What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: What's annoying you today?

#1176 Post by creep » Wed May 30, 2012 7:42 pm

i keep bringing up working with my boss but today while driving around he kept snorting and hawking up loogies. over and over. i wanted so bad to speed up and steer in to the other lane going 80mph. shit like that drives me crazy. when i interviewed for the job he was wearing shorts and i could see him scratching his balls under the desk. he also flicks dandruff off his shirts in to the car. i'm so happy i dropped him off at the airport today.

Larry B.

#1177 Post by Larry B. » Wed May 30, 2012 7:52 pm

creep wrote:i keep bringing up working with my boss but today while driving around he kept snorting and hawking up loogies. over and over. i wanted so bad to speed up and steer in to the other lane going 80mph. shit like that drives me crazy. when i interviewed for the job he was wearing shorts and i could see him scratching his balls under the desk. he also flicks dandruff off his shirts in to the car. i'm so happy i dropped him off at the airport today.
that's fucking disgusting.

mockbee

#1178 Post by mockbee » Thu May 31, 2012 10:51 pm

Our Memorial Day weekend was quite horrible and interesting and neat and infuriating...... We got a Kia Sol rental car from Enterprise and got within 20 miles of the B&B where we were staying north of Eureka when a ton of white smoke came out the front hood and the Kia Sol made a loud bang and shut down. I checked the oil and it was bone dry. Well I wonder what happened there. You drive 300 miles without oil, not good........ It was getting dark and luckily, or so we thought, I had reception on the iPhone and called Enterprise Rent a Car. They were of no help whatsover, I was on the phone for an hour and the lady at Enterprise Rent a Car could not find Eureka on a map and said we are out of their jurisdiction since they couldn't find Hwy 101 on a map. I think she was in England or Australia, judging by her knowledge and accent. A CHiP pulled up behind us as it was getting dark.......scroungy men with backpacks and guns were about ready to creep out of the woods, or so it seemed, we had been seeing them all day wandering around the towns and up and down the highway. He gave us a ride to the B&B, we sat in the back of the cop car and that was fun, and the next day Enterprise had no record of a call the night before but said they could get a car to us in 3 hours, great, we can continue with our holiday. After many, many calls and confusion a car showed up 25 hours later and it was then time to drive the 336 miles home. We saw nothing. (well, the innkeepers felt bad for us and dropped us off in the redwoods and came back for us 6 hours later) We drove home with another car............................ Get this, Creep you'll like this one, someone decided that it made most sense that the broken car be picked up near Eureka by a tow company from Crescent City (70 miles to the north) the man would have to then U-turn and drive back through Crescent City and to Medford, OR ( about 195 miles to the north) and exchange it for another car and drive back to us (another 132 miles to the south) A grand total of about 400 miles, with the genius plan starting around noon, not 8am when they opened, to replace a broken down car on a major north-south corridor in the most populous state in the US. When I learned their plan I was livid and 'Kim' in Michigan was very sorry and promised it would only take 3 hours for the whole transaction to take place, I told her that was impossible. 'Mat' in Maine and 'Donna' in Texas were also very sorry but they said there was only so much they could do. The tow truck driver was perplexed and dumbfounded by the plan and kept asking me if he should go forward with it. I wanted to say no, there had to be a better plan, but based on the incompetent nature up to that point, talking to Enterprise and Allstate (Enterprises insurance carrier) and some tow service distributor in Ohio with all their stories completely out of sync..... I said go for it. It took over twelve hours for it to be delivered and we drove home and I returned it and refused to pay for it and they said that was fine.....end of story.

Do not solicit Enterprise, and my suspicions are out on the Kia Sol, but without oil, most cars would not handle well.

Have a good evening.

mockbee.

JOEinPHX

#1179 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu May 31, 2012 11:46 pm

I put a Dr. Pepper in the freezer to get cold, forgot about it, and it froze solid.

My life is over.

nausearockpig

#1180 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:14 am

Six7Six7 wrote:I put a Dr. Pepper in the freezer to get cold, forgot about it, and it froze solid.

My life is over.
did it explode? that is seriously the worst thing ever..

creep
Site Admin

#1181 Post by creep » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:54 am

mockbee wrote:Our Memorial Day weekend was quite horrible and interesting and neat and infuriating...... We got a Kia Sol rental car from Enterprise and got within 20 miles of the B&B where we were staying north of Eureka when a ton of white smoke came out the front hood and the Kia Sol made a loud bang and shut down. I checked the oil and it was bone dry. Well I wonder what happened there. You drive 300 miles without oil, not good........ It was getting dark and luckily, or so we thought, I had reception on the iPhone and called Enterprise Rent a Car. They were of no help whatsover, I was on the phone for an hour and the lady at Enterprise Rent a Car could not find Eureka on a map and said we are out of their jurisdiction since they couldn't find Hwy 101 on a map. I think she was in England or Australia, judging by her knowledge and accent. A CHiP pulled up behind us as it was getting dark.......scroungy men with backpacks and guns were about ready to creep out of the woods, or so it seemed, we had been seeing them all day wandering around the towns and up and down the highway. He gave us a ride to the B&B, we sat in the back of the cop car and that was fun, and the next day Enterprise had no record of a call the night before but said they could get a car to us in 3 hours, great, we can continue with our holiday. After many, many calls and confusion a car showed up 25 hours later and it was then time to drive the 336 miles home. We saw nothing. (well, the innkeepers felt bad for us and dropped us off in the redwoods and came back for us 6 hours later) We drove home with another car............................ Get this, Creep you'll like this one, someone decided that it made most sense that the broken car be picked up near Eureka by a tow company from Crescent City (70 miles to the north) the man would have to then U-turn and drive back through Crescent City and to Medford, OR ( about 195 miles to the north) and exchange it for another car and drive back to us (another 132 miles to the south) A grand total of about 400 miles, with the genius plan starting around noon, not 8am when they opened, to replace a broken down car on a major north-south corridor in the most populous state in the US. When I learned their plan I was livid and 'Kim' in Michigan was very sorry and promised it would only take 3 hours for the whole transaction to take place, I told her that was impossible. 'Mat' in Maine and 'Donna' in Texas were also very sorry but they said there was only so much they could do. The tow truck driver was perplexed and dumbfounded by the plan and kept asking me if he should go forward with it. I wanted to say no, there had to be a better plan, but based on the incompetent nature up to that point, talking to Enterprise and Allstate (Enterprises insurance carrier) and some tow service distributor in Ohio with all their stories completely out of sync..... I said go for it. It took over twelve hours for it to be delivered and we drove home and I returned it and refused to pay for it and they said that was fine.....end of story.

Do not solicit Enterprise, and my suspicions are out on the Kia Sol, but without oil, most cars would not handle well.

Have a good evening.

mockbee.
that makes no sense. i'm sure that there is an enterprise in eureka. i never rent from them. the company creeps me out. they seem like a cult with their well dressed recent college graduate workers. they also give you the hard sell on the extra insurance and they walk you out to the car to inspect it. all that bothers me.

mockbee

#1182 Post by mockbee » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:21 am

They said they had to go to an airport location since, of course, their regular locations are not normally open on the weekends and closed memorial day..... :hs:
Arcata was the closest airport with a distributor. They said they sent someone there and no one was at the airport and they left. Which seemed pretty odd to me..... I just checked the Eureka/Arcata website and maybe this is why there was no one there in the middle of the day..... what idiots. If the first lady was on the ball we would have had a car the evening it broke down.

Airport Ticket Counter Hours:
Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. / 2:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. / 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. / 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

I demanded that I not pay ANY of their insurance, since I am covered by Visa. The girl then demanded I give her my personal carrier, I didn't need to, but I said Progressive and a $500 deductible, which is true...but I doubt my motorcycle insurance would cover a rental car......

Who do you rent from Creep? I used to go Hertz and they are fine, but now twice as expensive as the rest. I've not had any problems with Budget, but I would have had to go to SFO which would have been far out of my way to go north.... I don't touch those cheap ones like Advantage or Payless or Fox.....

Hype

#1183 Post by Hype » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 am

That is brutal, Mockbee.

I rented from Hertz a little while ago out in Eastern Canada and it went really well. Very cheap, a nice new Nissan Sentra, etc.

But looking up ONE-WAY rentals... that's a whole different story... no company seems to make it easy to rent a car in one town and return it in another. :confused:

I did have a decent time with Uhaul about 8 months ago. They ran out of the smaller panel vans so I drove a 17' truck for the same price... that was kind of... nuts. Then trying to return it was a little sketchy but the people on the phone were helpful. :noclue:

perkana

#1184 Post by perkana » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:46 am

I fucking hate this weather (weather channel site says it's 77°F, but it feels hotter inside, outside it's worse)...I'm glad I'm not working at home today.

creep
Site Admin

#1185 Post by creep » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:13 am

mockbee wrote:They said they had to go to an airport location since, of course, their regular locations are not normally open on the weekends and closed memorial day..... :hs:
Arcata was the closest airport with a distributor. They said they sent someone there and no one was at the airport and they left. Which seemed pretty odd to me..... I just checked the Eureka/Arcata website and maybe this is why there was no one there in the middle of the day..... what idiots. If the first lady was on the ball we would have had a car the evening it broke down.

Airport Ticket Counter Hours:
Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. / 2:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. / 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. / 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

I demanded that I not pay ANY of their insurance, since I am covered by Visa. The girl then demanded I give her my personal carrier, I didn't need to, but I said Progressive and a $500 deductible, which is true...but I doubt my motorcycle insurance would cover a rental car......

Who do you rent from Creep? I used to go Hertz and they are fine, but now twice as expensive as the rest. I've not had any problems with Budget, but I would have had to go to SFO which would have been far out of my way to go north.... I don't touch those cheap ones like Advantage or Payless or Fox.....
hertz is a little more expensive but i always use them for work because i do their "#1 club" thing where i don't have to go to the counter. the car is waiting for me with the keys in it. work pays so price isn't an issue.

when i rent on my own i have really great luck with the "name your own price" on priceline. i usually get cars for about 40% off and they are usually through thrifty or budget. last year in hawaii i got a car for $30 a day and the cheapest i could find was $60 through regular sites. they also do one way car rentals. priceline works great for hotel rooms too. i think artemis had good luck using them when she went to san francisco.

farrellgirl99

#1186 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:38 am

I lost my camera yesterday and it was one of those things where it makes absolutely no sense that it was lost. That always bugs me more than losing something. Guess I'm out $200 :no:

JOEinPHX

#1187 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:51 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:I put a Dr. Pepper in the freezer to get cold, forgot about it, and it froze solid.

My life is over.
Nope. Just frozen.

creep
Site Admin

#1188 Post by creep » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

My life is over.
Nope. Just frozen.
i hope you are having a better day today.

Hype

#1189 Post by Hype » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah, and did you ever get to drink it?! The world needs to know!!!

JOEinPHX

#1190 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Don't worry guys, i put it in front of my space heater and thawed it right out.

Although then i forgot about it there and it ended up being room temperature anyways.

Life is hard :cona:

SR

#1191 Post by SR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Having an infected cyst cut out only to have it get worse today after 2 days of antibiotics. Streaking and concerned it's entering bloodstream. Tired, hot and cold and big pain

mockbee

#1192 Post by mockbee » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:59 pm

SR wrote:Having an infected cyst cut out only to have it get worse today after 2 days of antibiotics. Streaking and concerned it's entering bloodstream. Tired, hot and cold and big pain
What about Hawaii?? :sad:

Artemis

#1193 Post by Artemis » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:01 pm

SR wrote:Having an infected cyst cut out only to have it get worse today after 2 days of antibiotics. Streaking and concerned it's entering bloodstream. Tired, hot and cold and big pain
That doesn't sound good, SR. Are you going back to the doctor or emergancy room to check on it??

Hope you feel better...take care of yourself.

SR

#1194 Post by SR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:06 pm

mockbee wrote:
What about Hawaii?? :sad:
No presently. I had committed to janes in sd with my son. Now that's in peril

SR

#1195 Post by SR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Artemis wrote:
That doesn't sound good, SR. Are you going back to the doctor or emergancy room to check on it??

Yes tomorrow at 11. Fevers going up too. I feel like shit. 800 ml motrin are doing nada

mockbee

#1196 Post by mockbee » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm

SR wrote:
Artemis wrote:

Yes tomorrow at 11. Fevers going up too. I feel like shit. 800 ml motrin are doing nada
Get to the hospital SR if you are getting worse.

Wishing you the best......

mockbee

JOEinPHX

#1197 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 pm

yeah don't die just to see Jane's Addiction. They'll probably break up at the end of this tour, but they will be back in 3 years to cash in again.

perkana

#1198 Post by perkana » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:06 am

I think that I've finally reached the age in which you start sentences with "This had never happened to me before..."...or I talk about my illnesses and meds I'm taking with my friends. First time I cancel a night out due to a friend's illness and me being tired as hell :sad:

perkana

#1199 Post by perkana » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:07 am

mockbee wrote:
SR wrote:
Artemis wrote:

Get to the hospital SR if you are getting worse.

Wishing you the best......

mockbee
oh fuck, hope you're better SR :gh:

creep
Site Admin

#1200 Post by creep » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:28 am

i agreed to host a baby shower at my house today. :conf:

it's a guy throwing it...guys don't do that do they? i'm pretty sure the guy is just looking for gifts.