Sonny, 4th Member

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Jasper

Re: Sonny, 4th Member

#76 Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:58 am

Six7Six7 wrote:i hope someone complained about me.

However i am unhappy that i was never alerted about it, if so.
Awww, there's a good chance someone reported you at some point. :pat: Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if someone reported me, so it's really easy to imagine someone reporting you. :noclue:

The important thing is that we all reported jssd. :nod:

JOEinPHX

#77 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:07 am

oh for sure. i lost count of how many times i hit the report button on him.

sinep

#78 Post by sinep » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:13 am

Jasper wrote:
sinep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
sinep wrote:
sonny wrote: some one might send me a PM to complain about a person or a thread and i'd have to address that.
ohhhhhhh did anybody ever complain about me?????
Yes. Or...that's what I heard or something.
really?

did you complain about me?
For your continual racism. Ask sonny.
continual racism?

i wish i would have complained to sonny about your lack of ability to detect racism. maybe i'll PM him now and retroactively complain.

anyways, i just got back from a lil wayne concert. i went with my best friend who is half black. in november i'll be traveling with him and his black father to new orleans, where i'll be staying with his black family. tomorrow me and two of my black coworkers are grabbing a beer. two (maybe three?) weekends ago i had sex with a black woman.

i'm not racist.

you're just dumb and white and live somewhere shitty (aka, not the west coast) and take shit too seriously.

honestly, you do.

sinep

#79 Post by sinep » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:27 am

if i remember correctly, this all stems from the thing that i posted where if you google some random numbers and hit "i'm feeling lucky" you get a video of a black guy dancing with techno lights and video game music.

upon posting it, you informed me of how racist i was for various reasons.

i had just thought it was a funny video of a guy dancing.

but hey, maybe you're right. maybe i'm racist.

Jasper

#80 Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:48 am

More typical racist bile, and the whole overcompensation thing is painfully transparent.

Larry B.

#81 Post by Larry B. » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:23 am

sinep wrote: i had just thought it was a funny video of a guy dancing.

creep
Site Admin

#82 Post by creep » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:13 am

sinep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
sinep wrote:
Jasper wrote:
sinep wrote:
sonny wrote: some one might send me a PM to complain about a person or a thread and i'd have to address that.
ohhhhhhh did anybody ever complain about me?????
Yes. Or...that's what I heard or something.
really?

did you complain about me?
For your continual racism. Ask sonny.
continual racism?

i wish i would have complained to sonny about your lack of ability to detect racism. maybe i'll PM him now and retroactively complain.

anyways, i just got back from a lil wayne concert. i went with my best friend who is half black. in november i'll be traveling with him and his black father to new orleans, where i'll be staying with his black family. tomorrow me and two of my black coworkers are grabbing a beer. two (maybe three?) weekends ago i had sex with a black woman.

i'm not racist.

you're just dumb and white and live somewhere shitty (aka, not the west coast) and take shit too seriously.

honestly, you do.
ummmm...i'm pretty sure he is just fucking with you.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#83 Post by Hokahey » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:59 am

:lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#84 Post by creep » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:07 am

:lol:

Deconstruction

#85 Post by Deconstruction » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 pm

sonny wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Not that Decon can't speak for himself...

but dude has a run a board at grungereport if I'm not mistaken.
is this what yr referring to?

http://grungereport.net/?page_id=39

18 posts in ALL

xiola.org was over 100,000, then we started clean a few years ago and got back to over 100,000. not to mention the numerous boards we lost. janesaw surely has a grave somewhere with the total. :lol:

quit trying to minimize the impact i had personally on the success of xiola.org the site and the bored. :bs:
Uhhhh you realize that section links to the MESSAGE BOARD, it says CLICK HERE TO ENTER.

My board is pretty dead now but it started as an MMA/pro wrestling/Howard Stern sense of humor based board in 2004 for my MMA/wrestling website where I had a Howard Stern influenced podcast, when I closed that and launched GrungeReport in 2009 I changed the board name. The board has gone mellow now, but it had a run of 5-6 years of being pretty active and funny, didn't really die off til sometime this year. Had 100-200k posts before an admin of mine deleted a lot, with 3,000 members.

Also my site gets thousands of visitors per day and many comments. Not to come off like an egomaniac but I have run more successful sites than you and at a time, a bigger message board.

sinep

#86 Post by sinep » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:44 pm

creep wrote:
ummmm...i'm pretty sure he is just fucking with you.
i dunno, he probably was, even though i remember he got his granny panties all twisted up when i posted that black guy dancing.

either way i was drunk last night.

forget everything i said jasper, you're right. i'm racist. ban me.

sonny

#87 Post by sonny » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Deconstruction wrote:
sonny wrote:
hokahey wrote:

18 posts in ALL

xiola.org was over 100,000, then we started clean a few years ago and got back to over 100,000. not to mention the numerous boards we lost. janesaw surely has a grave somewhere with the total. :lol:

quit trying to minimize the impact i had personally on the success of xiola.org the site and the bored. :bs:
Uhhhh you realize that section links to the MESSAGE BOARD, it says CLICK HERE TO ENTER.

My board is pretty dead now but it started as an MMA/pro wrestling/Howard Stern sense of humor based board in 2004 for my MMA/wrestling website where I had a Howard Stern influenced podcast, when I closed that and launched GrungeReport in 2009 I changed the board name. The board has gone mellow now, but it had a run of 5-6 years of being pretty active and funny, didn't really die off til sometime this year. Had 100-200k posts before an admin of mine deleted a lot, with 3,000 members.

Also my site gets thousands of visitors per day and many comments. Not to come off like an egomaniac but I have run more successful sites than you and at a time, a bigger message board.
whatever you say.

Deconstruction

#88 Post by Deconstruction » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:03 am

sonny wrote:
Deconstruction wrote:
sonny wrote:
hokahey wrote:

18 posts in ALL

whatever you say.
My point is don't act like some high and mighty jackass and talk down to everyone. I currently run a successful website in GrungeReport.net, and have ran others, and I've also run a board that was very active for years. So I know the process of running a board and a website, running a board isn't terribly time consuming, especially since you have the option of admining other members to help take care of moderation.

As a webmaster and somebody who has owned a board, I am always thinking about the people who go on my sites or forums, I wouldn't just chuck it all out the window with no thoughts about them.

sonny

#89 Post by sonny » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:06 am

Deconstruction wrote:
sonny wrote:
Deconstruction wrote:
sonny wrote:
hokahey wrote:

18 posts in ALL

whatever you say.
My point is don't act like some high and mighty jackass and talk down to everyone. I currently run a successful website in GrungeReport.net, and have ran others, and I've also run a board that was very active for years. So I know the process of running a board and a website, running a board isn't terribly time consuming, especially since you have the option of admining other members to help take care of moderation.

As a webmaster and somebody who has owned a board, I am always thinking about the people who go on my sites or forums, I wouldn't just chuck it all out the window with no thoughts about them.
you ain't me, boy. :tiphat:

Essence_Smith

#90 Post by Essence_Smith » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:14 am

I think the best thing we can do here is move the fuck on and hope this spin off is better than Joanie Loves Chachi...I was clearly getting tired of the dynamic before xiola went down,but to those who were still having fun with it, I am glad there's a place for it...on topic...people have a right to feel however they feel...but there definitely have been sentiments expressed that somewhat minimize Sonny's contribution...lotsa backlash and its understandable in some ways...as far as "egos" are concerned, as one who's never run a board I'm sure its not easy, but personally most people who run message boards have a certain element of ego, self importance, or whatever you choose to call it...at the end of the day I appreciate the bottom line of someone spending their money and time on something that allows people to communicate with each other, etc...keep your eyes on the big picture, have fun...

sonny

#91 Post by sonny » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 am

done.