What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Juana

Re: What's annoying you today?

#1051 Post by Juana » Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 am

thanks for the positive vibes all... just a pain in the ass because once I have been feeling healthy its coming back like a spoiled ex or something... but I'm an arrogant prick so I will fight this like everything else.. but overall still way fucking annoying

Japhy

#1052 Post by Japhy » Fri May 11, 2012 4:22 am

Juana wrote:thanks for the positive vibes all... just a pain in the ass because once I have been feeling healthy its coming back like a spoiled ex or something... but I'm an arrogant prick so I will fight this like everything else.. but overall still way fucking annoying
Mate, that completely blows. Genuine sincere best wishes to you Juana. To say you've been sounding healthy is an understatement - the running times you keep posting are ridiculous (in a good way!).

Arrogance is good... you'll come out on top pal.

creep
Site Admin

#1053 Post by creep » Fri May 11, 2012 5:29 am

Juana wrote:Biopsy on my left lung which fucking sucks because I do not and never have smoked anything but weed. But it is what it is. Here's to another year of shittiness.
are you saying that the the biopsy came back already as cancer? hopefully it's nothing. that sucks though.

mockbee

#1054 Post by mockbee » Fri May 11, 2012 6:38 am

Wow, Juana. You got dealt a tough hand.

I wish you well and I know that you can beat this thing.

Positive vibes are coming your way............

Larry B.

#1055 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 11, 2012 6:49 am

mockbee wrote: Positive vibes are coming your way............
And from very, very far down south.

:wave: :gh:

perkana

#1056 Post by perkana » Fri May 11, 2012 7:00 am

I really fucking hate cancer :sad:

Juana

#1057 Post by Juana » Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 am

They do not know they're going to cut me next week but it could always be worse. If anything I can use this as another chance to raise money for the pediatric cancer stuff I have done in the past. The key is to have a positive outlook but as I stated up there, it just is annoying.

chaos

#1058 Post by chaos » Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 am

I know you are discouraged but with all the strength you have gained mentally, as well as physically from your tremendous workouts, your recovery will be swift. :gh:

LJF

#1059 Post by LJF » Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 am

Juana wrote:They do not know they're going to cut me next week but it could always be worse. If anything I can use this as another chance to raise money for the pediatric cancer stuff I have done in the past. The key is to have a positive outlook but as I stated up there, it just is annoying.

sending positive thoughts to you.

Larry B.

#1060 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 11, 2012 3:39 pm

95% of the people I know, who are lazy fucks who can't get off their asses if there's no alcohol involved.

'Want to go to a play? It's free'
'Can't, I'm too tired' (Tuesday, 6.30 PM)

'Want to go watch that documentary you wanted to check out?'
'Can't, it starts too late' (8.30 PM) 'but I really want to go' :confused: (it always starts at the same time)

'Want to go to that exhibition you actually shared on Facebook last week?'
'Can't, I need some drinks'

'Hey Larry, let's have lunch at 1:30!'
'OK, great'
(1.55 PM) 'Hi, Larry!'

'Hey Larry, want to come hang out at my place? Lots of people coming, lots of booze and reggaeton!'
'No thanks'

These are all people who have recently told me they WANT to do these things. It's not like I'm calling unknown assholes to do shit they've never shown any interest in. All of these activities were FREE. All of these humans complain about stuff not being free. Well, these were fucking free. And they all were accessible at normal hours. And they were all 50 steps away from subway stations, in case they didn't have a car or didn't want to drive.

This week was specially intense in terms of attempting to improve my relationship with mankind. I met with friends, family and acquaintances almost every day of the week. Somehow, almost all of them managed to disappoint me.

Juana

#1061 Post by Juana » Fri May 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Yeah that is funny how that works, people like to get smashed.

farrellgirl99

#1062 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:15 pm

I went out with friends who are classier than me to a seafood place by Lincoln Center and I paid $26 for a lobster roll that didn't have a lot of lobster meat :banghead:

i hate "nice" restaurants.

Romeo

#1063 Post by Romeo » Sat May 12, 2012 9:19 am

Because I am a "on time" person & don't run on Puerto Rican time I got to my friends father's service at a Roman Catholic church while the early mass was going on (sat through that)
the the mass for her dad.

1 mass let alone 2 are too long for this Jew girl.

Then got home to a Jehovah ringing my bell'

all full of religion today

I'm not really "annoyed" but found it kind of funny

mockbee

#1064 Post by mockbee » Sat May 12, 2012 9:25 am

farrellgirl99 wrote:
i hate "nice" restaurants.
Absolutely.........

You are very lucky that you only got fleeced for $26. Living in restaurant rich/tourist cities can be a major hazard. You can wind up in a place and pay $100 a plate and be hungry afterwards and wish you had eaten a couple slices of pizza for $5 instead. Don't get me wrong, I love well prepared food, you just have to be very cautious, and I'll pay what it costs on a special occasion. But I would say the majority of "nice" restaurants are not worth it, they are for the business folks and tourists.............. BEWARE! :lol:

Pandemonium

#1065 Post by Pandemonium » Mon May 14, 2012 1:00 pm

"D'oh!" moment of the day.....

I decided to load up some (carbonated) Diet Redbull in the refrigerator out of a plastic wrapped carton sitting on top of the 'fridge this morning. Being lazy, instead of bringing down the carton, I used an X-Acto knife to awkwardly reach up and cut the plastic wrap to get at the cans and slipped and stabbed one of the cans (which seem to be barely thicker than aluminum foil) which soaked me in seconds while I was comically fumbling trying get the can out of the package or at least stop the spraying leak. I bet someone shook up those fuckers in a paint mixer before packaging 'em. To add insult to injury, the dog kept trying to lick my face and arm as I was cleaning up the floor.

creep
Site Admin

#1066 Post by creep » Mon May 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Pandemonium wrote:"D'oh!" moment of the day.....

I decided to load up some (carbonated) Diet Redbull in the refrigerator out of a plastic wrapped carton sitting on top of the 'fridge this morning. Being lazy, instead of bringing down the carton, I used an X-Acto knife to awkwardly reach up and cut the plastic wrap to get at the cans and slipped and stabbed one of the cans (which seem to be barely thicker than aluminum foil) which soaked me in seconds while I was comically fumbling trying get the can out of the package or at least stop the spraying leak. I bet someone shook up those fuckers in a paint mixer before packaging 'em. To add insult to injury, the dog kept trying to lick my face and arm as I was cleaning up the floor.
i don't drink energy drinks but when i play poker sometimes i will mix rockstar with vodka to keep my old ass awake. when i open the cans half of the time it sounds like a bomb went off. those things can have some serious pressure built up.

Pandemonium

#1067 Post by Pandemonium » Mon May 14, 2012 4:20 pm

creep wrote:i don't drink energy drinks but when i play poker sometimes i will mix rockstar with vodka to keep my old ass awake. when i open the cans half of the time it sounds like a bomb went off. those things can have some serious pressure built up.
Once in a blue moon I'll have one of those tall can Rock Star Mochas and I'd guess that's probably the closest I'll ever get to feeling what it's like doing a 6 inch rail of coke.

Larry B.

#1068 Post by Larry B. » Mon May 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Pandemonium wrote:"D'oh!" moment of the day.....

:lol:

zdilla

#1069 Post by zdilla » Mon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:i don't drink energy drinks but when i play poker sometimes i will mix rockstar with vodka to keep my old ass awake. when i open the cans half of the time it sounds like a bomb went off. those things can have some serious pressure built up.
Once in a blue moon I'll have one of those tall can Rock Star Mochas and I'd guess that's probably the closest I'll ever get to feeling what it's like doing a 6 inch rail of coke.
:lol:

farrellgirl99

#1070 Post by farrellgirl99 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:34 am

I wore new shoes today and broke open the mother of all blisters on my heel. i am now limping around manhattan with my heel sticking out of my shoe. if you see me, say hi

Artemis

#1071 Post by Artemis » Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:I wore new shoes today and broke open the mother of all blisters on my heel. i am now limping around manhattan with my heel sticking out of my shoe. if you see me, say hi
Ouch! I've been in your shoes before. Well, not your new ones, but you know what I mean. :lol:

I always carry a spare of shoes when I'm wearing new shoes for the first time. Usually just flats or some other light shoe/sandal that can fit in my purse. I've had too many experiences like yours. One time I had a blister so bad I just walked with one shoe off. I was wearing pantyhose too so the nylon stuck on the bloody blister.

:wave:

creep
Site Admin

#1072 Post by creep » Wed May 16, 2012 6:16 pm

i got a new sectional sofa and the thing blocks about a foot of the front windows and i can't see out the windows when i sit down. one of the big things that i want in a house is that the family room is in the front of the house. i hate when it is in the back and you can't see what is going on in the front. i may have to get rid of it.

mockbee

#1073 Post by mockbee » Wed May 16, 2012 10:23 pm

You didn't think of this before you got it?

Or maybe you won the couch, like how I got mine...

Juana

#1074 Post by Juana » Thu May 17, 2012 8:13 am

Having to be awake before noon, having wood floors put in my house and they're making a lot of noise so I can't go back to sleep.

Larry B.

#1075 Post by Larry B. » Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

Not wanting to do anything but having to do some stuff.