Perry Vs. Six7Six7 via Twitter

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Jasper

Re: Perry Vs. Six7Six7 via Twitter

#51 Post by Jasper » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Meh.

I could get into the circumstances behind it but i'm not going to give it any more attention than it's already gotten.
That's just going to make it go on and on. You need to come clean or this will never end. We'll invite Trevor and tell him that it started with you talking shit to Perry about his remix.

JOEinPHX

#52 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I'm confused. Wasn't 6767 Joe going on about how it would be fucked up to personally attack someone like Perry on a more public forum like Facebook or Twitter vs making cracks about (Perry/Etty) here on the board? Even if not, that's pretty weird and stalkerish behavior.
ok fuck it. i'm just going to say what happened.

i typically don't even follow Perry on twitter. I'll usually do so for a few weeks when there is news about what's going on with the band, because largely he doesn't do anything but RT everyone kissing his ass, and i get annoyed watching my feed turn into Perry Farrell's greatest ass-kissing. So he gets unfollowed.

I happened to be following him in the last few weeks to see what was going on with the tour, and he sent out some dumbshit post calling Chuck Norris a pussy. I thought it was kind of shitty to just randomly slag on another celebrity for no reason, so i sent him a tweet that said "it could be worse. he could have spent 15 years letting his wife ruin his live performances".

He snipped it and replied, something about "where are you going with my dick in your mouth?". i had 3-4 good burns i typed based on that and then decided not to send, everything from "back to 1991 where you're relevant" to straight up calling him on what seemed to be some sort of homophobic remark.

Then his fans start sending me messages about what a terrible person i am and how Etty is such a delightful woman and challenged just what I actually even knew about her. But ok, whatever. And some guy called her Eddy and I appropriately made a Van Halen joke.

Rather than get into some sort of pissing match with them, and Perry, I just owned up to the fact that it was mean spirited, fueled by alcohol, and I apologized to him. Without even mentioning that my mean-spirited comment was in reply to Perry's mean-spirited initial statement. After doing so, then Perry made a bunch more comments about his penis, something about me not being able to get girls, and something about ejaculation. then he said "U R my enemy", which i had a good chuckle about.

I unfollowed him at that point because he seemed kind of obsessed with telling everyone and their brother about me and his penis.

Was it in good taste to have sent off my original comment? Absolutely not. Am I proud of pissing the guy off? Not at all. I don't know why I felt the need to stand up for Chuck Norris, because I could really give a shit either way. The thing is, it could have been really entertaining to keep burning him for all his negativity, but I felt it would have just ended up being unnecessarily hurtful. I didn't want to hurt the guy, I just wanted to burn him for burning someone else.

Instead I chose to just let him say whatever he wanted so it would end, making no further comments in his direction.

It did remind me of sonny's interview with Eric though, where he said Perry lives in a bubble and no one is allowed to bring him bad news. Kiss his ass and he'll retweet it all 50 times. Tell him his wife sucks at dancing and he'll resort to childish homophobic dick jokes. Lesson learned. :noclue:
Last edited by JOEinPHX on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bandit72

#53 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Jasper wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Meh.

I could get into the circumstances behind it but i'm not going to give it any more attention than it's already gotten.
That's just going to make it go on and on. You need to come clean or this will never end. We'll invite Trevor and tell him that it started with you talking shit to Perry about his remix.
:lol:

Anyone know if unhandsome Mike has started the yearly thread on this in his forum?

Deconstruction

#54 Post by Deconstruction » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:03 pm

You should have gone at it with him when he sent that. Would have been more entertaining.

JOEinPHX

#55 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Anyway, I already apologized to Perry. So now I would like to offer up an apology to all of you.

I don't want to bring any negativity to this board. Or create any sort of drama. We all like to pick on people and things and each other, but I stepped out of line in saying something to someone who could reflect badly on this place as a whole. And i'm sorry about that.

I should have just followed my own advice and chosen not to say anything negative to the band members directly. It was a poor decision and it won't be happening in the future.

crater

#56 Post by crater » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: he sent out some dumbshit post calling Chuck Norris a pussy.
I'm not sure Chuck is a pussy, but he is a fucking moron, because that dumb ass thinks the entire Universe is approximately 10,000 years old.

So I would have given Perry a pass for shitting on Chuck.

Bandit72

#57 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:15 pm

crater wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote: he sent out some dumbshit post calling Chuck Norris a pussy.
I'm not sure Chuck is a pussy, but he is a fucking moron, because that dumb ass thinks the entire Universe is approximately 10,000 years old.

So I would have given Perry a pass for shitting on Chuck.
10,000 years old? Lol. Which clowns educated him?

And six7six7, fair play for your apology. I imagine everyone on here has said things they shouldn't have when drunk. I guess we learn from our mistakes.

Japhy

#58 Post by Japhy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Anyway, I already apologized to Perry. So now I would like to offer up an apology to all of you.
Fair enough if that's what you want to do, but you don't need to apologise to me pal - it's lads like you that keep this board alive and give me reason to come here. So you had a beer and snapped at a fallen hero... millions have done it. You clearly feel shit, so you don't need me judging you.

Romeo

#59 Post by Romeo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:25 pm

LJF wrote:
creep wrote:6767 has now gone into hiding.

witness protection. There is movie in the works starting Ray Liotta as 6767.
"As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ANR poster....To me posting at ANR was better than being President of the United States of America...."

ok true story, my friend Louis lived in the last house Henry Hill lived in before going into Witness Protection. Where he was busted for drugs by the NCPD. 19 St. Mark Place in Rockville Centre. His landlord Sandy bought it from the Feds after it was seized. Scorsese wanted to use the real house for exterior shots but she said no because it was bad enough all the students from Nassau Community college used to come ringing the door bell after reading "Wiseguys" for criminal justice classes, she didn't want the extra publicity. Ok my little piece of Goodfellas trivia for the day....carry on....

Hokahey
Site Admin

#60 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:I don't know why I felt the need to stand up for Chuck Norris
Ok, I'm dying laughing here.

The fact that this was all over Chuck Norris is just gold. It really is.

Pandemonium

#61 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Anyway, I already apologized to Perry. So now I would like to offer up an apology to all of you.

I don't want to bring any negativity to this board. Or create any sort of drama. We all like to pick on people and things and each other, but I stepped out of line in saying something to someone who could reflect badly on this place as a whole. And i'm sorry about that.

I should have just followed my own advice and chosen not to say anything negative to the band members directly. It was a poor decision and it won't be happening in the future.
I don't think you owe "us" the board or even Perry or his goof of a wife an apology. Perry puts himself out there for this sorta thing and has no problem playing on the same juvenile level. I think most people like myself are kind of the mindset of "why directly engage and insult these people for no good reason?"

Warped

#62 Post by Warped » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:35 pm

:wave:

chaos

#63 Post by chaos » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Larry B.

#64 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:43 pm

hokahey wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank Chuck I wasn't the only one laughing at that. Fucking awesome.

JOEinPHX

#65 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 pm

hokahey wrote:

I wish it was about something that actually mattered so I could be a little less embarrassed here.

Juana

#66 Post by Juana » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:58 pm

This is pretty awesome and yeah it would have been funny to throw those barbs back at him but in the end its just words on a screen, so I have said shit I didn't mean when drunk been banned from a few facebook pages and this that and the other. The biggest issue is Perry thinks he shits gold and he can not hear anything otherwise. He has made some great art but he's just like any other aging celeb that hasn't done anything great in the last 15-16 years and can not laugh at himself.

JOEinPHX

#67 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:01 pm

I don't want this thread to digress into slagging on Perry. Because I don't feel my actions were acceptable, so therefore I don't want anyone justifying it in any way.

I just wanted to set the record straight. I was kind of hoping i would wake up today and no one would have even noticed.

Larry B.

#68 Post by Larry B. » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Chuck Norris would be very proud of you, Six7.

Juana

#69 Post by Juana » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm not slagging the guy, to be honest HE should have taken the high road and not replied. I'm not saying your comments were justified in anyway but to be fair he has been on these boards and probably still comes to them, he knew what he was doing. To hold back like you did after that is more impressive.

But personally after doing similar shit all I do is read email, youtube or come to this board if I have been drinking.

Bandit72

#70 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:I was kind of hoping i would wake up today and no one would have even noticed.
As a matter of interest, were you hungover this morning?

Juana

#71 Post by Juana » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:I was kind of hoping i would wake up today and no one would have even noticed.
If you were drink Pedialyte before going to sleep it will do wonders for you. I haven't had a hangover since 2001

JOEinPHX

#72 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
Nope. I stayed awake till i was properly hydrated.

Plus i was drinking vodka, and that stuff is the one liquor that doesn't give me hangovers.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#73 Post by Hokahey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:

I wish it was about something that actually mattered so I could be a little less embarrassed here.
I think you're being too hard on yourself. We go at each other harder than that sometimes, and I'd buy anyone here a drink. Hell, Smokestack and I had some pretty terse flame wars back in the day yet the guy called me out at a Jane's show in KC and insisted he buy me a beer. Perry needs to lighten up. It's the internet. People shoot off at the mouth. He should have thicker skin. You could (and have :lol: ) said much worse.

Matz

#74 Post by Matz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Jasper

#75 Post by Jasper » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Matz wrote:
:lol: So on top of being Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris is Clint Eastwood?
Juana wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:
If you were drink Pedialyte before going to sleep it will do wonders for you. I haven't had a hangover since 2001
You're still pretty young, right? I wouldn't write off hangovers just yet. They'll come calling for you.

So, what's in pedialyte that's so amazing? I mean besides water, potassium, and sodium. B vitamins? C? Because that stuff combined has surely never saved me from mammoth hangovers. If there's a science to this, I'd like to know about it.