NCAAF

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
SR

Re: NCAAF

#326 Post by SR » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Unintelligeable as always. But we have a shot at Oregon. Sc doesn't. #stillalive

kv

#327 Post by kv » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:52 pm

stay classy...grats to your kid

fuck just remembered next week is USC vs ND...FUCK i cant watch that...so my ncaa season is now over...gogo shitty bowl games meh

SR

#328 Post by SR » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:28 am

:lolol: wow, just wow.

kv

#329 Post by kv » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:46 pm

What are you going on about now?

kv

#330 Post by kv » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Hundley going pro...as he prob should he looks ready

kv

#331 Post by kv » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:41 pm

And that's that

SR

#332 Post by SR » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Looked like Sc last week. Oh well, GO OREGON!!!!

Juana

#333 Post by Juana » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:24 am

'Zona baby! though they will likely lose but for once I'm proud of both the basketball and football teams of my alums :lol: :lolol: Also LOLOOLOLOLOL aft fUCLA shitting the bed.

kv

#334 Post by kv » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:55 am

Ya id talk more shit but I expected them to choke...they really aren't that good....just like USC...but they think just playing and beating us is everything...when they've done nothing

SR

#335 Post by SR » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:15 am

Bruins handled it with class and dignity. Hundley shouldn't have announced this week. He seemed apathetic to me, or at least anemic.

mockbee

#336 Post by mockbee » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:13 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OREGON!

Beat those wildcats into oblivion. I hate them.

Make this officially one of the best days of my life. :rockon:

mockbee

#337 Post by mockbee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:41 pm

:rockon:

:banana:

Cut down the dumb motion penalties and stay on their game and I see a real possibility this year! .......dare I say. :scared:

Oh... and that had to wrap up the Heisman for Mariota. :bigrin:

kv

#338 Post by kv » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:00 pm

agreed

grats on that pac 12 title...one of my fav teams in the pac (aside from SC) i hate any zona school...knew the pac was yours weeks ago...now go win that chip

really hoping tcu can hold their spot in the show

creep
Site Admin

#339 Post by creep » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:04 pm

it's so much better this year with a playoff. it will make me watch at least one more game than i normally would.

mockbee

#340 Post by mockbee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:13 am

blurg.....

Didn't want to face FSU first, but didn't really see a way around that. Mostly because I can't stand that team and everything they stand for. I respect that they are good, just would make it more miserable if we lost. If we beat them though, it will make it sweeter.

kv

#341 Post by kv » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:59 pm

i've wanted this playoff ( a 4 team) my entire fucking life because i always said the team who will get fucked at 5th wasn't gonna deserve it anyway....but fuck tcu deserved it...fucking big 12 choked..lets see how fast they fix this co champion shit now that their "co" champs cost one of them a shot...i knew osu would sneak in

thoreau

#342 Post by thoreau » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:07 pm

mockbee wrote:blurg.....

Didn't want to face FSU first, but didn't really see a way around that. Mostly because I can't stand that team and everything they stand for. I respect that they are good, just would make it more miserable if we lost. If we beat them though, it will make it sweeter.
I am sorry you (and apparently the rest of the nation) cannot stand us. I look forward to the contest. :tiphat:

mockbee

#343 Post by mockbee » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:50 pm

thoreau wrote:

I am sorry you (and apparently the rest of the nation) cannot stand us. I look forward to the contest. :tiphat:

You seem like a real stand-up guy, I just don't like your team in general.

Just curious, does the whole mascot, and/or off field/police pardoning issues bother you at all, or do you see those as way overblown?

Looking forward to it as well. :tiphat:

thoreau

#344 Post by thoreau » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:25 pm

mockbee wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Just curious, does the whole mascot, and/or off field/police pardoning issues bother you at all, or do you see those as way overblown?

Thank you, sir. No worries.

I've got my foot in the university as I attended there and have worked in FSU for over a decade now.

The mascot does not bother me as the Seminole Tribe of Florida fully supports and endorses it. All of the clothes that "Osceola" wears are all accurate tribal wear and actually made by the tribe. I do not think that present FSU treats the mascot (they actually call him a symbol. FSU's mascot for anything other than football is a horse named Cimarron.)in a disrespectful manner at all. It is a tradition that the University is incredibly serious about. My wife is Native American (Choctaw, not a Caucasian claiming their 1/16 Native lineage) and thinks it is done in a respectful manner as well. We would be the first ones against it if it was disrespectful to the tribe.

The off field issues are a different story. I have a large problem with the manner in which things have been handled (especially by the inept Tallahassee Police Department) and think a disciplinary overhaul needs to be set in the offseason. It gets to where it is just embarrassing for the University, being that the majority of the public know it as a football school, not the world class research institute it is. I also think that while given we've had some definite disciplinary issues this season (Man, I miss a few seasons ago, even with the National Championship), the media has created a witch hunt that jumps on any story as fact, no matter how questionable the credibility is.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit terrified for the Bowl. Best of luck to you Ducks.

PS - Cimarron, for those curious Image

mockbee

#345 Post by mockbee » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:34 pm

That's all very interesting and impacts my perspective on the school. :wave:

I still cringe when I see fans in "indian" garb, but interesting to hear that the tribe supports FSU's representations, which is the most important consideration.

I do like our chances, just you never know until game day..... :rockon:

Juana

#346 Post by Juana » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:40 pm

mockbee wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Congrats to your Ducks dude! I know I have talked a lot of shit over the years but Marcus and co look poised this season and he's a good kid so I hope he wins the Heisman.

mockbee

#347 Post by mockbee » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Juana wrote:
mockbee wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Congrats to your Ducks dude! I know I have talked a lot of shit over the years but Marcus and co look poised this season and he's a good kid so I hope he wins the Heisman.
Hey thanks! :banana: :wave:

This should be our year for sure. It will be tough, but if we don't do it, it won't happen for a while without Mariota.

I remember going to games in the 80s and they would let you in for free after half time because the stadium would only be a third full.... times sure have changed. :lol:

thoreau

#348 Post by thoreau » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:54 am

mockbee wrote:That's all very interesting and impacts my perspective on the school. :wave:

I still cringe when I see fans in "indian" garb, but interesting to hear that the tribe supports FSU's representations, which is the most important consideration.

I do like our chances, just you never know until game day..... :rockon:
I'm glad your perspective has been somewhat shifted. :bigrin:

Oh, I am with you. I cringe at most Indian garb from fans as well. We sadly have a good bit of that at games from select fraternities and sororities on campus. Nothing like watching a plastered well-to-do frat brother stumble around in his combo of popped collar pastel polo shirt and headdress. :essence:

You guys definitely have the edge this season with Marcus, but I still have faith we can pull it out. We'll see! :thumb:

thoreau

#349 Post by thoreau » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:56 am

Juana wrote:
mockbee wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Agreed. Mariota and crew are the scariest bunch, imo. I hope he wins the Heisman as well. No question that he deserves it.

SR

#350 Post by SR » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:53 am