NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: NFL

#451 Post by kv » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:10 pm

creep wrote:so juana and kv. do you still want a charger loss for that draft pick? raiders lose and they will lose next week. the bears should end this tebow bullshit next week. you could be one game out next week.
i would never want to lose for a draft pick...but i kinda agree with juana whatever it takes to get rid of aj...would be worth it...but i will still be routing for the bolts to win the final games...but if we don't it could benefit us in the long run...i am over this season and waiting on the lakers tbh vikes should have won today but didn't if the bolts lose to the jags it would have to signal the end of aj i hope i hope i hope....but i still want them to stop the skid

Juana

#452 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:10 am

kv wrote:
creep wrote:so juana and kv. do you still want a charger loss for that draft pick? raiders lose and they will lose next week. the bears should end this tebow bullshit next week. you could be one game out next week.
i would never want to lose for a draft pick...but i kinda agree with juana whatever it takes to get rid of aj...would be worth it...but i will still be routing for the bolts to win the final games...but if we don't it could benefit us in the long run...i am over this season and waiting on the lakers tbh vikes should have won today but didn't if the bolts lose to the jags it would have to signal the end of aj i hope i hope i hope....but i still want them to stop the skid
That is basically how I feel regarding it. I will be pissed if they play like shit tomorrow but in the end change is needed and the only way that happens is with the team losing again. AJ also looks more and more stupid every game that Brees just keeps on keeping on and when all the former players that he got rid of by not wanting to pay them do well on other teams. It just sucks because they didn't keep the depth on the D and O lines that basically the offense and Rivers are not right. In a perfect world though they could win and get rid of AJ and Norv. If they could land a Peoli (sp?) or the Packers personnel type person and a tough minded d-coordinator I would be happy with that.

Basically watching the Bolts is supposed to be a good time and it hasn't been so that is why I come off so jaded towards them. I wasn't this bad when Marty was the coach because they were not getting out muscled and punked when they lost.

kv

#453 Post by kv » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 am

i don't know if i mentioned this already but the last bolt home game they put seau in the ring of honor and when he thanked spanos the entire stadium boo'd and i thought good maybe he will clue in heads have to roll and not just norv's because he is being blamed for doing nothing...looks like he got the message i hope i hope i hope lol

Juana

#454 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:55 am

Yeah and honestly I don't think its Norv but the players have stopped responding and I think he has lost the locker room and I think the GM was the biggest issue I just never figured Spanos would fire him since they fired Marty for not getting along with Smith

kv

#455 Post by kv » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 am

this years biggest probs are aj and injuries...i mean how the fuck does aj franchise sproles for 7 million dollars then let him go where the saints grab him for 4 years for 6m guaranteed 14m total? makes zero sense...hell could go way back to the beginning with aj and how he drafted rivers because he never though brees would pan out lol...agree with norv has lost the locker room and it not being his fault we have lost both lt and rg and their backups this season....we signed some guy off the coach to start this week...the most important position on the field is lt..rivers back side..why didn't they ever switch clary ( who sucks but still) back to lt? i really wonder if that is aj or norv prob aj

Juana

#456 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:21 am

Well I mean Rivers isn't bad and Brees I know there were injury concerns but he still should have had a shot, we miss Sproles a lot but if he was going to run LT out of town he should have franchised Turner again old news I know. It's like he GMs with his ego. We need to draft a LT and LG and RG for sure though. The Saints have two all pro guards that they built their line around and Rivers would flourish in a situation like that. Oh well NBA season is starting with a new staff and USC is back in the top 5 all is okay.

kv

#457 Post by kv » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:14 am

ya shocked we got 5...thats so bad ass now if only barkley would stay!

Juana

#458 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 am

Well when we lost Carson we had someone else step up and lost 2 times in 3 years. Basically with the talent that Lane as acquired under sanctions the future is bright as long as the next guy can throw the ball to our team and let those skill players put in work then they will be fine.

Sort of like the Bolts get a line and let Rivers fling it around ala Dan Fouts! Of course it would be nice to get a DeMarcus Ware type on the defensive side of the ball. If only Merriman wouldn't have stopped hitting the roids. I don't care if they cheat as long as they get sacks :banana: :lol: :bigrin:

popeye

#459 Post by popeye » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:59 pm

Good Steelers/Browns game tonight....always my favorite game of the year

kv

#460 Post by kv » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:56 pm

popeye wrote:Good Steelers/Browns game tonight....always my favorite game of the year
they play twice a year and it always sucks steelers have won 15 of the last 16

popeye

#461 Post by popeye » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 am

kv wrote:
popeye wrote:Good Steelers/Browns game tonight....always my favorite game of the year
they play twice a year and it always sucks steelers have won 15 of the last 16
That's probably why it's a favorite game of mine to watch then :lol: (the at Pittsburgh game each year)

Seriously though, it mainly goes back to watching the rivalry back in the day as a kid, so just a personal preference of mine.

kv

#462 Post by kv » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:21 am

right on your classic match up i feel ya

creep
Site Admin

#463 Post by creep » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:12 pm

poor tackling + no qb protection + bad call by the refs on the fake field goal + the inability to score 7 instead of 3 = loss

the saints pulling one out today is not good news for the 49ers if they want a first round bye.

Juana

#464 Post by Juana » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:14 pm

At least Mathews has had a pretty good season so far, 943 rushing yards this season and 420 yards receiving so he is having a pretty good bounce back after last years disappointment

kv

#465 Post by kv » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:40 am

I HOPE TEBOW GETS AIDS

Juana

#466 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:55 am

That's a little extreme but I'm willing to bet he has a pile of dead hookers ala a bad guy on Dexter somewhere

blackula

#467 Post by blackula » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

Juana wrote:That's a little extreme but I'm willing to bet he has a pile of dead hookers ala a bad guy on Dexter somewhere
Haha. That's a good one, going back to last season.

Anyway, there is NO WAY Tebow is going to beat the Patriots this week.

MYXYLPLYX

#468 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 pm

:arrow:
creep wrote:poor tackling + no qb protection + bad call by the refs on the fake field goal + the inability to score 7 instead of 3 = loss

the saints pulling one out today is not good news for the 49ers if they want a first round bye.
Yeah, the O line problem is troubling. Injuries are part of it, but they've got to scheme/strategize an answer or they're toast. Arizona went in with nothing to lose so they gambled repeatedly with sell out blitzes and were rewarded with a flurry of sacks. 9ers need plays to keep defenses honest like screens and quick slants.

I think on defense SF was really missing Willis. AZ picked apart the middle of the field where usually they'd have to deal with Willis. His absence on both passing and running plays was definitely felt. Like Bryant Young before him, his presence makes everyone around him better.

Juana

#469 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Well they already have the division so as long as they win a couple more with an easy schedule they can probably get a bye week. I think the NFC is going to come down to Saints / Green Bay. The AFC will probably be Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#470 Post by Hokahey » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:34 pm

I have a hard time rooting against Tebow. He seems like a pretty genuine guy, and he just makes it happen on the field. It may take all 4 quarters, but he gets it done. Pretty neat to watch.

Here's to hoping the Rams at least go down guns blazing tonight.

Juana

#471 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah no offense but this is going to be a pretty terrible game tonight

creep
Site Admin

#472 Post by creep » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Juana wrote:Well they already have the division so as long as they win a couple more with an easy schedule they can probably get a bye week. I think the NFC is going to come down to Saints / Green Bay. The AFC will probably be Pittsburgh or Baltimore.
saints play the vikings, falcons and panthers

49ers play the steelers, seahawks and rams

49ers hold the tie breaker but i doubt they will beat the steelers. the saints can easily win out.

Juana

#473 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Well this is a team that no one expected anything out of so Jim has done a great job and they will only get better if he can develop Alex Smith or get a QB in the draft that can fit into what Jim wants to do as an offense.

As for the Chargers they have played two terrible teams the last couple weeks so I still don't believe they're back if they beat the Ravens then maybe but they blew it already this season I can not believe that Tebow is going to lead Denver to the playoffs but it is what it is. He doesn't turn the ball over and Rivers did and that is basically what happened to the season. That being said they should be able to pick up some good players on both lines and possibly a good WR/TE in the second or 3rd rounds and hopefully get more reps out of Vincent Brown since I really like him.

creep
Site Admin

#474 Post by creep » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 pm

i thought tonight's game would be bad but i had no idea it was going to be this bad. two horrible qb's. i hope bradford is playing this bad because he is injured. i think i may have to switch to fear factor. :bored:

kv

#475 Post by kv » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:27 am

ahhh after this year that felt like a playoff win