Dennis Rodman

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
guysmiley

Dennis Rodman

#1 Post by guysmiley » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 am

So in a way, he has a rock history, and just got into the hall of fame. Always seemed like a real dude with real problems, not like any athlete today. I miss the guy. Strange connection to Jane's being Carmens ex-husband. I always thought him and Dave would have gotten along very well. Anyways, I liked the dude, and you can't knock his hustle and willpower. I always said I wanted to implement his dating style; date but live in separate houses.

Pretty heart felt, unlike many that come through the HOF.

Artemis

Re: Dennis Rodman

#2 Post by Artemis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:10 am

wow that very emotional. i teared up.

he was certainly a character. he was sort of like the flip wilson of basketball when he was in the women's lingerie period. :lol:

i remember when he and madonna were an item briefly.

guysmiley

#3 Post by guysmiley » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 am

I always love the fact that he was a huge Pearl Jam fan. This song was about him.

Him and Eddie were good friends. You get to hear his voice message in this song. He even makes an appearance in the movie "Three Days".

Matz

#4 Post by Matz » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:24 am

I like him a lot. He's a wild guy but at the same time he has his heart in the right place

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:30 am

the guy obviously has a lot of issues but i like the guy. i like ron artest too and i see them as sort of similar. my favorite story that he told howard stern was that carmen caught him in bed with another girl and he told her and insisted that the girl just fell through the ceiling into the bed.

Larry B.

#6 Post by Larry B. » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:39 am

When I played basketball in high school I totally wanted to be like Rodman. For those entire 8 days, I was obsessesed with catching as many rebounds as I could.

Juana

#7 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:45 am

Yeah Rodman was awesome. People forgot how much he had to do with the second Bulls 3 peats especially in getting in the head of Karl Malone in the finals. Then away from the court he was always up to something

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:46 pm

guysmiley wrote: I always thought him and Dave would have gotten along very well.
i agree.

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:51 pm

I was a fan of Rodman in my teen years. The guy was the rockstar of basketball. Colorful, big mouth, and yet always emotional and crying in interviews.

It always seemed like the dude had alot of issues, and worked them out on the basketball court.

Smart enough to get into the heads of everyone he played against, and physical enough to back it up.

I always loved how he just kind of half assed all his shots because he knew he would just be the one to come up with the rebound which he could either tip in or redistribute to someone who would nail the shot.

And then there was that game where he nailed three 3 pointers in a row in the final minutes...

What an entertainer. There isn't anyone like that anymore. Too many guys thinking they are badasses but none of them doing anything to prove it.

Juana

#10 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:12 pm

I agree he came out of college and in interviews he stated if he wanted to he would've been a 20 pt scorer a game but he was on the Pistons / Spurs / Bulls and they needed defense and rebounding because they all had scoring so he did what was needed. Given his ability to mentally take people out of the game I have no doubt if his mind was on it he could have been a scorer.

Its funny that he managed to dominate games and not score the ball. He was a star.

I also agree they don't have many like him anymore these days.