Man eating another man's face:2nd incident in a month!

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Hype

Re: Man eating another man's face:2nd incident in a month!

#51 Post by Hype » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:21 am

Mescal wrote:If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't even know about this incident.

Belgium is boring
Like hell it is. Recently you guys didn't have a functioning government for like a year and a half. And you'll probably be two countries at some point in the future. :nod:

Larry B.

#52 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Mescal wrote:If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't even know about this incident.

Belgium is boring
Like hell it is. Recently you guys didn't have a functioning government for like a year and a half. And you'll probably be two countries at some point in the future. :nod:
And you have Vincent Kompany. That guy is a fucking genius. Not only sports-wise.

Artemis

#53 Post by Artemis » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 am

I just heard on the news that the "butcher of Montreal" has been arrested in Berlin. :rockon:

Artemis

#54 Post by Artemis » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:37 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Also, they're taking away time from covering the Quebec student protests... Which I wholeheartedly support. Articles are still being published but they're overlooked.

http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/art ... t-marchers
Truthout did a piece on this you may like to read.
I think the first comment was good in pointing out that the use of "boycott" does not accurately describe what the students are doing.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/9571-que ... -our-fight

Hype

#55 Post by Hype » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 am

Artemis wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:Also, they're taking away time from covering the Quebec student protests... Which I wholeheartedly support. Articles are still being published but they're overlooked.

I think the first comment was good in pointing out that the use of "boycott" does not accurately describe what the students are doing.

Yeah. To put it in perspective, I've been done my undergraduate education since 2008, and I still owe roughly $18,000. (About 12k left in bank loans, and 6k left owed to the gov't)

Quebec students are absolutely right to fight to NOT be "squarely in the red", the way I am, and will be for some time.

Larry B.

#56 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:08 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Artemis wrote:

Yeah. To put it in perspective, I've been done my undergraduate education since 2008, and I still owe roughly $18,000. (About 12k left in bank loans, and 6k left owed to the gov't)
Shit. I don't know about you, but owing money scares the shit out of me.

Hype

#57 Post by Hype » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 am

Larry B. wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Artemis wrote:

Shit. I don't know about you, but owing money scares the shit out of me.
When I took a year off before my MA, and a year off after that before my PhD, both the bank and the gov't required that I start "repaying my loans" (rather than not, or just paying interest). It effectively meant that my ability to spend the year saving money for the years of education ahead of me was hindered by the fact that they can't tell the difference between someone done school for good and someone who is breaking to try to get in a better position overall. It's understandable, but I shouldn't be in that position to begin with. There are scholarships and grants that are non-repayable, but they are beyond highly competitive: they simply go to those who (a) have near-perfect GPAs (meaning they are very good STUDENTS, not necessarily the best scholars or thinkers or innovators; they took easier classes, etc.) and (b) those who pander to the "interdisciplinary" nature of the funding committees. I know several people who received funding for "projects" that they never did, and never will do, because they don't even work in those areas, but they figured it would get them funding, and they were right. I guess it serves the rest of us right for not doing that too, but it wouldn't matter, since some are better at pandering than others. (It really is a crapshoot. I KNOW people who have been on the committees and have quit because they fought with other members over just this kind of stupidity...) :jasper:

The fraudulent side of the external funding issue would be removed if education were simply "free", by being paid for by taxpayers. (After all, where do you think the money for the external funding comes from? SSHRC is a government agency... and the OGS scholarship is governmental too... so taxes ARE paying for it.. but for projects people aren't doing.) Oh, did I mention I'm funded right now but in order to receive it I'm required NOT to work anywhere else, so I can't even augment my funds? :banghead:

creep
Site Admin

#58 Post by creep » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:46 pm

and the stories keep coming.
Man bit lips off kitten, strangled another, deputies say
By Desiree Stennett, Orlando Sentinel

A Palm Coast man arrested on a charge of cruelty to animals bit the lips off one kitten and choked another to death, deputies say.

Angel Vega Roman, 28, lived with two others who rented him a room and left him to care for several kittens when they were out of town earlier this month.

and speaking of lips
Man Accused Of Eating Wife's Lips

A former employee of a Swedish medical university is accused of cutting his wife's lips off and eating them.

The Local says the Swedish Aftonbladet newspaper reported that the unnamed man allegedly flew into a rage after he became suspicious that his much younger wife was having an affair.

"It was honour related. He doesn't seem to regret a thing; he believes she insulted him," a source with knowledge of the matter told Aftonbladet, according to The Local.

As for why the man allegedly ate the lips, AFP reports that "he didn't want the lips to be able to be sewn back on," according to the same unnamed source.

It was widely reported that the suspect was an employee of the Karolinska Institutet, but the medical university released a statement distancing itself from the man.

"It is, of course, a very tragic story," University Director Bengt Norrving said in the release. "But since the researcher in question is not an employee of Karolinska Institutet we are unable to consider legal action."

The university explains that the suspect was once a long-time employee, but now works at another university. "He does, however, still collaborate to a certain degree with his former research group," the release said.

Artemis

#59 Post by Artemis » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:54 pm

This story isn't about any human or animal parts being eaten, but it is in the weird category.

A Dutch artist had his dead cat stuffed and turned into a remote control helicoptor.

Coincidentally, the cat's name was Orville. HIs brother's name is Wilbur. :lol:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/20 ... rtist.html

clickie

#60 Post by clickie » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 pm

omg you guys i just snorted 2 huge lines of bath salt
i thought it mightve been poison at first but now its starting to kick in...
I'm starting to feel a little twitchy, my heart is racing and now here comes the paranoia
every single person i see looks like they might be a fuckin' cop.

Hype

#61 Post by Hype » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm

clickie wrote:omg you guys i just snorted 2 huge lines of bath salt
i thought it mightve been poison at first but now its starting to kick in...
I'm starting to feel a little twitchy, my heart is racing and now here comes the paranoia
every single person i see looks like they might be a fuckin' cop.
I think you may have confused bath salts with epsom salts.

clickie

#62 Post by clickie » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:07 pm

i think youre right..i just ate someones face for nothing.

Hype

#63 Post by Hype » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 pm

:lol:

Mescal

#64 Post by Mescal » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:

Belgium is boring
That actually might not be boring.

We might actually have some riots going on.

(Probably not though)

creep
Site Admin

#65 Post by creep » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:42 pm

:bored:
JUNE 5--A North Carolina woman is facing a malicious castration charge after she allegedly squeezed the scrotum of a 59-year-old acquaintance so vigorously that one of the victim’s testicles was dislodged, according to police.

The victim told Shelby Police Department officers that he was attacked early Saturday morning by Joyce Maxine Gregory, with whom he had been arguing in his apartment. The man said that when he departed the residence to dial 911, he was confronted by the 35-year-old Gregory. According to cops, Gregory and the man had previously been in “some sort of a romantic relationship.”

As detailed in a wince-inducing police report, the victim told cops that Gregory “grabbed him by his scrotum” in a vise-like grip. While he was able to “jerk away from her grip,” the man freed himself after Gregory had succeeded in squeezing a testicle out of his scrotum.

Officer M. L. McPherson reported that the victim’s “scrotum had been split open,” adding that, “I was also able to observe one of the subject’s testicles protruding from the scrotum area.”

Following the attack, the man was able to walk to a nearby EMS station, where he was initially treated before being transported to the Cleveland Regional Medical Center. A urologist told police that the man’s scrotum injury “could be fixed with several stitches and that no serious long term damage had occurred.”

Pictured in the above mug shot, Gregory was subsequently arrested at the home where she had quarreled with the victim. Cops observed “blood on both the floor of the porch and on the siding of the residence.”

Along with malicious castration, Gregory was charged with assault causing serious bodily injury (both counts are felonies). Now locked up in the county jail in lieu of $20,000 bond, Gregory is scheduled for a June 18 court hearing.

While en route to jail, cops noted, Gregory--who appeared “highly intoxicated on some type of narcotic”--removed her pants and “urinated in the back seat of the patrol vehicle.”

kv

#66 Post by kv » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:48 pm

why? nobody needs to hear about that...ever...my balls hurt now thanks a lot dick

Larry B.

#67 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Fuck

Artemis

#68 Post by Artemis » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:07 pm

What the hell is wrong with people?? :scared:

I think we are the only normal ones left. We should move to an island together where we can be safe from all the crazies out there.

I will admit,in the event of a food shortage, I would not be averse to cooking up one of the vegetarians and eating them. :lol:
Last edited by Artemis on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hype

#69 Post by Hype » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Turns out that Canadian murderer may be a zombie too... they suspect he ate some of that guy he killed. :confused:

Artemis

#70 Post by Artemis » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:14 pm

I don't ever remember a time when there were so many news stories about humans eating the flesh and parts of other humans. :scared:

creep
Site Admin

#71 Post by creep » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Artemis wrote:What the hell is wrong with people?? :scared:

I think we are the normal ones left. We should move to an island together where we can be safe from all the crazies out there.
normal?

you would be wearing shoes on the beach

larry would masturbate all day

kv would murder zdilla the first day

hype would correct us all day

:banghead:

Artemis

#72 Post by Artemis » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:20 pm

:lolol: that made me laugh out loud!

kv

#73 Post by kv » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:23 pm

facts...if i was trapped on a smal island and it was you or me i would have to take a couple people out asap...but then i would be cool

Larry B.

#74 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Hey, at least I'd provide you all with tasty proteins and vitamins. I'm a team player.

As a side note, it's pretty interesting that 'zombie' is replacing 'cannibal.'

Like... 'Zombie tribe recently discovered in the depths of the Amazon Rainforest'
Last edited by Larry B. on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kv

#75 Post by kv » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:24 pm

i wouldn't "murder" anyone...i'd build zdilla a sturdy raft and just show larry this cool sea cave what happens next is on nature