What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Warped

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4676 Post by Warped » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Wow Larry, so sorry to hear that.....

Pls let us know how this goes on, all the best and more than positive thoughts and a big hug mate.

Matz

#4677 Post by Matz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:35 pm

fell for a scam email like some senior citizen who's checking his email for the first time in his life! :banghead: fuck, I'm retarded. Looks like I got off relatively easy, I only caught some malware. It could have easily been ransom ware with this particular email I found out later.

Larry B.

#4678 Post by Larry B. » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:45 am

Thank you all for your best wishes. Yesterday was quite shitty for her, as they spend the day doing tests, one more invasive than the other... but apparently, they were useful. At least now they're working with a couple of diagnosis: one vein that looks a bit too consticted (which can be treated with pills, for one month) and a possible secondary hypertension, which they explained is when you have normal blood pressure but can have huge peaks, sometimes for no apparent reason. That's what she's had for years now, but nobody had wanted to give her the 'hypertension' diagnosis, most likely due to her young age.

Those two diagnosis would explain everything that happened. So I guess that's good.

She was in good spirits when the day came to an end, but she's really tired, can't get any sleep (which, in turn, gives her headaches), but at least all the morphine is improving her quality of life...

Today she should be in absolute rest (due to one of the more invasive tests from yesterday), and she should be leaving the Intermediate Care area of the clinic probably tomorrow or the day after, and we might be going back home on Monday.

Her original symptoms (a bit of numbness on the face) aren't getting better nor worse, which in a way is good. They double-checked and there's no active bleeding right now, and within 6 months her sensation on the face should go back to normal. If it doesn't, then we must assume it never will.

Anyway, thanks again to all for your good wishes, it really meant a lot reading you. The diagnosis was good news, we'll see how this goes.

wally

#4679 Post by wally » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Larry, I'm just reading this now, really sorry to hear.
I know how stressful going through this type of stuff can be.
Glad to hear it's not worse.
Take care bud!

Matz

#4680 Post by Matz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Matz wrote:fell for a scam email like some senior citizen who's checking his email for the first time in his life! :banghead: fuck, I'm retarded. Looks like I got off relatively easy, I only caught some malware. It could have easily been ransom ware with this particular email I found out later.
It fuckin was ransomware! I'm off to Eastern Europe to find those, psychopathic mother fuckers....

Artemis

#4681 Post by Artemis » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Matz wrote:
Matz wrote:fell for a scam email like some senior citizen who's checking his email for the first time in his life! :banghead: fuck, I'm retarded. Looks like I got off relatively easy, I only caught some malware. It could have easily been ransom ware with this particular email I found out later.
It fuckin was ransomware! I'm off to Eastern Europe to find those, psychopathic mother fuckers....
That sucks! What happens? They lock your computer and demand money to unlock??

Matz

#4682 Post by Matz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:04 pm

No, it's not quite that bad because they want you to have access to a computer, I suppose, so you can contact them and pay em. What happened was that I woke up and found all the documents and lots of other stuff like pictures encrypted, so there was no way I could open them. In every folder they leave a "This is how you get your documents back" message. So if you have something really important or dear to you you have to pay maybe a 1000 bucks or something for them to open things back up. My external drive was hit too by the way.

But thankfully it happened to my music production computer, that ironically is almost never used for internet, and there wasn't anything super important on it document wise that I don't have on other computers. So all it is is about a 50 hours or so to install everything after I formatted my computer earlier today. Which sucks of course. But it could be worse.

Like I said, I kind of deserve it because I missed about five huge red flags or so. They pretended to be from the postal service, and I get package notifications in my email 3 times a week or so, so I just clicked it, not noticing it said "message from" and stuff like that. It also had instructions to download a file and print it "so you can get your package".Nooooooooooooo!! I never saw a threat coming from "them" so I guess that was part of it too.....A few of the words in the email from them were in Swedish too by the way...oh, that's fine, no problem.. :lol: Shit, not one of my better days, and I was dead sober too, if anyone can believe that

They', and others, are not fooling me again, that's the good news

Artemis

#4683 Post by Artemis » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:32 pm

Glad it's not so serious, Matz. It's annoying but we are all sometimes a little careless.

creep
Site Admin

#4684 Post by creep » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Matz wrote:
Like I said, I kind of deserve it because I missed about five huge red flags or so. They pretended to be from the postal service, and I get package notifications in my email 3 times a week or so, so I just clicked it, not noticing it said "message from" and stuff like that. It also had instructions to download a file and print it "so you can get your package".Nooooooooooooo!! I never saw a threat coming from "them" so I guess that was part of it too.....A few of the words in the email from them were in Swedish too by the way...oh, that's fine, no problem.. :lol: Shit, not one of my better days, and I was dead sober too, if anyone can believe that
I will introduce myself. My name is creep and I am working in a bank in the United States. Until now I am the account officer to most of the government accounts and I have since discovered that most of the account are dormant account with a lot of money in the account on further investigation I found out that one particular account belong to the former president of south Korean MR PARK CHUNG HEE,who ruled south Korean from 1963-1979 and this particular account has a deposit of $48m with no next of kin.

My proposal is that since I am the account officer and the money or the account is dormant and there is no next of kin obviously the account owner the former president of South Korea has died long time ago, that you should provide an account for the money to be transferred.

The money that is floating in the bank right now is $48m and this is what I want to transfer to your account for our mutual benefit.

Please if this is okay by you I will advice that you contact me through private message.

Please this transaction should be kept confidential. For your assistance as the account owner we shall share the money on equal basis.

Your reply will be appreciated,

Thank you.

creep

Larry B.

#4685 Post by Larry B. » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:28 am

My wife has now been released from the clinic, and she's doing quite alright. Just getting tired easily, partly because of the meds and partly because she spent around five days without any sort of phisical activity, including 24 hours when she had to be strictly lying down and couldn't get out of bed (after a particilarly invasive test.)

She has recovered a tiny bit of sensation in her right cheek, which is a good sign. She'll have to take some medication for a month, and then she'll have to undergo a few tests to see if she's going to have to be treated for secondary hypertension.

All things considered, she was a bit lucky. You never know and this might be an oversimplification, but had the bleeding lasted just one second more, or had the blood landed a couple of milimiters to the left, and no-one knows what the symptoms or consequences might've been - from permanent slurred speech to an inability to remain on her feet.

Now she has to take things easy for around a week, and then just carry on as normal. We'll also be keeping a journal of her blood pressure... and that's about it. Not much else we can do.

Again, thank you all for your messages... they kept me in good company in the middle of dozens of family and friends, each with their own personal stupidities and quirks and things that I had to fucking bare with with half a smile on my face.

SR

#4686 Post by SR » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:43 am

Really good to hear.....what's the follow up schedule like?

chaos

#4687 Post by chaos » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:05 am

Great news Larry. I'm sure it has been scary/stressful for both of you.

Artemis

#4688 Post by Artemis » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:26 am

Thanks for the update, Larry. Sounds like your wife is doing well. :thumb:

Warped

#4689 Post by Warped » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Sounds good Larry, all the best for you and your wife. :gh:

Larry B.

#4690 Post by Larry B. » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Thank you, thank you!
SR wrote:Really good to hear.....what's the follow up schedule like?
For the moment, a bunch of medicines are forbidden, particularly most of the things that helped her dealing with her migraines. She's taking a vasodilator for a month, trying to deal with an artery that's slightly over-compressed inside her head (and reaaaally slightly compressed, this is mostly just a precaution) and also trying to keep her with an stable, low blood pressure.

In about 10 days she'll go to get another MRI, I think, and the neurologist will derive her to a cardiologist to schedule a couple of tests related to her blood pressure.

After that month, the BP tests will get done and we'll take it from there.

BP journal starting today, which we expect to be normal because of the vasodilator.

That's pretty much it for now.

SR

#4691 Post by SR » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:53 pm

Sounds comprehensive. :rockon:

Continued best!

Pandemonium

#4692 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:27 pm

I busted the entire exposed, top half of one of my teeth off on a piece of fuckin' Bazooka Bubblegum yesterday.

I had just popped the gum in my mouth and started to chew when I heard this >crack< and felt something come loose from my upper back jaw area in my mouth. Pulled out the gum and what I initially thought was a crown that popped loose was stuck in it. No pain other then a dull ache. Fortunately, one of our best friends is also our long time dentist so she made room in her schedule to see me this afternoon. UN-fortunately, after a quick x-ray, she tells me that the tooth that had the root canal/crown was the one *behind* this tooth - this was an actual tooth that broke cleanly off at the gum line. She did a quicky temp (it looks like someone squeezed cement to fill the gap) on the exposed remainder of the tooth and it's far back enough that it can't be seen but I'll need a full on root canal and crown in a few weeks which sucks and is gonna cost a few grand even with my insurance.

creep
Site Admin

#4693 Post by creep » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I busted the entire exposed, top half of one of my teeth off on a piece of fuckin' Bazooka Bubblegum yesterday.

I had just popped the gum in my mouth and started to chew when I heard this >crack< and felt something come loose from my upper back jaw area in my mouth. Pulled out the gum and what I initially thought was a crown that popped loose was stuck in it. No pain other then a dull ache. Fortunately, one of our best friends is also our long time dentist so she made room in her schedule to see me this afternoon. UN-fortunately, after a quick x-ray, she tells me that the tooth that had the root canal/crown was the one *behind* this tooth - this was an actual tooth that broke cleanly off at the gum line. She did a quicky temp (it looks like someone squeezed cement to fill the gap) on the exposed remainder of the tooth and it's far back enough that it can't be seen but I'll need a full on root canal and crown in a few weeks which sucks and is gonna cost a few grand even with my insurance.
fuck that...

i still have my wisdom teeth and i cracked the one next to a wisdom tooth. i have had a few root canals and crowns and i knew i was in for another. i decided to just have the tooth pulled along with a the wisdom tooth. best decision ever. $200 to pull the teeth instead of $2500 for a crown. i don't miss those teeth at all and you can't see they are gone.

chaos

#4694 Post by chaos » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:18 am

I've been out shoveling - twice so far. Image

and

Breakingnews.com is shutting down at the end of the year. I always look at it on my phone. I'm hooked; withdrawal is going to be rough. :sad:

nausearockpig

#4695 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:51 pm

I can't find my glue stick

Matz

#4696 Post by Matz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:13 pm

took a ride out to the coast today and brought back some seaweed.....looked so good and exotic and it's so good for you so I thought I'd try and cook it....big mistake.. It didn't smell like much before I boiled it but after... :yikes: :jasper: I didn't even taste it. I'd rather not enjoy the health benefits from this stuff and die a few months earlier than take one bite.

on a similar note I think I'll try and dive in the ocean next week, could be really cool to call myself a winter swimmer

Hype

#4697 Post by Hype » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Matz, don't you Danishes get something like this in your supermarkets:

?

I wouldn't eat something I just found in the ocean without being sure I knew it was safe... :confused:

Matz

#4698 Post by Matz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:26 pm

oh, I checked beforehand, don't worry. Turns out we have about 350 kinds of seaweed in the oceans around us and none of them are poisoneous. I can only find one kind at my local beach though, and like I said its disgusting when cooked so I never had a bite.

I haven't stumbled upon the bag of seaweed you mention. I think you'd need to go to a pretty high end super market to find something like that.

nausearockpig

#4699 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:29 pm

when there's more than one lane of traffic going in one direction, and when rounding a curve, the person next to you cuts across the line into your lane...

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T PEOPLE STAY BETWEEN THE LINES???? Makes me want to carry some of those Adult Colouring Books with "STAY BETWEEN THE FUCKING LINES YOU CUNT" scrawled in crazy looking writing in black marker, and throw it at them...

Hype

#4700 Post by Hype » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Matz wrote:oh, I checked beforehand, don't worry. Turns out we have about 350 kinds of seaweed in the oceans around us and none of them are poisoneous. I can only find one kind at my local beach though, and like I said its disgusting when cooked so I never had a bite.

I haven't stumbled upon the bag of seaweed you mention. I think you'd need to go to a pretty high end super market to find something like that.
They even sell them in the discount markets here now, but we have pretty large south-Asian (esp. Korean) populations, and hipsters seem to like them... I'm obsessed with them... wasabi flavoured, spicy, garlic, whatever... amazing.. and cheap....