Sonny, 4th Member

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Jasper

Re: Sonny, 4th Member

#26 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:58 pm

OK, dad! It's super awesome when you come around because your superior level of maturity is so amply demonstrated by your obsessive need to chastise people on an internet forum, and your complete lack of any other dimension of character.

:bored:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#27 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:13 pm

:banana:

Bandit72

#28 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Now now children.

SR

#29 Post by SR » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Well, I thought it would be interesting to hear Sonny as a regular poster.

I guess I have back when the sites ran simultaniously....but it's a different era for Janes and such.

I, for one, have no hard feelings whatsoever. I barely have any feelings left after the surgury though. :noclue:

Essence_Smith

#30 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Jasper wrote:OK, dad! It's super awesome when you come around because your superior level of maturity is so amply demonstrated by your obsessive need to chastise people on an internet forum, and your complete lack of any other dimension of character.

:bored:
As a matter of fact I am a proud father...and fairly mature most of the time...no one was chastising anyone, if you choose to see it that way, good for you...again, the good outweighed the way the fun ended at xiola...regardless of how people feel about how he chose to close up shop, imo the bottom line should always be the fact that you and I very likely wouldn't even be having this wonderful discourse if not for Sonny keeping that board going for that long...I think its perfectly fine to remind people of that...

Essence_Smith

#31 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Jasper wrote:Oh goodie, sheriff douchebag ES shows up after a long drought when he senses there is some chastisement to be done. He was even good enough to start a thread correcting the people who wrongly reacted to an earthquake. Thank goodness he was around to set everyone straight. Gosh, I hope he doesn't leave again too soon.
:lol:
You must have been reading with your dickhead goggles on again...the thread was a joke about people overreacting...christ on a bike...shit like this is why Sonny pulled the goddamned plug...now that I've been "baited" and responded to your posts you can definitely have your toy back kiddo...

Jasper

#32 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Don't worry, I regard everything that you write as a joke.

Anyways, tell us, do you wear a badge in the bedroom? That seems like some role-playing that would really get you off.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#33 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:shit like this is why Sonny pulled the goddamned plug

Nah, nope. No it wasn't. If it was it played an extremely small part.

The name calling is a bit ridiculous though. On both parts. You're both long time, valued posters and I'd hope there'd be some level of mutual respect there.

How about we avoid a flame war?

And I'm not really speaking as an admin here but as a member that cringes seeing conversation devolve in to name calling.

MYXYLPLYX

#34 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm

hokahey wrote: as a member that cringes seeing conversation devolve in to name calling.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#35 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:40 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
hokahey wrote: as a member that cringes seeing conversation devolve in to name calling.
Don't quote me asshole.

Larry B.

#36 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:48 pm

hokahey wrote:
MYXYLPLYX wrote:
Don't fuck my asshole.

creep
Site Admin

#37 Post by creep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:56 pm

:lolol: maybe it's a character flaw but i love this shit

MYXYLPLYX

#38 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:59 pm

hokahey wrote:
MYXYLPLYX wrote:
Don't quote me asshole.

MYXYLPLYX

#39 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 pm

creep wrote::lolol: maybe it's a character flaw
This.

Jasper

#40 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 pm

creep wrote::lolol: maybe it's a character flaw but i love this shit
You're just giddy because the new record's about to drop.

creep
Site Admin

#41 Post by creep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:10 pm

when i say something bothers me then people do it...it no longer bothers me.

Jasper

#42 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:15 pm

creep wrote:when i say something bothers me then people do it...it no longer bothers me.

Really? OK, cool, because this is your next girlfriend's toilet:

Actually, that image was too fucking gross, but you can imagine.

:jasper: :tiphat:

creep
Site Admin

#43 Post by creep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:22 pm

:lol: i forgot i posted that. i should probably self censor myself more.

Essence_Smith

#44 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:54 pm

hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:shit like this is why Sonny pulled the goddamned plug

Nah, nope. No it wasn't. If it was it played an extremely small part.

The name calling is a bit ridiculous though. On both parts. You're both long time, valued posters and I'd hope there'd be some level of mutual respect there.

How about we avoid a flame war?

And I'm not really speaking as an admin here but as a member that cringes seeing conversation devolve in to name calling.
I can only speculate as to Sonny's motivations but we all know he was tired of running the site for a long time and the overall hostility among members didn't help the situation at all... I appreciate a good joke and don't mind the here an there ribbing once in a while but I don't think I go out of my way to start up shit...it ain't that serious but I've ALWAYS been a strong advocate of us just trying to be civil...some apparently take issue with that... :noclue:

But if I were to threaten suicide and and rant and rave about the most asinine things imaginable...some would definitely be on board... :lol:
Anywho...carry on, have fun and be good... :essence:
:laugh:

MYXYLPLYX

#45 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 pm

creep wrote:when i say something bothers me then people do it...it no longer bothers me.
QFE

:noclue:
:sulk:

SR

#46 Post by SR » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Puke or excretions of any sort remain offensive when observed, but if you are creep and getting laid....well :wink:

sonny

#47 Post by sonny » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 am

Six7Six7 wrote:i don't think we should let him in after he destroyed years worth of our threads.

His burning the house down analogy was correct, except it was more like an apartment building that he owned.

"Hey guys, sorry i burned down the building and all of your stuff with it, can i crash on your couch?"

NO.
it's not yr stuff. it never was. it's no different than facebook/myspace/twitter etc. you don't own that shit, they do.

this is why i never took donations. people give $20 and suddenly they think they can be a mod or make decisions for the site.

at best, you gotta hope the owner will listen to you and take care of the site you post on. i did that for 10 years.

it'll be ok, you don't always have to hate. sometimes a change can be good regardless of hurt you are about the change.

sonny

#48 Post by sonny » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:09 am

SR wrote:Sonny, what are yr thoughts on the new album?
it's gonna suck, that's clear. i'd be willing to bet "irresistible force" is there bet foot forward. i think people are gonna look fondly at strays, after this album is released.

creep
Site Admin

#49 Post by creep » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 am

since when did sonny become the fourth member? i thought it was the fifth.

i'm willing to bet that most people will like this album better than strays. we will see.

Deconstruction

#50 Post by Deconstruction » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 pm

sonny wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:i don't think we should let him in after he destroyed years worth of our threads.

His burning the house down analogy was correct, except it was more like an apartment building that he owned.

"Hey guys, sorry i burned down the building and all of your stuff with it, can i crash on your couch?"

NO.
it's not yr stuff. it never was. it's no different than facebook/myspace/twitter etc. you don't own that shit, they do.

this is why i never took donations. people give $20 and suddenly they think they can be a mod or make decisions for the site.

at best, you gotta hope the owner will listen to you and take care of the site you post on. i did that for 10 years.

it'll be ok, you don't always have to hate. sometimes a change can be good regardless of hurt you are about the change.
Bullshit, Facebook and Twitter have millions of members. Xiola was a community with about 50-100 (this is a wild guestimate) active members. It was our stuff and posts, all of us, including you. If Xiola was solely a news site with up to the minute Jane's news posted by you everyday, it would be you putting tons of work into it and your voice would be the main/sole voice, in that case you pulling it down without warning would at least be somewhat understandable. It was a message board that we were all part of collectively.

Also, what decisions? In the 3 years or so I went on the Xiola board I only remember Larry being banned, it's not like you were moderating posts like Mike does on JA.org, there wasn't a ton of moderation. The only real changes I saw to the board were "the foreskin of jane's addiction" and "jane's addiction is dead."