Artemis

Re: What made your day today?

#676 Post by Artemis » Fri May 04, 2012 4:42 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Pure Method wrote:
Matz wrote:
Artemis wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:One of my poems will be published in my college's lit mag :banana:

not a huge accomplishment, but ill take it.
that's fantastic, farrellgirl! :thumb: :bigrin:
yeah, that's cool
:thumb:

EDIT: I guess I finished university finals'...and now I graduate?
wow congratulations to you too!!! :rockon: :bigrin:

i was going to post that renting out my parking space today made my day, but that seems lame compared to you and the previous few posters. :lol:
:lol: you're the only one of us who made money so congratulations to you!

:lol: thanx.

zdilla

#677 Post by zdilla » Fri May 04, 2012 4:54 pm

congrats farrellgirl, be proud of this! congrats hyp! :wave:

Larry B.

#678 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm

:cheers:

Hype

#679 Post by Hype » Fri May 04, 2012 5:52 pm

chaos

#680 Post by chaos » Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Farrell Girl, Hype, & Pure Method

:banana:

Hype

#681 Post by Hype » Fri May 04, 2012 6:44 pm

omg I'm drunk already.

nausearockpig

#682 Post by nausearockpig » Fri May 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Free Comic Book Day. Later on, dinner at Saigon Rose in Prahran. Yum!

perkana

#683 Post by perkana » Sat May 05, 2012 8:33 pm

21 Jump Street and The Avengers. First movie was stupid, but I was in the mood for a stupid movie and don't want to spoil it for anyone, I liked what they did. I was such a huge fan of the tv show (first time I saw Johnny Depp :heart: )
The Avengers was great, it was better than I expected. I think Captain America was the lamest, but I guess that's what he's supposed to be, being the ancient one and all. And as my 5 year old niece says: "I don't like him too much because he's so American".
Ok, I'm not a comic fan, so someone pm and explain me the last scene. I know I saw the guy in the Thor movie, but I really don't remember who he was. Thanks in advance :wave:

creep
Site Admin

#684 Post by creep » Sat May 05, 2012 8:39 pm

perkana wrote:21 Jump Street
i still want to see that. i haven't heard or read a bad review yet.

i forgot it was cinco de mayo today and i went out for drinks on the river today and everything was packed. i watched two girls throw up and a guy fall down some stairs. good times.

Artemis

#685 Post by Artemis » Sat May 05, 2012 8:50 pm

I had a wonderful dinner out followed by an amazing concert - Hilario Durán Latin Big Band with Paquito D'Rivera. I could have listened to 3 more hours of those guys. :cool:

Hype

#686 Post by Hype » Sun May 06, 2012 12:33 am

:drink: :conf:

sinep

#687 Post by sinep » Sun May 06, 2012 3:27 am

creep wrote:

i forgot it was cinco de mayo today and i went out for drinks on the river today and everything was packed. i watched two girls throw up and a guy fall down some stairs. good times.
i remembered that it was cinco de mayo today so i went out for tacos and drinks.

everywhere was empty.

even the places that should have been packed on a sat were empty. it was weird.

Larry B.

#688 Post by Larry B. » Sun May 06, 2012 4:46 am

Artemis wrote:I had a wonderful dinner out followed by an amazing concert - Hilario Durán Latin Big Band with Paquito D'Rivera. I could have listened to 3 more hours of those guys. :cool:
Paquito is unreal.

nausearockpig

#689 Post by nausearockpig » Sun May 06, 2012 5:02 am

Years ago I was in this dingy little comic shop in Annerley in Brisbane and I saw this cool comic with the image of Gog on his throne surrounded by lots of dead Supermans. For a reason that until today I could not fathom, I didn't buy that comic, I left it thinking I would buy it later. Of course the next time I went in there, it was gone.. After a while I forgot about it but then remembered the image some time later. For years I've been searching on and off for this comic with only the image in my head, not the title. I always thought it was a Gog one-shot, rather than part of a mini-series.

It made my day today, finally realising after about 12 years of searching that what I though was a comic called "Gog #1" or something similar was actually "The Kingdom #1". Realising that I already own the comic is a bonus..

In case you're wondering how it's possible that he has many dead Supermans around him: he kills Superman, goes back in time one day, finds Superman, kills him, goes back in time.... you get the idea...

perkana

#690 Post by perkana » Sun May 06, 2012 8:43 am

creep wrote:

Here cinco de mayo was same as always, a ceremony in Puebla conmemorating the 150 anniversary of the battle, but that was it :noclue:
So what do Mexicans do over there for Sept. 15th? which happens to be our big independence day celebration.

creep
Site Admin

#691 Post by creep » Sun May 06, 2012 9:05 am

perkana wrote:
creep wrote:

Here cinco de mayo was same as always, a ceremony in Puebla conmemorating the 150 anniversary of the battle, but that was it :noclue:
So what do Mexicans do over there for Sept. 15th? which happens to be our big independence day celebration.
i have no idea. americans just use cinco de mayo as an excuse to drink a lot of mexican beer and margaritas. i bet 95% of the people out celebrating have no idea what cinco de mayo is.

crater

#692 Post by crater » Sun May 06, 2012 10:28 am

I'm way into animals. Birds mostly and I just stepped outside and saw a Bald Eagle flying around. Not the best pic, but my camera only works when it wants these days, so I'm lucky that I was able to take a pic at all.

Artemis

#693 Post by Artemis » Sun May 06, 2012 10:44 am

Larry B. wrote:
Artemis wrote:I had a wonderful dinner out followed by an amazing concert - Hilario Durán Latin Big Band with Paquito D'Rivera. I could have listened to 3 more hours of those guys. :cool:
Paquito is unreal.
:agree:

He's a very funny guy too. There was a Q&A in between the sets with him and Hilario. They talked about music and some of the people they worked with over the years like Arturo Sandoval and Dizzy Gillespie. When Paquito told about how he first met Dizzy he said Dizzy was wearing an outfit that made him look like a black Sherlock Holmes. Actually, in his Cuban accent it sounded like "Chairloke Oms" :lol:

Japhy

#694 Post by Japhy » Sun May 06, 2012 1:42 pm

crater wrote:I'm way into animals. Birds mostly and I just stepped outside and saw a Bald Eagle flying around. Not the best pic, but my camera only works when it wants these days, so I'm lucky that I was able to take a pic at all.

Hey, me too man - total nature lover and complete bird geek. So ridiculously envious that you can just go outside and see something like that. We have a bird called a Red Kite here (UK) which was pretty much non-existent until they were re-introduced a few years ago... when they soar over my house, i'm just rooted to the spot. But, yeah, a Bald Eagle... you win!

Japhy

#695 Post by Japhy » Sun May 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Top day today. I coach a kids footy team and, although we won our league a couple of months back, we've always been really poor in one day tournaments - so poor that we've never got out of a group and into the knock-out stages in all of our 4 years of playing. Anyways, not only did we get out of our group, but we made it all the way to the final of one of the biggest comps in our area today. Ultimately the boys lost 3-2 on pens but they were ace all day and I couldn't be prouder.

I wanna post a pic of me with the lads but I'm hopeless at that stuff... thankfully i'm slightly better at coaching!

Pandemonium

#696 Post by Pandemonium » Sun May 06, 2012 2:51 pm

perkana wrote:Ok, I'm not a comic fan, so someone pm and explain me the last scene. I know I saw the guy in the Thor movie, but I really don't remember who he was. Thanks in advance :wave:
If you're talking about the end credits scene, that guy is "Thanos."

Jasper

#697 Post by Jasper » Sun May 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
perkana wrote:Ok, I'm not a comic fan, so someone pm and explain me the last scene. I know I saw the guy in the Thor movie, but I really don't remember who he was. Thanks in advance :wave:
If you're talking about the end credits scene, that guy is "Thanos."

Yeah? Now can you explain why he's accompanied by a Jawa?

chaos

#698 Post by chaos » Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 am

I finally got a haircut after cutting it myself for the past year (as the result of the trauma I experienced from a really crappy cut :lol: ). It came out great! This hair stylist is a keeper. :bigrin:
Last edited by chaos on Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Artemis

#699 Post by Artemis » Thu May 10, 2012 9:29 am

chaos wrote:I finally got a haircut after cutting it myself for the past year (as the result a result of the trauma I experienced from a really crappy cut :lol: ). It came out great! This hair stylist is a keeper. :bigrin:
:thumb:

I tried colouring my own hair for a little while and it looked terrible! I chose a colour that was too dark AND I didn't do it evenly, so I had a patchy look. :no:

I decided to go back to doing it at the salon and spend the money. Since I don't spend spend on t hings like a car, cell phone, or cable, I figured I may as well treat myself. There is nothing like the fresh from the salon feeling.

perkana

#700 Post by perkana » Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 am

I'm going to get a dye job (according to my hairdresser it's a colorbath, no ammonia since I'm an asthmatic) and a haircut tomorrow. I love going to the hairdresser, love getting my hair washed, head massaged and getting my hair trimmed :wiggle: (I look like a chia head right now)
What's making my day...today is mother's day here and I got the day off. Too bad I can't spend it with my mom though.