ODDSAC

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Larry B.

ODDSAC

#1 Post by Larry B. » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Today I had some marihuana and watched ODDSAC. Great combination.

I recommend it.

sinep

Re: ODDSAC

#2 Post by sinep » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:26 pm

i've got an odd sac.

the left one is a bit saggier than the right one.

Matz

#3 Post by Matz » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:37 pm

cool, a little surprised though, as I recall you don't drink alcohol so I didn't think you would touch drugs either. But glad to see you're not a fanatic, nothing wrong with a little weed every now and then

right Seth Rogen?

Larry B.

#4 Post by Larry B. » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:30 pm

It's been 5 years since I last smoked marihuana and I received some signs that told me I should consider its use in certain occasions... such as for oddsac

Artemis

#5 Post by Artemis » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:34 pm

was one of the signs a single rolling paper in front of your door ? :lol:

clickie

#6 Post by clickie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:00 pm

be very careful with that stuff Larry...
I've tried it a couple times and found it to be highly addictive and the withdrawl effects
will knock you on your ass if you're not prepared.. brb..:kv:

Pandemonium

#7 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 pm

clickie

#8 Post by clickie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:26 pm

I just don't want to see Larry end up like his old man....

Artemis

#9 Post by Artemis » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:33 pm

clickie wrote: will knock you on your ass if you're not prepared.. brb..:kv:
yes, that's very true.

one time when i was at a friend's place there was a guy there(cousin or brother of one of the other people who was there) who had this REALLY strong weed that made me vomit and hold my glass of water with 2 hands! the guy pulls out this pinner and says, "watch out this shit'll knock you on your ass" i replied, "oh, i'm a seasoned professional. i can handle it." boy, was i wrong! :lol:

i had been drinking as well, so maybe the combination made me sick, but it REALLY was some strong stuff.

clickie

#10 Post by clickie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 pm

holy shit :lolol: i lost it when you said u puked and needed two hands to hold a glass of water...

Larry B.

#11 Post by Larry B. » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:31 am

:lol:

It's not like I'd never smoked before... I smoked from the ages of 13 to 23, when I said "ok, I guess 10 years is enough". I was never an avid smoker either. If somebody had, I'd join in. And the very few times I ended up somewhat wasted (2 times, if I recall correctly) it was 100% voluntarily... and it never caused vomiting or anything. One time it was incredibly great and trippy, the other time was very baaad. I smoked around 7 joints of really strong stuff and I ended up feeling like was having a heart attack. The effect lasted for around 9 hours, which was pretty scary too.

Now I bought some for 2 reasons: anxiety and alienation. Waiting for signs for something else I have to do is becoming increasingly stressful, and sometimes I'm not sure what to do with it. And it will also bring me a little closer to certain humans, which I guess I need to do from time to time. It already had good effects in both areas, so I guess it's fine.

I'm not planning on smoking daily either... it's just there for when I need it.

Artemis

#12 Post by Artemis » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:35 am

What do you mean you are waiting for signs?

Like if you keep finding shoes in need of repair you would take that as a sign to become a cobbler?

Matz

#13 Post by Matz » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:08 am

I believe in signs as well. I.e. the universe or whatever you want to call the power that sends them will push people in certain directions to make certain things happen. Like when Hillel Slovak died and they met Frusciante who was an 18 year old, band less, huge Chili Peppers fan prodigy. Was it just a coincidence that he lived in LA and not Oslo Norway, no, stuff like that is pre planned somehow the way I see it.

However, I don't believe that that same higher power also sends people signs of whether or not so smoke pot. It works on big important things only I think.
Unless of course smoking pot for Larry is the first important step in a chain of future events that eventually will lead him to somewhere special

Larry B.

#14 Post by Larry B. » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:21 am

Yeah, 'signs' as in seeing a significant chain of coincidences or something like that. The thing is, I'm roughly a year away from one of the most beautiful and life-altering decisions of my life. I mean, the decision if pretty much made, but around April of 2013 the actions will finally take place. Waiting for next April is a little stressing sometimes. Having to watch my finances, having to work, having to take care of human relationships... at times, it becomes a little too much for me to handle. I wouldn't say that I can't handle it, it's just that I don't really want to. I feel like I've grown tired of most of the daily human interactions, and I've made a decision based on that (btw, the decision isn't killing myself... just to clear that up) and a bunch of other stuff. But the catch is that I must wait.

And as time goes by (this decision was made like 6 years ago) and the deadline comes closer, anxiety increases. It's like when you're outside and you really have to pee, and the closer you are to your door, the more you HAVE to pee. It's like your bladders knows you're closer to a toilet so it takes the liberty to press harder.

I'm waiting for a certain event. If it happens tomorrow, then instead of April 2013 I will begin this new stage around September or October of this year. If it doesn't happen, then it'll be around April 2013.

Here's a good example of a sign: lately, for no apparent reason (although I think this anxiety regarding this new stage has had to do with it), I've been thinking about one of my ex girlfriends. The good times, the bad times, wondering how is she now, etc. So, today I wake up, check my e-mail and I see an e-mail from Amazon. It said that you could sell your CDs to Amazon and get Amazon credit to buy new stuff. I looked in my closet, grabbed the tower of CDs I have (there were only 8 or 9), and I see this strange CD case. I examine it, and the cover has a photo of my and this ex. I have absolutely no recollection of this CD. It had some music that we both enjoyed... I thought maybe her brother made us this CD as some sort of Christmas present or something. the back cover had another picture. It was kinda nice seeing her, but this whole thing left me a little confused, especially because I couldn't find a CD that I actually want to turn in to Amazon.