you're gonna make small penis jokes, I'd suggest having at least 4.5 inches, which doesn't seem to be Perry's case.
you always talk about how small perry's dick is. it's sort of weird. did you expect him to have a boner when he was naked? it looked normal to me. ok...i'm now weird because i discussed his dick too.
:lol:

But I'm not talking about his dick just to have a discussion topic... I mention it because HE is always talking about how small other people's penises are, and it's not like he's packing a bazooka. .25 is quite accurate.

blackula

#160 Post by blackula » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:12 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Wow. More small penis jokes.

Perry Farrell is the one who might need a Dr. for the brains.
Is this a not so clever "lollaleak" that Bad Brains are playing lolla? Talk about a singer who is a shell of his former self.

kc

#161 Post by kc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 am

Perry's rather embarrasing twitter-wars only remind me of a quote by Noel_Gallagher [on his brother Liam] „He's like a man with a fork in a world of soup”.
Same could be said about Perry.

Artemis

#162 Post by Artemis » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:25 am

kc wrote:Noel_Gallagher [on his brother Liam] „He's like a man with a fork in a world of soup”.
:lolol: love that! i'm going to steal that quote.

hey stranger! :wave:

tubro

#163 Post by tubro » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 am

Larry B. wrote:
creep wrote:
:lol:

But I'm not talking about his dick just to have a discussion topic... I mention it because HE is always talking about how small other people's penises are, and it's not like he's packing a bazooka. .25 is quite accurate.
re the previous question of when and whether ANR jumped the shark, i nominate this thread if it leads to a full out war on the merits of perry's penis. :tiphat:

but seriously, on this one, perry's a fucking tool. whether or not the dude he was feuding with actually has the goods to leak the lolla lineup, it is an absolute certainty that most of the slots are filled or very close to being filled. all summer tours are being routed now or have been routed already. its just the way the business works. some slots are still to be filled in of course and some headliners or near headliners are probably not entirely signed yet but guaranteed the bookers and organizers have a pretty good idea what the festival lineup will look like at this point.

Juana

#164 Post by Juana » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 pm

It would make sense as Bad Brains have a bunch of stuff going on for SXSW but I doubt they would be headlining because HR is a shell of himself. Which is sad because Darryl is one of the coolest and nicest people ever. I can not wait until next month for all the stuff they will be doing along with the couple secret shows that are in the works in Austin. Should be fun.

kc

#165 Post by kc » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:26 am

Artemis wrote:
:lolol: love that! i'm going to steal that quote.

hey stranger! :wave:
Hey there, Miss! :wave:

blackula

#166 Post by blackula » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 am

Juana wrote:It would make sense as Bad Brains have a bunch of stuff going on for SXSW but I doubt they would be headlining because HR is a shell of himself. Which is sad because Darryl is one of the coolest and nicest people ever. I can not wait until next month for all the stuff they will be doing along with the couple secret shows that are in the works in Austin. Should be fun.
Yeah, they just announced two NY shows. 1 with RZA the other with H2O and Scream. I'm thinking about going to one, but HR was so fucking bad the last time I saw them. They were still Soul Brains, HR stood there and whispered the lyrics to Sailing on and Attitude and then just stood there giving the peace sign, smiling, and doing NO vocals for the majority of the set. He sat on the drum riser for a few as well. I've seen a few clips of them after Build A Nation came out and he seemed better, but I don't know if I can waste money on a shitty show.

Pure Method

#167 Post by Pure Method » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:57 am

What's the deal with HR? I can't imagine his singing style really leant itself to longevity...