What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
clickie

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4526 Post by clickie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:09 pm

In florida its common for someone to pass you then immediately cut you off and get in front of you even if staying in the other lane has less traffic and is moving faster.

SR

#4527 Post by SR » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Don't get me on Florida. By far, the worst place I have ever been to/lived in for as many reasons as you can think of.....

Education
Driving
Civil Engineering
Firearms
Social lines of civility
Employer/Employee lines of civility
Employee responsibility
Materialism
Vapidity
DJ's
Weather (Yes, weather...fuck oppressive sun and 100% humidity. Everyone is perspiring all the time).
Law enforcement (The most corrupt/ineffective and dormant force I have ever see) Too many examples to write

Recently Miami was found to be the WORST city in the country to live in.....worse than Bakersfield, Detroit, Newark, (insert any SHITHOLE, here) Also chosen as rudest.

But, I have also travelled all over Florida in one of my 4 cross country drives in the last 18 months. It all sucks. All of it.

creep
Site Admin

#4528 Post by creep » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:53 pm

i drive a lot for work and anywhere near a big city there are horrible drivers. i was in houston this week and they have the some of the worst drivers and traffic. 100 degrees and humid too. austin sucks too. in fact all of texas sucks. i was stuck there for 19 days. i'm in oklahoma now and i finally fly home tomorrow. fuck texas.

clickie

#4529 Post by clickie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Jeez SR, sounds lke your hatred is worse than most. Like something happened you took personally.

SR

#4530 Post by SR » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:22 pm

Well, yes.....but my hatred for the place had been well forged by then. Typical shit....I was walking in a crosswalk and the usual moron who tried to punch through the red light, then reversed hitting me and knocking me to my ass.

My employees were routinely hit by cars on their bikes. One had severe injuries and returned to work about 5 weeks later. No big deal. I was mainly in Wynwood, SB, and DT/MT.

Just a total 3rd world shithole.....Jesus, Pussy, rented Italian sports cars, drugs and soccer. :jasper:

:edit: I have driven in every major city in the states, and no place is close to Miami. DMV requires a lobotomy.

SR

#4531 Post by SR » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Matz wrote:Dave's "5" favorite guitar players:
Gilmore, Van Halen, Rhodes, Page, Hendrix, Vai, Gilbert, Ash, Edge… Can’t do only 5
Randy Rhoads and Paul Gilbert are in there?! Rhoads was a very good player, but he was basically a Van Halen rip off. Paul Gilbert!? Why!? Good player of course but not someone you'd ever put in a top 5.He should have gone with John 5 instead of Gilbert and Trent instead of Rhoads :bored:
Rhoads is iconic. I have no idea why anyone, even hardcore NIN fans would consider Trent Reznor an influentual or iconic guitar player. If I flipped Gilmore for Geordie from Killing Joke and any number of other favorites (Stevie Ray Vaughan, Brian James, Gary Moore, Malmsteen, etc) for the shred-heads Gilbert and maybe Vai as well, that would be my list too.
its a favorites list, not a "top" 5. For a non player or uneducated listener, they might be the same. Not here

Matz

#4532 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Matz wrote:Dave's "5" favorite guitar players:
Gilmore, Van Halen, Rhodes, Page, Hendrix, Vai, Gilbert, Ash, Edge… Can’t do only 5
Randy Rhoads and Paul Gilbert are in there?! Rhoads was a very good player, but he was basically a Van Halen rip off. Paul Gilbert!? Why!? Good player of course but not someone you'd ever put in a top 5.He should have gone with John 5 instead of Gilbert and Trent instead of Rhoads :bored:
Rhoads is iconic. I have no idea why anyone, even hardcore NIN fans would consider Trent Reznor an influentual or iconic guitar player. If I flipped Gilmore for Geordie from Killing Joke and any number of other favorites (Stevie Ray Vaughan, Brian James, Gary Moore, Malmsteen, etc) for the shred-heads Gilbert and maybe Vai as well, that would be my list too.
Eddie didn't think Rhoads was iconic, he thought he was doing the same thing as he was doing at the time, so I'm in good company regarding that one.

Trent is not a traditionel iconic guitar player so that's what makes it hard for some people to swallow but listen to Broken and The Fragile and TDS and Ghosts etc, the guy has come up with a ton of cool riffs and weird but insanely cool things in oddball tunings and stuff like that AND the guy is a tone genius. So yeah, he's the cool choice on a list like that

It's Gilmour by the way.....Malmsteen is a favorite of yours? He basically has one song... :lol:

Pandemonium

#4533 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:28 pm

Matz wrote:
Eddie didn't think Rhoads was iconic, he thought he was doing the same thing as he was doing at the time, so I'm in good company regarding that one.

Trent is not a traditionel iconic guitar player so that's what makes it hard for some people to swallow but listen to Broken and The Fragile and TDS and Ghosts etc, the guy has come up with a ton of cool riffs and weird but insanely cool things in oddball tunings and stuff like that AND the guy is a tone genius. So yeah, he's the cool choice on a list like that

It's Gilmour by the way.....Malmsteen is a favorite of yours? He basically has one song... :lol:
Eddie was an insecure douchebag even in his early years once he got a few "Guitarist Of The Year" notices from music and guitarhead mags at the end of the 70's. IMO, he felt threatened by the acclaim Rhoads was getting in the early 80's and slagged him in interviews with bullshit like "oh, he cops my stuff and does me better than me." Their playing styles and tones were pretty far apart despite both playing hard rock.

Regarding Reznor, sure, it *is* a favorites list so I can't really argue that, but imo, he's notable for his writing, arranging and production. I just don't see much in his playing as a guitarist that sets him apart from say, one of the guys in a typical metal band like Judas Priest or Mastodon.

Malmsteen hasn't really been a top 10 favorite of mine since the late 80's, although I do like the first 3 or 4 albums he did back then. I remember seeing him on his first solo tour in '85 and being blown away even though he was obviously ripping off Ritchie Blackmore with his stage shtick.

SR

#4534 Post by SR » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:45 am

A 13 yr old hangs himself and leaves note that some twats at school were chronically mean to him.....

I hate bullies.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/13-year-old ... d=27651006

Hype

#4535 Post by Hype » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:06 am

SR wrote:A 13 yr old hangs himself and leaves note that some twats at school were chronically mean to him.....

I hate bullies.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/13-year-old ... d=27651006
"Daniel's complaints about bullying did not fall upon deaf ears," Erstad said. "The principal believes she did everything in her power to help Daniel, and to deal with any students accused of bullying."
I'm sure she does. In my experience, especially with Catholic education, the administrators and educators seem to be completely unequipped to either understand or handle the fact that schools are microcosms of society at large. Mental and social problems occur with exactly the same frequency, except that there's often less recourse, because children are beholden to the hierarchy of the school rather than the broader system of justice. A lot of people don't want to believe that sociopathy, ASPD, etc., can occur in young people. But this is ostrich thinking. There are statistical norms that these things follow. There is no easy solution, but there should be some sort of mechanism to help prevent suicides as a result of it.

SR

#4536 Post by SR » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:17 am

From someone who never saw the inside of a public school until graduate work, I agree they are very cloistered and warped environments.

clickie

#4537 Post by clickie » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:24 pm

I had this one goon in 8th grade who singled me out and make it his life's mission to harass me every single day for the entire year.

I'm talking physically violent and this dude was big too probably out weighed me by about 30 lbs.

Then flash forward to 2002, i'm reading the Chicago tribune and theres an article on the front page about the same guy getting a 20 yr prison sentence for breaking into dozens of veterinarian offices in the chicagoland area to support his opiate habit. Kinda felt bad for the guy.

chaos

#4538 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Hour one (with no doubt 6 to go) sitting in ER at Mass General. Nurse thinks its appendicitis. :sad:
I'm holding out hope until I see dr and get a scan.

Artemis

#4539 Post by Artemis » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:09 pm

chaos wrote:Hour one (with no doubt 6 to go) sitting in ER at Mass General. Nurse thinks its appendicitis. :sad:
I'm holding out hope until I see dr and get a scan.
Oh no, that sounds painful. Good you went to the ER though to check it out.

I hope the wait is not another 6 hours and whatever it is is not too serious.

chaos

#4540 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Based on the sonogram it is my appendix. I have to get another scan. (I think a cat scan.) They are preparing for the inevitable: surgery tonight or in the morning. I have never been knocked out so I'm freaking out. I'm trying to talk them into letting me stay awake but they laugh. My husband is remarkably calm.

It feels like a pulled muscle. I can get comfortable in certain positions.

creep
Site Admin

#4541 Post by creep » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 pm

my friend just had his out. he said it was an easy surgery.

i have never been knocked out either and have some fear i guess. i had a minor surgery where they pumped me full of drugs but i was awake. all i remember is that i kept telling the nurse over and over how good i felt.

good luck :wave:

kv

#4542 Post by kv » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Lucky they caught it early..had a friend burst his...

Hey you are in the literal hands of professionals... you'll be just fine...deeps breaths...and here's to the speedy recovery! Sounds like you picked a good guy to marry he is being your rock! Now just think of puppies playing...

creep
Site Admin

#4543 Post by creep » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:37 pm

special appearance by positive and reassuring kv tonight.

Hype

#4544 Post by Hype » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:51 pm

chaos wrote:Based on the sonogram it is my appendix. I have to get another scan. (I think a cat scan.) They are preparing for the inevitable: surgery tonight or in the morning. I have never been knocked out so I'm freaking out. I'm trying to talk them into letting me stay awake but they laugh. My husband is remarkably calm.

It feels like a pulled muscle. I can get comfortable in certain positions.
I've been put under a bunch of times for various things. You'll be fine. If you're lucky, they'll make it a valium/demerol cocktail!

nausearockpig

#4545 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:18 pm

went out and bought some bread and fancy sausages to make sausages in bread (no not hot dogs, didn't use hot dog bread), chopped up an onion and some bacon, cooked it all, took a bite.. was just GROSS.... the sausages were all fatty and gross..

so now i have no lunch and need to have some oats. Fuckity fuck fuck cunt shit areshole piss balls...

crater

#4546 Post by crater » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 pm

chaos wrote: I have never been knocked out so I'm freaking out.
I'm assuming you've went to sleep at some point in your life. This is no different. You just slowly drift off.

Waking up from it can be an experience though. For some reason the last time I was put out, I kept telling the nurse that I needed to pick up a pizza for her when they woke me back up :noclue:

kv

#4547 Post by kv » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:58 pm

creep wrote:special appearance by positive and reassuring kv tonight.
:lolol:

Fk u

nausearockpig

#4548 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Banks. They're the worst.

chaos

#4549 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:38 pm

The cat scan is a generic term for whatever torture you will be put through. :lol: Its not my appendix. It's an infection. High white cells, and in the 6 hours i have been here my temp is up (and the pain). I'm admitted. I guess I'm relieved that I don't need surgery, but they just asked if I ever had a colonscopy (I have not). After what I just went through, that had better not be the next step, or I will be begging them to knock me out. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#4550 Post by creep » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:20 am

chaos wrote:The cat scan is a generic term for whatever torture you will be put through. :lol: Its not my appendix. It's an infection. High white cells, and in the 6 hours i have been here my temp is up (and the pain). I'm admitted. I guess I'm relieved that I don't need surgery, but they just asked if I ever had a colonscopy (I have not). After what I just went through, that had better not be the next step, or I will be begging them to knock me out. :lol:
i think i would rather have my appendix out than a colonoscopy. i'm at the age where i should probably have one though some time. you do know they usually put you under for that too right? i hear the prep for that is the worst part.