What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Matz

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4276 Post by Matz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:50 am

Dave is shutting down all social media except twitter!? wtf? never thought he'd do something like that. i'm gonna miss some of it

creep
Site Admin

#4277 Post by creep » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Matz wrote:Dave is shutting down all social media except twitter!? wtf? never thought he'd do something like that. i'm gonna miss some of it
cool by me. twitter is the only social media platform i enjoy.

Everybody's Friend

#4278 Post by Everybody's Friend » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Matz wrote:Dave is shutting down all social media except twitter!? wtf? never thought he'd do something like that. i'm gonna miss some of it
I give him two weeks - he'll wither and die without 24/7 attention

kv

#4279 Post by kv » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:06 pm

creep wrote:
cool by me. twitter is the only social media platform i enjoy.
Same

creep
Site Admin

#4280 Post by creep » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:13 pm

i remember sonny was a twitter early adopter and was saying good things about it. i didn't understand it and with everything i don't understand i thought it was stupid. sonny was such the visionary. :conf:

perkana

#4281 Post by perkana » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:13 am

Waiting... :waits:

mockbee

#4282 Post by mockbee » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:32 pm

It keeps on shaking..........and shaking............and shaking.............does anyone else feel the shaking......? :scared:

Kind of like TV could topple, or like on those shaking dumbo rides they had in the supermarket.... but not like duck and cover shaking.......

There is no wind outside, sometimes the building shakes in the wind.

The earth is angry, or just has some bad indigestion...... :noclue:

perkana

#4283 Post by perkana » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:09 am

Patricia hurricane will be hitting one of my favorite towns later today. The high and low risk zones have already been evacuated. Hoping it will not be a 5 category hurricane when it hits.

perkana

#4284 Post by perkana » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:10 am

Patricia is a "small" storm — the most powerful winds don't extend very far beyond its eye, perhaps only about 30 or 40 miles. It's similar in size to Hurricane Andrew, a devastating but compact hurricane that walloped South Florida in 1992. Also, the storm surge from Patricia might not be as bad given the rapid intensification. Still, later Friday, it will smack Mexico very, very hard; rain, flooding and mudslides threaten to be the biggest killer.

This is an El Niño event. The storm's rapid intensification is fueled primarily by one thing: very warm ocean waters — 87 degrees where it swirls above. Not only that but the warm waters are very deep, adding more fuel.

The number of Category 5 hurricanes in the Pacific basin has been impressive this year, but not unprecedented. Meteorologists and other climate watchers are already asking: "Is Hurricane Patricia what global warming looks like?"

Recall suggestion for addition of Category 6 to Saffir Simpson scale? If extrapolated further, Hurricane #Patricia would be Category 7.
— Ryan Maue (@RyanMaue) October 23, 2015
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... e-patricia

creep
Site Admin

#4285 Post by creep » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:28 pm

looks pretty scary

mockbee

#4286 Post by mockbee » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:33 pm

perkana wrote:Patricia hurricane will be hitting one of my favorite towns later today. The high and low risk zones have already been evacuated. Hoping it will not be a 5 category hurricane when it hits.

Whoa...... My college roomate is stuck in Puerto Vallarta, no way out in time. Currently looking like it's compact and tracking a little south of PV though. :scared:

Calm before the storm. If anyone's looking for us we will be riding out this category 5 hurricane right in the path of the eye.

perkana

#4287 Post by perkana » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:46 pm

This is in Acapulco (I've stayed at the hotel where the cam is). Those waves look really scary...

The only good news is that here has been a very nice sunny day. We really dodged the bullet.
P.S. I can't watch the embedded video, but it works when you watch it directly on youtube.

perkana

#4288 Post by perkana » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:54 am

This has been annoying me a bit. There's a new douchebag with whom I have to share a cubicle. Since I've been writing mostly these days or doing some paperwork, I don’t have to deal with him that much, so I keep telling myself that I shouldn't waste my time. He calls me a degrading name (mamacita, which makes me feel like beating the crap out of him) and annoys me/distracts me with his talk about his love life (I've only seen him like 3 or 4 times tops). I feel so uncomfortable and now his assholish son will be there too. I keep telling myself that I only have to hang in there until January, when I'm done with paperwork and my final exam.

nausearockpig

#4289 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:22 pm

perkana wrote:This has been annoying me a bit. There's a new douchebag with whom I have to share a cubicle. Since I've been writing mostly these days or doing some paperwork, I don’t have to deal with him that much, so I keep telling myself that I shouldn't waste my time. He calls me a degrading name (mamacita, which makes me feel like beating the crap out of him) and annoys me/distracts me with his talk about his love life (I've only seen him like 3 or 4 times tops). I feel so uncomfortable and now his assholish son will be there too. I keep telling myself that I only have to hang in there until January, when I'm done with paperwork and my final exam.

ewwww...
buy some smack, put it at the back of one of his drawers then call the cops. done.

perkana

#4290 Post by perkana » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:23 pm

He asked me for my number to just say "hello". I suck at saying no asshole, I won't give you my number. I gave him a wrong one :lol: He dialed it and told me if you see so so number on your phone, it's me. Cynical, dirty guy, I tell you. Your advice sounds great. I picked up all my stuff today because neither him nor his son seem to respect other people's stuff.

kv

#4291 Post by kv » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:44 pm

women you hate the guy...but lead him on by giving him "your" number...when if you had been blunt this could be behind you :noclue:

perkana

#4292 Post by perkana » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:43 pm

kv wrote:women you hate the guy...but lead him on by giving him "your" number...when if you had been blunt this could be behind you :noclue:
No, because he caught me off guard. When I'm caught off guard, I always give a wrong number. When he dials and sees it's wrong, I will let him know that I don't want to give him my number. Unfortunately, I will have to deal with him next week. I'll let you know. I predict me avoiding him all week :lol:
P.S. And this is a major douchebag, he has told me that he has a partner and 3 gfs.

farrellgirl99

#4293 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:45 am

perkana wrote:
kv wrote:women you hate the guy...but lead him on by giving him "your" number...when if you had been blunt this could be behind you :noclue:
No, because he caught me off guard. When I'm caught off guard, I always give a wrong number. When he dials and sees it's wrong, I will let him know that I don't want to give him my number. Unfortunately, I will have to deal with him next week. I'll let you know. I predict me avoiding him all week :lol:
P.S. And this is a major douchebag, he has told me that he has a partner and 3 gfs.
it might not have been the case here, but often if you meet a guy (most likely a stranger at a bar, etc) who asks for your number, women might give a wrong number to appease the guy and not create conflict. if you refuse, a guy might get aggressive or make you more uncomfortable i.e. "why are you being such a bitch? i just want to get to know you". this is same logic why women will say they have a boyfriend if they don't so that a guy will leave them alone. this works because a guy often respects a man more than a woman and won't overstep into a guy's territory.

anyway, not always the case, but just some insight into why women will do stuff like that sometimes.

"men are afraid that women will laugh at them. women are afraid that men will kill them" - margaret atwood

kv

#4294 Post by kv » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:58 pm

The I have a boyfriend line makes way more sense to me....not interested vs leading them on

creep
Site Admin

#4295 Post by creep » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:54 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote: this works because a guy often respects a man more than a woman and won't overstep into a guy's territory.
:hs: it has nothing to do with respecting men more than women. if a women says that she has a boyfriend and still wants to hook up....95% of the guys would.

if a girl says she has a boyfriend most guys will take that as she is not interested and move on.

i never understood why a guy would still pursue a girl if she is not interested. you are not going to change her mind and if you do it probably won't work out.

farrellgirl99

#4296 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:26 pm

creep wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote: this works because a guy often respects a man more than a woman and won't overstep into a guy's territory.
:hs: it has nothing to do with respecting men more than women. if a women says that she has a boyfriend and still wants to hook up....95% of the guys would.

if a girl says she has a boyfriend most guys will take that as she is not interested and move on.

i never understood why a guy would still pursue a girl if she is not interested. you are not going to change her mind and if you do it probably won't work out.
you're right most people will take it at face value and give up or move on if someone says they are taken. when i wrote that i was thinking of someone who may become more persistent or aggressive if you say no multiple times and then you say "i have a bf" and they perceive boyfriend as threat or then identify you as taken based on being another man's girl (more archaic way of looking at it). so maybe respect wasn't right word on my part.

Artemis

#4297 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:06 pm

I ate about 20 mini chocolate bars and feel sick now. :jasper:

creep
Site Admin

#4298 Post by creep » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:11 pm

Artemis wrote:I ate about 20 mini chocolate bars and feel sick now. :jasper:
i only had two trick or treaters. i bought six bags of candy. i've easily had over 20 and i feel horrible too. :jasper:

Artemis

#4299 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:17 pm

creep wrote:
i only had two trick or treaters. i bought six bags of candy. i've easily had over 20 and i feel horrible too. :jasper:
I went to my mom's place to give out treats. Good turn out this year. We had 2 boxes of 90 pieces each and didn't go through all of them. I was giving 2 choco bars to every kid, then increased to 3 to to get rid of them.

creep
Site Admin

#4300 Post by creep » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Artemis wrote:
creep wrote:
I went to my mom's place to give out treats. Good turn out this year. We had 2 boxes of 90 pieces each and didn't go through all of them. I was giving 2 choco bars to every kid, then increased to 3 to to get rid of them.
i've lived in better neighborhoods but i really thought i would get more than 2. i live on a somewhat busy street so i guess it makes sense to keep kids deeper in the neighborhood on less busy streets.