17%
lots of holes
4%

Total votes: 52

kv

ink or holes

#1 Post by kv » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:14 pm

as an offshoot of the girls with tats thread

do you have tats? do you have piercings?

gonna do the poll (2 votes one for each) but go ahead and post as well to explain more

kv

Re: ink or holes

#2 Post by kv » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:18 pm

as for me always wanted tats but remember mike ness saying that if he knew every mall kid would be tatted he would have never got any...made me question that so while i have spent a few dunk night in tat parlours i have never given in ( as you may have guess i am pretty strong willed) as for holes...my dad always told me i could cut my hair anyway i wanted and pierce whatever i wanted as long as i knew i'd be shaved bald and have a bloody ear after i walked through the door :lol:

as for others with tats they don't bother me...except kids with neck tats but i get it...a tat doesn't mean shit anymore like it used to i know cops with sleeves so the neck is the next level of i don't care about your rules...but be smart with it you never know when you may need a job that the tats will cost you...had a friend who was in a punk band and he was smart nothing that couldn't be covered with a short sleeve business shirt...even the rings of skulls around his wrist was covered by his wide band business watch

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:22 pm

On me:

1 small tatt, after 10 years decided i wanted to go all clean. Have had 5 laser removal procedures on it. Will hopefully be gone completely in the next 6 months.

Both ears pierced, neither currently in. But i plan on putting them back in soon.

ON GIRLS:

No ink.

Holes limited to ears, belly button, and MAYBE a small nose ring.

Nothing else is acceptable. I once dated a girl with a lip ring and made her take it out because i couldn't even fucking kiss her because the damn thing was in the way. Ridiculous.

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:29 pm

No ink and the only holes I got are the one's I was born with.

MYXYLPLYX

#5 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Hmmm... at first when you said holes I thought of gauge.

No disrespect to anyone here who might be in to that, but I find it really fucking stupid and unattractive. :confused:

perkana

#6 Post by perkana » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:27 pm

just have my ears pierced, no ink...Though I've always thought about getting a small one right above my ass that no one could see. But thanks to Mescal, I'm going to be inkless

Warped

#7 Post by Warped » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:37 pm

One tattoo (right upper arm) - more to come soon.

Not into piercings at all.

Larry B.

#8 Post by Larry B. » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:47 pm

2 tats: the flag of the Region of Magallanes on my left forearm and a 4-bar staff with Deconstruction's 'America' guitar and bass on my upper back.

Both ears pierced.

Kinda would like to get more tattoos. Glad I never got the JA tattoo I wanted 10 years ago.

Mescal

#9 Post by Mescal » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:52 pm

perkana wrote:just have my ears pierced, no ink...Though I've always thought about getting a small one right above my ass that no one could see. But thanks to Mescal, I'm going to be inkless
Maybe when you're a little bit older ..... :wink:

creep
Site Admin

#10 Post by creep » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:53 pm

not really sure how to vote

two tattoos...one on each arm that have had three laser treatments so almost gone.

one pierced ear that hasn't had anything in it in over 25yrs but won't close up.

:noclue:

Warped

#11 Post by Warped » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:55 pm

Larry B. wrote: 4-bar staff with Deconstruction's 'America' guitar and bass on my upper back.
I really like that one. :rockon:

JOEinPHX

#12 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:58 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:Hmmm... at first when you said holes I thought of gauge.

No disrespect to anyone here who might be in to that, but I find it really fucking stupid and unattractive. :confused:
Can't stand those. Disgusting.

I know some younger people (early 20s) who have them, and they are always the ones joining those "tattoo and piercing acceptance in the workplace" groups. Which i find odd. They want to look like that and expect ALL OF SOCIETY to change, rather than just THEM, ONE PERSON, accepting personal responsibility for the fact that people with butthole ears aren't getting a 2nd interview.

Idiots.

Mescal

#13 Post by Mescal » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
MYXYLPLYX wrote:Hmmm... at first when you said holes I thought of gauge.

Can't stand those. Disgusting.

I know some younger people (early 20s) who have them, and they are always the ones joining those "tattoo and piercing acceptance in the workplace" groups. Which i find odd. They want to look like that and expect ALL OF SOCIETY to change, rather than just THEM, ONE PERSON, accepting personal responsibility for the fact that people with butthole ears aren't getting a 2nd interview.

Idiots.
Yeah, I don't get this either???

Why ruin your ears like that. I mean, a tattoo can mean something and can be beautiful, some piercings can be too, ..... but to put such a thing through your ear, even knowing, that it'll never grow close again .... yeah well, to each his/her body

creep
Site Admin

#14 Post by creep » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 pm

having those things in your ears or tattoos on your neck is basically saying that you will be working at a coffee shop or a record store your entire life.

JOEinPHX

#15 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:16 pm

creep wrote:having those things in your ears or tattoos on your neck is basically saying that you will be working at a coffee shop or a record store your entire life.
Yeah, which is cool when you want to go out and party all night long with few consequences to your easy low-paying job for beer money and rent.

But as soon as they meet a girl who wants to settle down, have kids, etc... and they realize they can't do shit with their lives looking like that... that's when the funny happens. Suddenly a 20k a year job isn't enough and suddenly they don't understand why no one will hire them even though everyone in their social circle accepts them the way they are.

They get the "welcome to life" at 30 that they should have experienced at 20, except from 20-30 they were busy getting drunk, tattooed, and pierced. :lol:

nausearockpig

#16 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:47 am

no piercings. was always gonna get an earing but then lost interest and didn't see the point.

No ink. Never been into it, never liked it on girls. Can't see the point of it. I really don't get why anyone would get a tattoo in a spot where they can't see it, like on their back or the back of their neck etc..

have noticed a lot of girls with tats on their thighs - but on the front? what's that all about?

NYRexall

#17 Post by NYRexall » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:52 am

I once knew a girl who, in addition to tattoos all over her body, had a corset pierced into her back and three or four rings pierced into each side of her waist.

I don't understand that shit at all.

crater

#18 Post by crater » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:56 am

I have five tattoos. Three of which I want gone, because I no longer like the memories of the time, place, and people I was around when I got them. One of these days maybe I'll have them removed/covered up. One other I want gone because the work is just terrible.

I've had at various times - Both nipples pierced, tongue, left eyebrow and both ears stretched. I forgot the gauge, but thankfully it isn't noticeable that I've ever had that done. I've not had any of my piercings in for a few years now and only two have fully healed. The eyebrow and tongue.

Tyler Durden

#19 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:13 am

I had my ears pierced; haven't worn anything in them for YEARS. Would this count as "some holes" or "no holes"?

Tyler Durden

#20 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:19 am

creep wrote:having those things in your ears or tattoos on your neck is basically saying that you will be working at a coffee shop or a record store your entire life.
And considering record stores have basically gone the way of the dodo, all I have to say to them is "I'll have a pumpkin spice latte with low fat milk and no whip cream".

Essence_Smith

#21 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:30 am

I have three tats...two on my right forearm and one on my left bicep...I'm too cheap to pay for any more but I probably will get another for my birthday in a few weeks...and artist I know who worked for Marvel comics designed the bicep one so its unique and I love it...one I drew up myself...one is a flash tribal band which I still like...not into piercing at all though...I did pierce my own ear when I was 11 and in catholic school (cause I wanted to be a bad ass, lol) but I left it dry up like a week later...

In regards to other people with tats and piercings to each their own...I've seen people who can pull off the freakiest looking shit imaginable and I truly reserve no judgement...I've seen cute girls covered with tats & piercings and it works for them...I am the last dude who's gonna judge anyone based on appearance and superficial shit...as many people who've looked at me walk into a rock bar or club and judged me for being the one black guy in the whole joint or made assumptions, etc it'd be totally hypocritical of me to look at anyone and do the same...

Mescal

#22 Post by Mescal » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:32 am

Oh? So you aren't into rap music?

Essence_Smith

#23 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:44 am

Mescal wrote:Oh? So you aren't into rap music?
:hehe:
I have dealt with being called an Oreo, etc since I was a kid...I've definitely covered this ground before on these forums so I won't thread jack, but I love some good rap music as well as rock, jazz, blues etc etc etc...I was actually quite taken aback by the other thread where people weren't tactful enough to just say they didn't like tats on women, but went the step further of putting character judgements on it...if you don't tats and piercings on men or women that's fine, but going on to make generalizations about people's character, etc based on someone have em, or NOT having em is silly imo...

Tyler Durden

#24 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Essence_Smith wrote:I was actually quite taken aback by the other thread where people weren't tactful enough to just say they didn't like tats on women, but went the step further of putting character judgements on it...if you don't tats and piercings on men or women that's fine, but going on to make generalizations about people's character, etc based on someone have em, or NOT having em is silly imo...
If you are saying that if you saw this girl walking down the street, you wouldn't prejudge her character or form a generalization about her in your internal dialogue, you are full of shit.

For better or worse, we all make judgments and generalizations every day, whether we are cognizant of it or not.

Essence_Smith

#25 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:40 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:I was actually quite taken aback by the other thread where people weren't tactful enough to just say they didn't like tats on women, but went the step further of putting character judgements on it...if you don't tats and piercings on men or women that's fine, but going on to make generalizations about people's character, etc based on someone have em, or NOT having em is silly imo...
If you are saying that if you saw this girl walking down the street, you wouldn't prejudge her character or form a generalization about her in your internal dialogue, you are full of shit.

For better or worse, we all make judgments and generalizations every day, whether we are cognizant of it or not.
Of course its human nature to have it in your head...its a whole other matter to alter the way you would treat someone based on how they look or make an assumption about em...I give everyone respect until they give me a reason not to.

Case in point the other day I saw a woman who appeared to be a dope fiend approaching people asking for directions, and most people saw her and basically ran from her or ignored her...I stopped and asked her if she was ok and it turns out she was a schizophrenic who hadn't taken her meds in days and routinely gets lost when she doesn't...while I can't disagree with what you're saying to some extent, call me full of shit because first and foremost everyone is a human being in my eyes and that counts for more to me than anything...looks don't really tend to alter how I'll treat someone generally...