What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Hype

Re: What made your day today?

#751 Post by Hype » Thu May 17, 2012 3:59 pm

mockbee wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:'free range' doesn't actually mean they're kept outside... it means they're kept in industrial buildings with a door open.

oh boy......
I think I opened a can of worms here. The intent is what I mean. There are local farms that do have "free range" chickens where they are in a yard and are not fed corn...if inspections and websites and PR are false... then what the hell else can i do? I don't care beyond that......
Local farms are good. But then you have to make sure the butchering is done according to federal standards. At least with industrial farming that part of it is highly regulated (in spite of the living conditions being squalid).

I'm on your side as far as eating healthier goes... I just try to temper it so that people don't get put off... I'm not a very "lifestyle" oriented person, but I obsess over consistency, so I have trouble with whole idea of adopting a label like 'vegetarian' or 'vegan'... just do what you can... probably you should try not to buy stuff made in sweat-shops either.

farrellgirl99

#752 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Seeing how good Trent still looks

happy birthday to him today as well :love:

nausearockpig

#753 Post by nausearockpig » Thu May 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Juana wrote:Biopsy came back good :aoa:
nice one mate.

perkana

#754 Post by perkana » Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 pm

That it's finally fucking Friday!!! After having two weeks with long weekends...this week was rough!
And this...

Jasper

#755 Post by Jasper » Fri May 18, 2012 6:27 am

nausearockpig wrote:
nice one mate.
Yup, that's great news. Congrats. :rockon: :thumb:

Keep up with the healthy diet. I was reading about how mixing broccoli (steamed 2-4 minutes tops) and mixed with hot mustard-like stuff, like wasabi, mustard, broccoli sprouts and such, results in a positive synergistic effect. Broccoli with tomato is supposed to do some magic as well.

Let's see...there's also green tea. Turmeric as well. Organic if you can, and not out of a can if you can avoid it (cans are lined with BPA, and fresh is better by far anyway).

Of course if you can manage to shift some of your drinking to red wine, that doesn't hurt wither. Drink coffee too. Anyone who drinks should drink coffee, as it promotes liver health...and apparently asparagus does as well. Plus it's just been discovered that drinking coffee correlates positively with longevity.

mockbee

#756 Post by mockbee » Fri May 18, 2012 7:32 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:... probably you should try not to buy stuff made in sweat-shops either.

Good luck to all of us with that................ :no:

I love my new suicide..i mean...iphone. I've never had a smart phone before, or really a functioning cell phone, and I use it for work. The power of that little thing in my hand is astounding and mind boggling :oldtimer: ........ I have to keep it off when not at work or my mind will get veeeeery distracted and laaaaazy. It's all fascinating though...... :rockon: :bored:

And the FDA is a tricky one.... "Inspected" by the FDA does not necessarily mean safe to eat, though I'm not arguing for some other alternative, just it needs to be reformed and 'audited' just like every federal department. We need government oversights, just not in their current incarnations...... :scared:

mockbee

#757 Post by mockbee » Fri May 18, 2012 7:33 am

Jasper wrote:
Keep up with the healthy diet. I was reading about how mixing broccoli (steamed 2-4 minutes tops) and mixed with hot mustard-like stuff, like wasabi, mustard, broccoli sprouts and such, results in a positive synergistic effect. Broccoli with tomato is supposed to do some magic as well.

Let's see...there's also green tea. Turmeric as well. Organic if you can, and not out of a can if you can avoid it (cans are lined with BPA, and fresh is better by far anyway).

Of course if you can manage to shift some of your drinking to red wine, that doesn't hurt wither. Drink coffee too. Anyone who drinks should drink coffee, as it promotes liver health...and apparently asparagus does as well. Plus it's just been discovered that drinking coffee correlates positively with longevity.

Watch it Jasper!!

Those are all fightin' words....... :lolol: :balls:

Warped

#758 Post by Warped » Fri May 18, 2012 7:34 am

perkana wrote:That it's finally fucking Friday!!! After having two weeks with long weekends...this week was rough!
And this...
Love that one of Fru if only AK wouldn't jump around like an idiot :eyes: ..... :lol:
That song was the highlight of my last RHCP gig btw...haha the rest sucked balls :balls:

Jasper

#759 Post by Jasper » Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 am

mockbee wrote:
Jasper wrote:

Watch it Jasper!!

What...the healthy eating? The coffee? I'm not a vegan or vegetarian or anything like that. I barely eat any meat at all, but I do once in a while. I eat a bit of poultry, though I mostly like fish and seafood along with all of the fruits and vegetables and nuts and whole grains and such. Not much dairy, but I like a some cheese almost every day. I like food. I'll turn down almost nothing, but when I'm deciding what to eat for myself, it's usually pretty healthful stuff. The coffee-longevity thing in the latest study is tenuous, due to the complexities involved, but it doesn't seem to be harmful, and it does seem to be good for the livers of drinkers, and there's some benefit for preventing some cancers, so I support it. Plus it's delicious - if it wasn't I'd just drink green tea or something.

mockbee

#760 Post by mockbee » Fri May 18, 2012 8:57 am

Jasper wrote:
mockbee wrote:
Jasper wrote:

Watch it Jasper!!

What...the healthy eating? The coffee? I'm not a vegan or vegetarian or anything like that. I barely eat any meat at all, but I do once in a while. I eat a bit of poultry, though I mostly like fish and seafood along with all of the fruits and vegetables and nuts and whole grains and such. Not much dairy, but I like a some cheese almost every day. I like food. I'll turn down almost nothing, but when I'm deciding what to eat for myself, it's usually pretty healthful stuff. The coffee-longevity thing in the latest study is tenuous, due to the complexities involved, but it doesn't seem to be harmful, and it does seem to be good for the livers of drinkers, and there's some benefit for preventing some cancers, so I support it. Plus it's delicious - if it wasn't I'd just drink green tea or something.

I'm with you 100% Jasper......maybe you weren't paying attention to previous posts... :bored:

Actually, I couldn't describe better the way that I approach eating than you have right here. :thumb:

LJF

#761 Post by LJF » Fri May 18, 2012 9:30 am

That's fucking great.

SR

#762 Post by SR » Fri May 18, 2012 9:51 am

Really, very glad to hear J. :thumb:

Xizen47

#763 Post by Xizen47 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 am

Am getting $4,000 over blue book (excelent condition) for my car!

Best way to sell your car- have someone else total it....

Here's the short version:

Was hit on the freeway on Cinco de mayo coming back from San Diego, traffic slowed all of a sudden, I was slowed down to about 10 miles an hour,,, look in my rearview mirror and have about 1 second to prepare for the impact... fucker behind me plowed into me doing about 60-70, didn't even hit his brakes.. spun me around, caved the passenger door in on my drivers side,, then hit me again on the front end,, a third car comes in and hits me from the front too (that impact wasn't too bad though)... When I regain my focus from the original impact, I'm on the shoulder of the freeway, facing the wrong way, airbags deployed, inside of my car looks like a tornado hit it, half the shit from my trunk is on the freeway yada yada, Fucking scary ass shit!

All is well though,, still sore, got some physical therapy appts lined up (whiplash mainly,,, hopefully). Gonna spend the weekend car shopping (think I'll upgrade to something a big bigger than the Corolla lol). Extremley lucky I didn't leave that accident in an ambulance or worse (according to the emergency responders)

I guess Being Alive is what's Really making my day today :wave:

mockbee

#764 Post by mockbee » Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 am

Xizen47 wrote:Am getting $4,000 over blue book (excelent condition) for my car!

Best way to sell your car- have someone else total it....

Here's the short version:

Was hit on the freeway on Cinco de mayo coming back from San Diego, traffic slowed all of a sudden, I was slowed down to about 10 miles an hour,,, look in my rearview mirror and have about 1 second to prepare for the impact... fucker behind me plowed into me doing about 60-70, didn't even hit his brakes.. spun me around, caved the passenger door in on my drivers side,, then hit me again on the front end,, a third car comes in and hits me from the front too (that impact wasn't too bad though)... When I regain my focus from the original impact, I'm on the shoulder of the freeway, facing the wrong way, airbags deployed, inside of my car looks like a tornado hit it, half the shit from my trunk is on the freeway yada yada, Fucking scary ass shit!

All is well though,, still sore, got some physical therapy appts lined up (whiplash mainly,,, hopefully). Gonna spend the weekend car shopping (think I'll upgrade to something a big bigger than the Corolla lol). Extremley lucky I didn't leave that accident in an ambulance or worse (according to the emergency responders)

shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

i hate cars (mostly the drivers and their dumb ass attitudes that they can do whatever the fuck they want in this machine that can and often does kill).

hate em. hate em. hate em. those drivers....... :balls:

i'm thankful you are okay. :wave:

kv

#765 Post by kv » Fri May 18, 2012 12:02 pm

airbags are one of the greatest inventions...i've worked at body shops insurance companies and ford and at all three places people would complain that they'd get in an accident and the air bag would scuff thier face or hurt their nose or smash their glasses...bitch that they were so expensive to replace or that the bag shouldn't have even gone off because they were only going 20 mph..... :banghead: then i would explain "yeah but if there was no air bag you'd be picking pieces of your face and hair out of the windsheild" :idea:

glad it all worked out for you

Larry B.

#766 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 18, 2012 12:10 pm

mockbee wrote: Best way to sell your car- have someone else total it....
(...)
i'm thankful you are okay. :wave:[/quote]

same here... god damn'...

:bday: :bday:

Xizen47

#767 Post by Xizen47 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Thank for the kind words guys! Feels weird to still be feeling shook up over it 2 weeks later... There isn't an hour that goes by that I don't think about it.
Attachments
525848_451688381515424_100000227995468_1940320_1166345121_n.jpg
525848_451688381515424_100000227995468_1940320_1166345121_n.jpg (87.52 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
562390_452070628143866_100000227995468_1942042_1073792664_n.jpg
562390_452070628143866_100000227995468_1942042_1073792664_n.jpg (100.22 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
549459_452071171477145_100000227995468_1942053_1333652446_n.jpg
549459_452071171477145_100000227995468_1942053_1333652446_n.jpg (150 KiB) Viewed 6317 times

creep
Site Admin

#768 Post by creep » Fri May 18, 2012 12:37 pm

shit that's pretty scary. was the guy that hit you on the phone or texting?

mockbee

#769 Post by mockbee » Fri May 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Of course you think about it a lot. Death is kind of final. It's a wonder that we don't have those reminders more often. I don't know how first responders cope, and then going home to their spouse and kids at night. That's probably why they all smoke, which used to strike me as odd as most of them are health professionals. What is most sad to me is that many of these "accidents" are so preventable, if not for so many people being grossly obtuse.

mockbee

#770 Post by mockbee » Fri May 18, 2012 12:50 pm

creep wrote:was the guy that hit you on the phone or texting?
Very important question..... wasn't going to ask it as I feel rather :essence: lately

Xizen47

#771 Post by Xizen47 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Not that I know of, CHP took down all the info.. I'm still not sure if they even had insurance. Should be finding out shortly though. My insurance company just emailed me to let me know they've recived the police report and will be contacting me soon.

Juana

#772 Post by Juana » Fri May 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Damn that is crazy, hopefully they don't raise your rates or anything

creep
Site Admin

#773 Post by creep » Fri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Xizen47 wrote:Not that I know of, CHP took down all the info.. I'm still not sure if they even had insurance. Should be finding out shortly though. My insurance company just emailed me to let me know they've recived the police report and will be contacting me soon.
most people that have a $4000 car don't have full coverage. you are lucky you have it.

Larry B.

#774 Post by Larry B. » Fri May 18, 2012 2:29 pm

mockbee wrote:Death is kind of final.
and NOW you tell me????

:lol:

Xizen47

#775 Post by Xizen47 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:30 pm

creep wrote: most people that have a $4000 car don't have full coverage. you are lucky you have it.
My car's Blue Book was around 8 thousand. Insurance is cutting me a check for $12,000 :aoa: I'm taking in 4k over BB

I had 3 payments left on a 5 year loan :lol: