What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
thoreau

Re: What's annoying you today?

#3551 Post by thoreau » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:23 pm

kv wrote:damn sorry guys...but at the same time is a valuable life lesson to love em while they are here...because they won't be here forever....value every moment
You couldn't be more correct, KV.

Japhy

#3552 Post by Japhy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 pm

thoreau wrote:
Warped wrote:It is not the right thread for this but anyway feel the need to let you know ...after a short battle against cancer my mother died today peacefully with all the family around.
:sad:
Warped, my sincerest condolences to you and your family. Mothers only come around lives once, and they are painfully missed the rest of the time. You are greatly in my thoughts.

I hadn't posted about it here yet, but my mother passed away a few weeks ago after a four-year battle with cancer. I am happy she is not suffering through pain and frustration anymore, but the void I feel in my everyday life and soul has been immense. Guess that says a lot about her as a person. :nod:
For a little old message board loosely dedicated to a once great band, I have to say that it's quite wonderful how the above two posts sincerely moved me. Warped / Thoreau, my heart is truly with you both and your families. :heart: :heart:

thoreau

#3553 Post by thoreau » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Warped wrote:So true and sorry for your loss Thoreau.
Thanks, pal. Back atcha . :gh:

thoreau

#3554 Post by thoreau » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Japhy wrote:
thoreau wrote:
Warped wrote:It is not the right thread for this but anyway feel the need to let you know ...after a short battle against cancer my mother died today peacefully with all the family around.
Warped, my sincerest condolences to you and your family. Mothers only come around lives once, and they are painfully missed the rest of the time. You are greatly in my thoughts.

I hadn't posted about it here yet, but my mother passed away a few weeks ago after a four-year battle with cancer. I am happy she is not suffering through pain and frustration anymore, but the void I feel in my everyday life and soul has been immense. Guess that says a lot about her as a person. :nod:
For a little old message board loosely dedicated to a once great band, I have to say that it's quite wonderful how the above two posts sincerely moved me. Warped / Thoreau, my heart is truly with you both and your families. :heart: :heart:
Thanks much, Japhy.

We've got a good group of folks on this board.

Essence_Smith

#3555 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 am

Boss just dropped another big task on my desk an hour and a half before a big meeting...and this folks is why I started my own damn business... :mad:

Romeo

#3556 Post by Romeo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:53 am

I just read this {{{{HUG}}}}

I understand, my Mom died in 1992 after a short battle with cancer. I miss her everyday

Romeo

#3557 Post by Romeo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:54 am

thoreau wrote:
Japhy wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Thanks much, Japhy.

{{{{HUG}}}} :sad:

Sue

#3558 Post by Sue » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:15 pm

thoreau wrote:

Warped and Thoreau, my deepest condolences to you both. My mom is battling breast cancer, it's terrifying and sad.

:gh:

Essence_Smith

#3559 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Boss just dropped another big task on my desk an hour and a half before a big meeting...and this folks is why I started my own damn business... :mad:
And in further news...we just found out that the entire department is moving offices from this building to another a block away... :banghead:

Jasper

#3560 Post by Jasper » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Well, I was going to complain, but I see that people have recently lost their moms. Condolences to Warped, and condolences to Thoreau.

kv

#3561 Post by kv » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:08 pm

yeah damn...sorry to read the sad news folks....chins up...your heart continues to beat so don't stop living even in your tough times ahead

Juana

#3562 Post by Juana » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm happy though she got to pass on knowing that all that loved her were there. Live and love, live and love.

Juana

#3563 Post by Juana » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:29 pm

thoreau wrote:
Japhy wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Thanks much, Japhy.

I agree with the good group of folks and I also I'm sorry for your loss as well. Love and live, love and live.

Pandemonium

#3564 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:06 pm

To lighten this thread a bit, I can proudly report that I hastily put a shirt on inside out before taking my son to school this morning and didn't catch that sad fact until after I had spent 15 minutes talking to one of his teachers and the school administrator (who probably had a good laugh after I left).

Hype

#3565 Post by Hype » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Pandemonium wrote:To lighten this thread a bit, I can proudly report that I hastily put a shirt on inside out before taking my son to school this morning and didn't catch that sad fact until after I had spent 15 minutes talking to one of his teachers and the school administrator (who probably had a good laugh after I left).
Congratulations! You're officially an embarrassing dad. :thumb:

creep
Site Admin

#3566 Post by creep » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:52 pm

Pandemonium wrote:To lighten this thread a bit, I can proudly report that I hastily put a shirt on inside out before taking my son to school this morning and didn't catch that sad fact until after I had spent 15 minutes talking to one of his teachers and the school administrator (who probably had a good laugh after I left).
i once accidentally went to school with two different shoes on. needless to say i got teased.

Warped

#3567 Post by Warped » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:56 am

:gh: Thanks again to all here. So much appreciated.

I really have to deal with strong moments of sadness which come like an explosion and i realize more and more that i will never talk to her again...never. I still cannot accept that though i know it's true...

creep
Site Admin

#3568 Post by creep » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:04 pm

i called to cancel my obamacare coverage today effective 8/1 only to find out i was cancelled by them on 7/1 with no notification. thank you covered california our obama care provider. i guess i'm rolling the dice with no coverage for a month. :noclue:

Pandemonium

#3569 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:04 pm

creep wrote:i called to cancel my obamacare coverage today effective 8/1 only to find out i was cancelled by them on 7/1 with no notification. thank you covered california our obama care provider. i guess i'm rolling the dice with no coverage for a month. :noclue:
Welcome to government run health care.

creep
Site Admin

#3570 Post by creep » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:i called to cancel my obamacare coverage today effective 8/1 only to find out i was cancelled by them on 7/1 with no notification. thank you covered california our obama care provider. i guess i'm rolling the dice with no coverage for a month. :noclue:
Welcome to government run health care.
this isn't the only problem that i have had. many many problems. i was all for this in the beginning. it didn't take me long to change my mind.

Warped

#3571 Post by Warped » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:30 am

Wow, two weeks after my mom died.....

And my lovely brother already starts "fighting" for his heritage :no: :no:

I am shocked and sad.

Hype

#3572 Post by Hype » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Warped wrote:Wow, two weeks after my mom died.....

And my lovely brother already starts "fighting" for his heritage :no: :no:

I am shocked and sad.
I watched my parents go through that a few years back. Not fun. Try to keep calm about it all, if you can, Warped! Everyone grieves differently, and there's a lot of weird feeling and stress, especially if money is involved (I don't know if that's what you mean by 'heritage', but that's what it sounds like).

Jasper

#3573 Post by Jasper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:34 pm

A gigantic and potentially tornado-producing mega-storm is upon me. Insane thunder& lightning, torrents of rain, high winds.

Goodbye cruel board. :wavesad:

Artemis

#3574 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Arthur? I thought that storm already passed through your area over the weekend.

Be safe. :wave:
Make sure you have a good supply of wine.

Jasper

#3575 Post by Jasper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Jasper wrote:A gigantic and potentially tornado-producing mega-storm is upon me. Insane thunder& lightning, torrents of rain, high winds.

Goodbye cruel board. :wavesad:
Aaaaaaand it's passed. :banana: The worst of it basically glanced me. Knocked out my power for a bit, gutters overflowed and windows shook, but I was not welcomed into the sweet embrace of death.