What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
guysmiley

Re: What made your day today?

#351 Post by guysmiley » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:26 am

krakle wrote:
guysmiley wrote:recorded audio for a video game. Took a lot of editing. Something new for sure.
where's the link?
It was just dialog, and the game isn't out yet. Some cheesy online game.

Warped

#352 Post by Warped » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:24 am

My son entering our bedroom this morning when my hubby and i just finished.... :boobs:
"Isn't it enough now you two?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
(first time he "saw us" doing it, normally we are pretty careful when he is anywhere near our room or when we are not sure whether he is sleeping or not)

That was great, i am still laughing at that one :lolol:

Larry B.

#353 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 am

:lol: :lol:

If I had a nickel for every time I heard my parents having sex, I could retire today and live happily ever after.

crater

#354 Post by crater » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:22 pm

The UFC.com site just got hacked which I'm assuming is because the UFC came out in support of SOPA

Warped

#355 Post by Warped » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Today, 15 years ago i got married. :rockon: :love: :drink: :yeay: What a great day that was, lovely marriage ceremony, dinner with friends and family in a old romantic castle, afterwards me and the hubby in a hotel suite .... :heart:

Artemis

#356 Post by Artemis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:13 am

Happy Anniversary! :cheers:

SR

#357 Post by SR » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:07 am

:agree: , yup happy anniversary! Funny and sweet story about yr kiddos critique!

Warped

#358 Post by Warped » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks guys! Off to dinner in an hour. :cheers:

perkana

#359 Post by perkana » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Warped wrote:Today, 15 years ago i got married. :rockon: :love: :drink: :yeay: What a great day that was, lovely marriage ceremony, dinner with friends and family in a old romantic castle, afterwards me and the hubby in a hotel suite .... :heart:

Isn't that "Sleeping Beauty's" castle? It looks a lot like it. I loved that place

Hype

#360 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:51 pm

perkana wrote:
Warped wrote:Today, 15 years ago i got married. :rockon: :love: :drink: :yeay: What a great day that was, lovely marriage ceremony, dinner with friends and family in a old romantic castle, afterwards me and the hubby in a hotel suite .... :heart:

Isn't that "Sleeping Beauty's" castle? It looks a lot like it. I loved that place
If you mean the one at Disneyland, I thought that was based on Neuschwanstein:

But that one looks more intimate and gothy.

Warped

#361 Post by Warped » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 pm

It's a castle near Duesseldorf. Surrounded by water. On our wedding there was this big fog outside and it was a bit gothic-like but very romantic. I love it. And i never wanted to get married in summer like anyone else. I also wanted to marry a twen - a week later my hubby got 30 so we had to hurry up a bit. :lol:

I have to admit i've never been to Neuschwanstein.

Larry B.

#362 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:40 am

Warped wrote: I have to admit i've never been to Neuschwanstein.
Go! I loved it :bigrin:

Hype

#363 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:43 am

Larry B. wrote:
It was really cool. I have to say that I liked Dusseldorf more, as a town, though. Bavaria just wasn't my style I guess. Probably the Catholicism. :lol:

Artemis

#364 Post by Artemis » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:49 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
It was really cool. I have to say that I liked Dusseldorf more, as a town, though. Bavaria just wasn't my style I guess. Probably the Catholicism. :lol:
I went to quie a few places in germany, but never to Bavaria. :hs:

-Berlin
-Frankfurt
-Bremen
-Hanover
-Dresden
-Hamburg
-Köln

Some small towns too, but I do not recall the names right now.

Hype

#365 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:30 am

Artemis wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
I went to quie a few places in germany, but never to Bavaria. :hs:

-Berlin
-Frankfurt
-Bremen
-Hanover
-Dresden
-Hamburg
-Köln

Some small towns too, but I do not recall the names right now.
I went all over (I can't believe it was 5 and a half years ago...!) Frankfurt am Main, Bonn, Trier, Freiburg im Breisgau, München, Füßen, Oberammergau, Leipzig, Hamburg, Berlin, Düsseldorf, and Köln. My favourite places were the last three. I guess they have a lot of money, whereas the South/East of the country is much poorer. :noclue:

Warped

#366 Post by Warped » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 am

The east of the country is way poorer but you cannot say that for the South in general. Frankfurt/Main i.e. is a bankers town.

Duesseldorf is a rich city with a reputation for art and fashion. Some places are flooded with overly rich people but you can also find a lot middle-class people and the usual "slum" parts in this city. I live in a very rural part of the city close to the Rhine river. Mostly agriculture here. Nice place to live especially with a family.
But what i really hate is that you never get the bands i like to play here. We only have one oversized soccer arena for superheros like Bryan Adams :no: Madonna :balls: Bon Jovi and those jerks. :no:
Cologne is way better musicwise, they have so many lovely clubs and theaters and middle-sized venues, so usually i have to travel over there to see my fave bands (so as for JA in 2003). Otherwise i don't like Cologne that much. It's too big and crowded. And dirty.

Hype

#367 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 am

Warped wrote:The east of the country is way poorer but you cannot say that for the South in general. Frankfurt/Main i.e. is a bankers town.

Duesseldorf is a rich city with a reputation for art and fashion. Some places are flooded with overly rich people but you can also find a lot middle-class people and the usual "slum" parts in this city. I live in a very rural part of the city close to the Rhine river. Mostly agriculture here. Nice place to live especially with a family.
But what i really hate is that you never get the bands i like to play here. We only have one oversized soccer arena for superheros like Bryan Adams :no: Madonna :balls: Bon Jovi and those jerks. :no:
Cologne is way better musicwise, they have so many lovely clubs and theaters and middle-sized venues, so usually i have to travel over there to see my fave bands (so as for JA in 2003). Otherwise i don't like Cologne that much. It's too big and crowded. And dirty.
Yeah, I should have just said East... I meant to include only the eastern part of the South. Frankfurt had way too many Starbucks locations. :lol:

Köln was great as a tourist (probably better if you're gay... lol), but probably wouldn't be great to live in. I absolutely detested Munich -- what a terrible, ugly, garrish city. The only redeeming feature of it was the Bier Kellars -- best food I had was in Bavaria, by far, but the people and the cities were just not my thing.

Japhy

#368 Post by Japhy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I coach a kids football team here in the UK... we won the league today. I've had them since they were 5 years old and it's fair to say that today was one of the best days of my life. I was, and am so, so proud of them.

Matz

#369 Post by Matz » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:21 pm

that's great, congratulations :cheers:

creep
Site Admin

#370 Post by creep » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Japhy wrote:I coach a kids football team here in the UK... we won the league today. I've had them since they were 5 years old and it's fair to say that today was one of the best days of my life. I was, and am so, so proud of them.
it's soccer not football. please get it right.

Larry B.

#371 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:02 am

Japhy wrote:I coach a kids football team here in the UK... we won the league today. I've had them since they were 5 years old and it's fair to say that today was one of the best days of my life. I was, and am so, so proud of them.
Wow, that must feel great! Congratulations, you can tell them that in the faraway country of Chile, home of great unknown players such as Arturo Vidal and Alexis Sánchez, there is a guy who admires them. Can you reveal the name of your team?

:rockon: :rockon: :bday:

perkana

#372 Post by perkana » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm the awesome cool auntie loved by my nieces :love: I can't do any wrong with them, how cool is that?

Japhy

#373 Post by Japhy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Wow, that must feel great! Congratulations, you can tell them that in the faraway country of Chile, home of great unknown players such as Arturo Vidal and Alexis Sánchez, there is a guy who admires them. Can you reveal the name of your team?

:rockon: :rockon: :bday:
Yep, it's Gunthorpe Harriers. The club has a number of teams at different age groups; mine is the under-10's. When the final whistle went yesterday, the feeling was just fantastic! Cheers for the congratulations Larry, and you too Matz. Creep, we'll have to agree to disagree! I absolutely love your football, but i love ours more!

Matz

#374 Post by Matz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:28 pm

just won a signed by David Gilmour copy of Pink Floyd's Division Bell. Only cost me 82 pounds! I love that man

perkana

#375 Post by perkana » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Don't know if any of you know, I know I've told some people on here not sure though, but I've been having problems with my phd. First, I had a rift with my former tutor which led me to find a new one and me changing thesis project (I was in my third year). Last semester I still had 2 professors as advisors (from last project) in a comittee and they were pretty much douchebags because they couldn't believe I had found a way out so I didn't pass their evaluation, but the new ones passed me and since they were majority, I passed the semester. Today, I finally got rid of them. So I couldn't be happier :cheers: