A very Weiland-y X-mas

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
leviticus

A very Weiland-y X-mas

#1 Post by leviticus » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:53 am

So, Scott Weiland's Christmas Album huh? Classy. Found it on Spotify. The majority of the songs sounds like he's singing in a puddle of his own vomit.

Turncoat

Re: A very Weiland-y X-mas

#2 Post by Turncoat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:56 am

Please... post samples... :lol:

leviticus

#3 Post by leviticus » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:19 am

not sure how to off Spotify.

Kajicat

#4 Post by Kajicat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:08 am

Is this a joke?! The cover art is absurd :lol: I love STP and I'll admit to owning both VR albums...but I can't imagine Scott releasing a good Christmas album these days. Maybe back in the Purple/Tiny Music era...but not now when his voice is usually so strained.

Hopefully I'll have to eat my words after I actually hear it.

JOEinPHX

#5 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Seriously i have heard samples of all the songs on Amazon and it's the most embarrassing thing he's ever done. Ever.

The music is terrible and the way he drunkenly croons through them all is amateur at best.

Turncoat

#6 Post by Turncoat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Oooooh... I really wanna hear this now...

leviticus

#7 Post by leviticus » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:57 pm

It's the worst thing I've ever heard. It is.

Artemis

#8 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Is it a posthumous release?

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Artemis wrote:Is it a posthumous release?
Posthumorous.

It's not Bill Shatner bad, it's just traditional and boring. It's like he's doing Bing Crosby sings the classics on quaaludes. He was on Leno recently and I'd guess half the viewers nodded off in that 4 minute stretch. He should have at least broken out the bullhorn.

Juana

#10 Post by Juana » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Meh he needs to hang out with the Pogues and get the magic back.

NYRexall

#11 Post by NYRexall » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:31 am

He's been threatening this shit for years, and each year when it failed to materialize, I thanked the heavens. As big of a junkie drunk loser Scott can be, he writes great music and I'll always give him the benefit of the doubt.

Except when he's doing this shit. I can't get behind it. I don't even want to hear any more than I already have. He closed out the last STP album with two of his best songs since Purple and he's going to follow up with this?

NYRexall

#12 Post by NYRexall » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:48 am

Oh, and...

you can tell it's going to be horrendous just by the album cover. Because he's highlighted a word that just so happens to be one of his most embarrassing STP songs of all time.

Kajicat

#13 Post by Kajicat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:03 am

NYRexall wrote:Oh, and...you can tell it's going to be horrendous just by the album cover. Because he's highlighted a word that just so happens to be one of his most embarrassing STP songs of all time.
Whaaaaaaat....I love "Wonderful". It's a beauty of a song! To each their own :noclue:

I'll stand behind Scott when he's rocking out with STP or VR, but I'll only be sampling the songs on this X-Mas album for the lols, but that's it.

Just like how I do with Perry. I'll back him when he's with bands but when he puts out dance music I don't let it bother me...I just sample the song, lol, then never listen to it again. Simple.

leviticus

#14 Post by leviticus » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 am

I'll take the knowledge that "Applause for You" exists over having to listen to this garbage. It doesn't ruin Weilands credibility though because the guy has always been a hack.

Kajicat

#15 Post by Kajicat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:47 am

leviticus wrote:I'll take the knowledge that "Applause for You" exists over having to listen to this garbage. It doesn't ruin Weilands credibility though because the guy has always been a hack.
Really? A hack?

cursed male

#16 Post by cursed male » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:44 pm

First Spin: Hear Scott Weiland's Full Christmas Album, Be Merry
21 October 2011

Next Tuesday, Rhino will unleash The Most Wonderful Time of The Year, the first (and hopefully not last) Christmas album from Stone Temple Pilots frontbro Scott Weiland. It's a very classy affair: Among the assortment of familiar standards to be found here are crooned, cozy, warm-bellied takes on "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and "O Holy Night." Weiland is in full-on crooner mode, backed by an orchestra in the style of Mr. Michael Bublé. Sure, it's not even Halloween yet, but exclusively preview the affair here in its entirety and have yourself a merry little weekend.

Listen in full here

Sure as hell didn't see this one coming. I expect Perry's next...

JOEinPHX

#17 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:37 pm

NYRexall wrote:Oh, and...

you can tell it's going to be horrendous just by the album cover. Because he's highlighted a word that just so happens to be one of his most embarrassing STP songs of all time.
The worst part of this album cover is actually something that ISN'T there.

Someone else pointed it out, but this picture is an older one that was posted somewhere else. And they have photoshopped the scotch glass out of his hand.

So his album cover is a picture of him falling off the wagon that they stuck some text on.

leviticus

#18 Post by leviticus » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Kajicat wrote:
leviticus wrote:I'll take the knowledge that "Applause for You" exists over having to listen to this garbage. It doesn't ruin Weilands credibility though because the guy has always been a hack.
Really? A hack?
He's an imposter. I've never believed a thing he's done. Sorry.

lollapaloser

#19 Post by lollapaloser » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:35 pm

This was beat to death at xiola, but yeah I also think he's a clown.

Check this out, he did a private party for an auto dealer up here a while ago. Kinda sounds like a dick.

Irene wasn’t invited, but more than 600 of Ernie Boch Jr.’s nearest and dearest ignored the hurricane warnings Saturday night and descended on the car czar’s Norwood manse for a rockin’ end-of-the-summer bash featuring a performance by Stone Temple Pilots’ main man Scott Weiland, belly dancers, a near-drowning and lots of scandalicious behavior. All in all, the party of the year!

The Auto Mile magnate transformed his expansive grounds into an outdoor nightclub for the fete, which got rolling under drizzly skies and unbearable humidity. But the approaching storm didn’t exactly put a damper on the festivities.

The free-flowing watermelon mojitos and tons of Asian-inspired cuisine whipped up by chef Tony Ambrose’s Ambrosia Events & Catering and the staff from Ming Tsai’s Blue Ginger put everyone in a party mood. Everyone except Weiland, who was in full-on rock star mode!

Word is, the temperamental frontman refused to do a meet-and-greet with his host and 40 handpicked pals, offering to instead do one for 12, then cutting it to just two. He also had the usual list of rock star demands, including a fleet of SUVs for him and his posse — which, when you think of it, probably wasn’t a problem for the Boch Automotive empire heir.

“There were many ‘Get Him to the Greek’ moments,” Ernie told us. “And that’s all I want to say.”

http://grungereport.net/?p=6784

Kajicat

#20 Post by Kajicat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:52 pm

leviticus wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
Really? A hack?
He's an imposter. I've never believed a thing he's done. Sorry.
No need for apologies. But boy was that performance well done, even the whistling at the end was on point.

jptm

#21 Post by jptm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:15 pm

people do christmas albums for one reason---$$$

remember, every fucking year, radio stations everywhere play xmas music---it will never go away *unfortunately*... so, the money will come in moreso than a forgettable, bullshit solo album.

bieber's doing it, i'm sure there are others this year, too... every year...

i wouldn't doubt that even perry/etty would do some kind of xmas album/single... well, i guess maybe a hanukkah album; no offense.

Artemis

#22 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:19 pm

jptm wrote:people do christmas albums for one reason---$$$

remember, every fucking year, radio stations everywhere play xmas music---it will never go away *unfortunately*... so, the money will come in moreso than a forgettable, bullshit solo album.

i wouldn't doubt that even perry/etty would do some kind of xmas album/single... well, i guess maybe a hanukkah album; no offense.
Yes, I can hear an electro-dance version of the Dreidel song. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#23 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:26 pm

jptm wrote:people do christmas albums for one reason---$$$

I Like Big Christmas'

blackcoffee

#24 Post by blackcoffee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Perry already did a Christmas song for us. Saw it in the early 90's at an acoustic 91x Christmas....Pete's Dad. But everyone knows that. Cause we're all hardcore fans....

Matz

#25 Post by Matz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:43 pm

seems like he's channeling Jim Morrison in that clip...to me