NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
mockbee

Re: NFL

#751 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:38 pm

creep wrote:peyton obviously made the wrong decision...the only good thing is that hopefully this ends tebow mania forever.

alex will be back....no one really wants him.

Tebow to 49ers! :yikes: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1NMI74.DTL

Sorry for ruining your pants Creep..... :hehe: :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#752 Post by creep » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:12 pm

believe me i thought of that. alex smith is a mobile qb too...obviously not like tebow but alex can throw and tebow can't. harbaugh is smart enough not to even think that. with the upgrades at receiver alex smith can only get better. he is a smart guy...he will probably get more money and a longer contract now and everyone will be happy.

the dumbest team in all this is miami. they really should have signed matt flynn. he instantly makes seattle a better team now.

clickie

#753 Post by clickie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 pm

charger fans must feel like shit now that denver has peyton...
i mean theyre fucked since they kept norv but got rid of their best receiver...lol
are there any fans out west who like what the chargers have been doing?
that owner must be some kind of mongoloid.... :dunce:

kv

#754 Post by kv » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 pm

it's the gm he has control and is comfortable with norv because he doesn't rock his boat ...no charger fan is happy about aj and what he has done to the team with letting so many players go for nothing and replacing them with scrubs i am ok with peyton in denver one game on the shceduele that should be more entertaining then an oakland or kc game

Juana

#755 Post by Juana » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Will not be baited into another anti-AJ rant, read the previous 30 some odd pages and you will see Charger fans are not happy at least not me. I'm happy for Peyton he is a class act and as much as I hate the Donks good for them getting a QB that can throw. All of that said the AFC West is going to be a weird one again and honestly not afraid of Peyton in Den, the Bolts always played the Colts well when they had Peyton. More concerned with Oakland if Palmer gets used to those speedy WRs and they can continue to run the ball and not have stupid penalties they will probably win the division.

clickie

#756 Post by clickie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 pm

I think you should be a lot more concerned about the chiefs than the raiders...

Juana

#757 Post by Juana » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Naw the Chiefs always get hurt, they must've swallowed the injury bug and then have the Marty curse. But I think their D will be very good with Romeo there, the issue is most of the teams in the AFC West aside from Den have drafted poorly in the past couple years. I think there is a lot of talent on all the teams but the talent is all raw. I also think the Raiders penalized themselves out of a 10 or 11 win season and with their weapons at WR and RB that Carson will be able to live off the play action pass and having two WRs running sub 4.4s, you can not cover speed all the time and with a healthy McFadden they can be dangerous...

All that said if the Bolts can draft a NT and get some help in the pass rush they will be fine. What hurt last year were Rivers picks and then the defense not being able to stop the run. Its deep at DT and LB this year in the draft and if AJ makes the smart moves and doesn't base it off of who the player has as an agent (see previous years where he openly admitted it) then there can be some great talent to be had.

Honestly just happy both the NBA and NFL are playing.

farrellgirl99

#758 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:51 am

Wow, Manning is getting $96 mil for five years.

I don't know how football salaries work, but if this was baseball, I would think that was insane for an older guy coming off a career threatening injury.

Juana

#759 Post by Juana » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:00 am

Its insured more than likely and I doubt its all guaranteed money, most of the time the contracts have values of "up to" but aren't the real amount

Hokahey
Site Admin

#760 Post by Hokahey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 am

Yep. Usually backloaded in case they cut the player a couple years in, and/or incentive based.

kv

#761 Post by kv » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Juana wrote: All that said if the Bolts can draft a NT and get some help in the pass rush they will be fine. What hurt last year were Rivers picks and then the defense not being able to stop the run. Its deep at DT and LB this year in the draft and if AJ makes the smart moves and doesn't base it off of who the player has as an agent (see previous years where he openly admitted it) then there can be some great talent to be had.
i want mike floyd or oline

Juana

#762 Post by Juana » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Yeah I think that we still need to fill the DT spot hasn't been the same since JWall left get that shored up and get Floyd with the #1 if he is still available and it would be a good draft.

thoreau

#763 Post by thoreau » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 am

So I just saw that Tebow went to the Jets. Sanchez and Tebow is a very weird pairing.

thoreau

#764 Post by thoreau » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:23 am

.......and I just read that Sean Payton is suspended for a year.....Damn. I knew it was coming, but still very disappointing and embarrassing.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... 2oN3vUmx8E

Xizen47

#765 Post by Xizen47 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 am

thoreau wrote:So I just saw that Tebow went to the Jets. Sanchez and Tebow is a very weird pairing.
Now the Jets have 2 shitty QBs

creep
Site Admin

#766 Post by creep » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:30 pm

thoreau wrote:.......and I just read that Sean Payton is suspended for a year.....Damn. I knew it was coming, but still very disappointing and embarrassing.

wow...i knew the would come down hard on them but this is crazy.

thoreau

#767 Post by thoreau » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:52 pm

creep wrote:
thoreau wrote:.......and I just read that Sean Payton is suspended for a year.....Damn. I knew it was coming, but still very disappointing and embarrassing.

wow...i knew the would come down hard on them but this is crazy.
Yeah, I think it's a bit excessive. I wouldn't be surprised if they tag Vilma with a suspension too.

creep
Site Admin

#768 Post by creep » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 pm

gregg williams coaching for the rams didn't last long. time to look for a new coordinator i guess. hokahey you should probably be happy with that. i don't think he is a great d coordinator.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#769 Post by Hokahey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:54 pm

creep wrote:gregg williams coaching for the rams didn't last long. time to look for a new coordinator i guess. hokahey you should probably be happy with that. i don't think he is a great d coordinator.
He'll be reinstated next year and they'll be using his playbook and calling D by committe with his assistants. It makes no difference.

Also Tebow to Jets is now in question due to contract snafu. Rams and Jags are supposedly in play.

creep
Site Admin

#770 Post by creep » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 pm

hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:gregg williams coaching for the rams didn't last long. time to look for a new coordinator i guess. hokahey you should probably be happy with that. i don't think he is a great d coordinator.
He'll be reinstated next year and they'll be using his playbook and calling D by committe with his assistants. It makes no difference.

Also Tebow to Jets is now in question due to contract snafu. Rams and Jags are supposedly in play.
tebow with the jets would be fun to watch...it would be a circus since sanchez sucks. going to the rams would be funny too.

clickie

#771 Post by clickie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Theres no fucking way gregg williams will be reinstated sometimes next season if thats what u meant.
Am i the only one who doesnt think these penalties that were handed down were too harsh?
The shit they got caught doing is unacceptable...
I mean all weve been hearing about the past couple seasons is how the NFL doesnt protect their players.
I still put the blame on AP though for coughing up the ball a million times in that loss...

creep
Site Admin

#772 Post by creep » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:59 pm

the penalties were harsh because they covered it up. the saints have always been cocky and thought they were above the league. not anymore. :thumb:

Juana

#773 Post by Juana » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:41 pm

The penalties were BS. So what there was a bounty program I personally do not care. I like seeing hard hits and hope the opposing players get knocked out, obviously not going for someone's knee but seeing someone get rocked over the middle is awesome. Also the bounty program seriously why would players shoot for that $1000 when the NFL would fine them 20k for a dirty hit?

MYXYLPLYX

#774 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:02 pm

I was pretty floored when I heard the punishment handed down this morning.

But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized the punishment was as much (perhaps even more) about deterrence to the rest of the NFL as it was to punish the Saints.

I mean seriously, after this, what coach would ever knowingly allow a bounty system in any shape or form to take place on their team under their watch? :confused: :no:

I think it's safe to assume anyone even remotely associated with a coaching staff will now do everything in their power to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#775 Post by creep » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 pm

they were told to stop a couple years ago and covered it up and continued to do it. if it was just about the bounty the punishment wouldn't have been so harsh.