Artemis

Re: What's annoying you today?

#501 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Lokus wrote:
creep wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Matz wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Artemis wrote:The increase in shootings in my city.

Since the end of December there have been shootings daily. I hope this isn't a preview of how 2012 is going to be. :sad:

that's fucking hardcore..
yeah, it is...perhaps there are a few too many guns on that continent :noclue:
i agree with that 100%

the shootings here are mostly young people(under 25) and gang/drug related. it makes me really sad and angry.
according to that one michael moore documentary canada never has shootings.
Actually, most of the illegal guns in Canada used in crimes are imported from the States.

Also, although some of those Bowling for Columbine scenes were shot in Toronto (the no one locks their doors stuff), Toronto is basically American in the eyes of most other Canadians. :lol:
I was born and rasied in Toronto(Mt Pleasant+Eglinton area) and my family ALWAYS locked the doors. I had a couple of friends who never locked their doors, but most did.

creep
Site Admin

#502 Post by creep » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Lokus wrote: Toronto is basically American in the eyes of most other Canadians. :lol:
i thought that was vancouver?

Artemis

#503 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:27 pm

creep wrote:
Lokus wrote: Toronto is basically American in the eyes of most other Canadians. :lol:
toronto has the new york wannabe reputation.

Juana

#504 Post by Juana » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Unbelievably tired lately probably from all the working out

Hype

#505 Post by Hype » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm

creep wrote:
You mean because of the heroin or the Chinese? :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#506 Post by creep » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
creep wrote:
heroin and strip clubs.

Hype

#507 Post by Hype » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:50 pm

creep wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
creep wrote:
heroin and strip clubs.
Vancouver seems like a foreign city.

Bandit72

#508 Post by Bandit72 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Alex Mcleish

Larry B.

#509 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Alex Mcleish
:pat:

:3some:

Larry B.

#510 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Annoying me: this city and its stupid smog.

In Magallanes, during my vacations, I spent 2 weeks allergy-free, in the middle of forests, grass, leaves, insects, lichens, fungi, even a very old house with mice. I walked, ran, and laid in the grass. I took my anti-allergy pills as usual. I arrive in Santiago and the next morning I wake up with sore eyes and an itchy nose. Today I went running and I almost suffer an anaphylactic shock, basically because of the smog. Again, using the pills I use between August and April because I'm such a sissy allergic baby.

Since the smog is pretty much the same anywhere in the city, what is my choice? Pay for a gym. Fucking stupid city/country. You have to pay to stay healthy, you have to pay if you're sick. Fucking assholes.

Jasper

#511 Post by Jasper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm just not made to write resumes and proposals. I'm writing - or trying to write - my third proposal in the past few months. It's pretty important, but I'd like nothing more than to give up on it and sleep for 24 hours straight. It's been a special kind of hell. The fact that it requires a specific type of portfolio on top of the other two things isn't helping. The fact that it's a last-minute, short-notice situation is making it even worse.

The only silver lining is that I have a friend who works in the office, and although it was due today, I'm giving it to her tomorrow, whereupon it will magically be transported back one day in time. :hehe:

Hype

#512 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Jasper wrote:I'm just not made to write resumes and proposals. I'm writing - or trying to write - my third proposal in the past few months. It's pretty important, but I'd like nothing more than to give up on it and sleep for 24 hours straight. It's been a special kind of hell. The fact that it requires a specific type of portfolio on top of the other two things isn't helping. The fact that it's a last-minute, short-notice situation is making it even worse.

The only silver lining is that I have a friend who works in the office, and although it was due today, I'm giving it to her tomorrow, whereupon it will magically be transported back one day in time. :hehe:
Proposals are the WORST. I fucking hate them. Every year I have to apply for funding, and I hate it so much. It would be really great if it got "easier" over time... I think it might as they start becoming more and more successful... :confused:

Jasper

#513 Post by Jasper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Jasper wrote:I'm just not made to write resumes and proposals. I'm writing - or trying to write - my third proposal in the past few months. It's pretty important, but I'd like nothing more than to give up on it and sleep for 24 hours straight. It's been a special kind of hell. The fact that it requires a specific type of portfolio on top of the other two things isn't helping. The fact that it's a last-minute, short-notice situation is making it even worse.

Proposals are the WORST. I fucking hate them. Every year I have to apply for funding, and I hate it so much. It would be really great if it got "easier" over time... I think it might as they start becoming more and more successful... :confused:
I think it's actually...becoming more difficult. I seriously think I need to get some ritalin the next time this comes up. Nothing should be this difficult. :banghead:

Hype

#514 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Jasper wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

I think it's actually...becoming more difficult. I seriously think I need to get some ritalin the next time this comes up. Nothing should be this difficult. :banghead:
I tried that. It doesn't work for me. :jasper: :crazy:

I feel your pain though, seriously. :pat:

Jasper

#515 Post by Jasper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

I tried that. It doesn't work for me. :jasper: :crazy:

I feel your pain though, seriously. :pat:
Thanks. :scared:

Back to it... :wavesad:

Artemis

#516 Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:59 am

got up around 04:00 and can't get back to sleep. there's no point now since i would have to get up in about an hour or so anyway.

i'm going to be a cranky bitch at work today. :mad:

i pity my co-workers. :lol:

Warped

#517 Post by Warped » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:16 am

Quick recap on my sister who appeared on phone after 7 years without any contact to us: She asked my sister for money - my sister denied. No more contact since then. So it's like i said: she only wants the money, no interest in us at all. So fuck that. :no:

Matz

#518 Post by Matz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:43 am

Warped

#519 Post by Warped » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:09 am

Right on.

Larry B.

#520 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:39 am

Annoying me yesterday:

I went out with this acquaintance who was dumped by her husband a month ago. I went as a friend, of course. A couple of weeks ago she called me because she needed to talk and I just went to her house and we talked for like 4 hours. She was pretty much a mess, but thanked me because after our talk she was thinking more clearly. That was nice.

Yesterday... holy shit, what an ego-fest. I basically sat there, drinking some juice, while she went on and on non-stop for 3 and a half hours. Told me about all the dogs she has had, cats, the name of every car she's bought (not brand or model, but NAME. As in 'Rocket John', 'Little Volvee', amongst others), her phobias, how successful she thinks she is, how she's strong enough to face her ex-husband, how she's going to pay for a friend's vacation... dude, and all I did was ask 'how are you?'

I had already agreed to go with her to a wedding this Saturday, so I can't cancel now. After said wedding, I sincerely wish/hope/will try my best to not see/read/hear her again. She just drained too much of my energy via a bunch of shit I couldn't care less about.

Talking about your feelings? Sure! Discussing ideas? Sure! Mentioning that you keep a big bag of dog food in your car so that you can feed stray dogs (which isn't true anyway) and looking at me expecting a 'oh wow, you're such a special person and I hereby present you with a Nobel Prize'? Fuck no and get the fuck away from me.

Matz

#521 Post by Matz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:54 am

Larry B. wrote: Mentioning that you keep a big bag of dog food in your car so that you can feed stray dogs (which isn't true anyway) and looking at me expecting a 'oh wow, you're such a special person and I hereby present you with a Nobel Prize'? Fuck no and get the fuck away from me.
wtf :lol: sounds like you should go back to that vacation place you were just at and hide out. Come back when she's found another victim

Warped

#522 Post by Warped » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:01 am

:lol: Oh no, that seems to be a nice weekend for you. There is nothing i hate more than people that cannot stop talking about themselves and their achiechevmens and not caring a single bit about the person they are talking to. I always try to get away from such people asap. :no:

Larry B.

#523 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:10 am

Matz wrote:
Larry B. wrote: Mentioning that you keep a big bag of dog food in your car so that you can feed stray dogs (which isn't true anyway) and looking at me expecting a 'oh wow, you're such a special person and I hereby present you with a Nobel Prize'? Fuck no and get the fuck away from me.
wtf :lol: sounds like you should go back to that vacation place you were just at and hide out. Come back when she's found another victim
No shit...
Oh no, that seems to be a nice weekend for you. There is nothing i hate more than people that cannot stop talking about themselves and their achiechevmens and not caring a single bit about the person they are talking to. I always try to get away from such people asap
I think an element that added to the frustration was the contrast with an Israeli woman I met in Magallanes during my vacations, who came to Santiago and stayed in my apartment for 3 days and with whom I had a GREAT time. We basically spent the days talking and walking around Santiago and everything was very comfortable. We talked about politics, religion, hobbies, weaknesses, work, music, literature, family, past, present, future... Yesterday, right before meeting this ego-maniac woman, I left this girl at the bus station because she had to start her trip back home. The contrast in personalities and was overwhelming.

And believe me, I'm all for listening and not talking a lot... I just don't want to listen to a bunch of blah blah.

But oh well, after Saturday night everything will be alright. Unless her ex-husband shows up and shoots me for being such a handsome fucker. Although at least that would put me out of my misery.

nausearockpig

#524 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:08 pm

just tell her that you only do it in the arse and she'll run right off.. especially if you tell her that it's the only natural way to make looooooove....

Larry B.

#525 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:11 am

Wedding done. Another ego-fest. Here are some of the highlights:

- 'I came to the conclusion that I must seriously be one of God's favorite persons'
- 'You can't cover the sun with an eye'

At one point she did ask me some questions, which -of course- weren't as much to know about me as they were an auto-cue to talk for 15 minutes about something either extremely awesome or extremely sad that she did or had happened to her.

At the party we were seated with 3 other couples. I greeted everyone and was open to talk with all these random strangers, but she would try desperately to grab my full attention. With my body language I was encouraging the other people to talk to me, but she'd just start talking again. At one point, I talked to this woman who was in front of me (some stupid and great joke type of opener), she laughed and answered, and my "date" said 'I need a smoke, would you mind coming with me outside?'

Almost 9 hours with her and I survived alright. My gods are great.

:wiggle: :wiggle: