Now Watching...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Bandit72

Re: Now Watching...

#301 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Just started watching Flint Town. It was recommended.

creep
Site Admin

#302 Post by creep » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:31 pm

creep wrote:
creep wrote:It's not getting great reviews but I thought the first three episodes of Succession were really good.

Probably my favorite series going right now. Way better than Billions.
I thought the finale was really good. I'm surprised this series isn't more popular. I'm glad there will be another season.

chaos

#303 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:16 am

Artemis wrote:I liked the first episode of Sharp Objects on HBO. It's new, just started last Sunday. The show is based on a novel by Gillian Flynn(Gone Girl) and stars Amy Adams. Her character is a reporter who returns to her hometown in Missouri to report on a couple of murders.
The first episode may be too slow moving for some but I liked it and am interested to watch more. Definitely a True Detective vibe..

I really like this show. The pace suits the southern gothic tone of it.

creep wrote:
creep wrote:
creep wrote:It's not getting great reviews but I thought the first three episodes of Succession were really good.

Probably my favorite series going right now. Way better than Billions.
I thought the finale was really good. I'm surprised this series isn't more popular. I'm glad there will be another season.
I was undecided after the first episode. I am glad I stuck with it though; it got better and better with each episode. The casting is spot on; they all play off each other so well. I can not imagine another actor being able to pull off the character Greg. The actress who plays Shiv is incredible. I sympathized with Kendall (for the first time) in the last scene of the finale with regard to his father's ruthlessness cloaked in a guise of paternal love. It was heartbreaking.

I've been binging on The Fall on Netflix.

creep
Site Admin

#304 Post by creep » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:44 pm

chaos wrote:

Agent Scully with a British accent?

I need a new show so I will check it out...with subtitles of course.

creep
Site Admin

#305 Post by creep » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:51 pm

By the way I think I might stop my Playstation Vue account. They just raised their prices and I have a great HD antenna so I get all the local channels. I only use it for UFC fights on FS1 and the Discovery Chanel. Is that worth $50 a month?

I think I can do Netflix, HBO and Prime and have enough to watch. Showtime only when a good series is on.

I wish I had the patience to research how to make one of those Fire Sticks that get everything for free. I think Artemis has one.

clickie

#306 Post by clickie » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Did you guys catch Macaulay Culkin on Joe Rogan? He seems like a cool dude.

creep
Site Admin

#307 Post by creep » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:17 pm

creep wrote:
chaos wrote:

I just finished S2. It's pretty good but I have to ignore all the stuff that the police would never do in real life. I could go on and on...

clickie

#308 Post by clickie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:59 pm

You know what TV show I want to watch that came out a little bit before my time is Crime Story.

creep
Site Admin

#309 Post by creep » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:45 pm

creep wrote:
creep wrote:
chaos wrote:

I just finished S2. It's pretty good but I have to ignore all the stuff that the police would never do in real life. I could go on and on...
Just finished it. Here is a tip for all of you. If you plan on becoming a serial killer do it in Ireland. Just say you don't remember anything and you can stay in a nice place and walk around unrestrained. You can then beat up a woman detective and break some other dudes arm and then get in no trouble at all and walk around unrestrained again and fuck some more people up. Every woman you meet will also fall in love with you.

Overall it was a good series. I need something new now...

Artemis

#310 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:47 pm

creep wrote: Overall it was a good series. I need something new now...
Season 2 of The Sinner is really good, better than the first season, imo. Bill Pullman's character is the only one that's the same as in the first season.

I love the show Power(crime drama). I think I posted about it a few years ago. It's in the fifth season now, really good.

creep
Site Admin

#311 Post by creep » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Artemis wrote:
creep wrote: Overall it was a good series. I need something new now...
Season 2 of The Sinner is really good, better than the first season, imo. Bill Pullman's character is the only one that's the same as in the first season.

That show has pretty good reviews. I will give it a shot. :tiphat:

MYXYLPLYX

#312 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:12 pm

creep wrote:By the way I think I might stop my Playstation Vue account. They just raised their prices and I have a great HD antenna so I get all the local channels. I only use it for UFC fights on FS1 and the Discovery Chanel. Is that worth $50 a month?

I think I can do Netflix, HBO and Prime and have enough to watch. Showtime only when a good series is on.

I wish I had the patience to research how to make one of those Fire Sticks that get everything for free. I think Artemis has one.

What HD antenna are you using?

creep
Site Admin

#313 Post by creep » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:25 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
creep wrote:By the way I think I might stop my Playstation Vue account. They just raised their prices and I have a great HD antenna so I get all the local channels. I only use it for UFC fights on FS1 and the Discovery Chanel. Is that worth $50 a month?

What HD antenna are you using?
I've tried every fancy, expensive indoor antenna with no success. I ended up putting one in my attic but that involves running wires unless you can splice in to the existing cable. I live in a two story so it's pretty high. I am about 40 miles from the TV towers.

This is what I bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DN ... UTF8&psc=1

This will show you where your towers are.

https://nocable.org/home

creep
Site Admin

#314 Post by creep » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Artemis wrote:I liked the first episode of Sharp Objects on HBO. It's new, just started last Sunday. The show is based on a novel by Gillian Flynn(Gone Girl) and stars Amy Adams. Her character is a reporter who returns to her hometown in Missouri to report on a couple of murders.
The first episode may be too slow moving for some but I liked it and am interested to watch more. Definitely a True Detective vibe..

Disappointing finale. I know the whole show isn't just about the murder case but to "solve" it in 5 minutes when they had all those episodes to focus more on it. The twist at the end was silly. I didn't hate the series but it could have been so much more.

Artemis

#315 Post by Artemis » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:45 pm

creep wrote:

Disappointing finale. I know the whole show isn't just about the murder case but to "solve" it in 5 minutes when they had all those episodes to focus more on it. The twist at the end was silly. I didn't hate the series but it could have been so much more.
Just watched the finale last night and agree that it was disappointing. As you said, the twist was silly. Seemed like a rush job and didn't really fit.

Overall, I did like the series.The story was unique and not your typical murder mystery story. I didn't like all the flashbacks, too many and distracting at times. I thought Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson were excellent. Loved the mother-daughter stare down in the final episode. I really liked the use of music in the show too.

chaos

#316 Post by chaos » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Yeah, the Sharp Objects finale was pretty bad. It was as though the staff quit right before the final episode and they brought in a temp to wrap it up. :lol: It's a shame since it was a good series.

I've been binging on a series called Rectify. It aired on originally Sundance and is on Netflix. I don't know why this show wasn't on my radar. Great show. Three more episodes to go (out of 30 over four seasons).

creep
Site Admin

#317 Post by creep » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:41 pm

chaos wrote:
I've been binging on a series called Rectify. It aired on originally Sundance and is on Netflix. I don't know why this show wasn't on my radar. Great show. Three more episodes to go (out of 30 over four seasons).

I need a new series since nothing is on right now. I never heard of it but it got really good reviews on metacritic. Every new season got better reviews which is rare. I will give it a shot. :thumb:

Artemis

#318 Post by Artemis » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:07 pm

Great recommendation,chaos! I heard about this show but never got around to watching it until last night...after I read your post.

I watched all of the first season in one sitting and didn't go to bed until almost 04:30!! :O

creep
Site Admin

#319 Post by creep » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:23 pm

Artemis wrote:Great recommendation,chaos! I heard about this show but never got around to watching it until last night...after I read your post.

I watched all of the first season in one sitting and didn't go to bed until almost 04:30!! :O
:lol: wow..

I'm about 6 episodes in and so far it is OK. I don't like the slingblade-like main character. I don't find him interesting or likeable at all. I will keep going though and hopefully his character will start to develop.

chaos

#320 Post by chaos » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:15 am

@ Artemis - I watched the first season in one season as well. :lol: I wish this show continued after the fourth season. I miss the characters and want to know more.

@ Creep - The character from Slingblade did not come to mind with regard to Aiden's character. :noclue: He speaks with a slow deliberateness though.

I might start watching Ozark next.

(I have been slightly incapacitated with a shoulder issues, so I've been watching more tv :lol: )

creep
Site Admin

#321 Post by creep » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:04 am

I finished the first three seasons and I liked 2 and 3 much more than 1. I still don't like the Daniel character but maybe that is a male female thing? I like his sister but that is probably because she is hot. :noclue:

Once I'm done I will probably watch Ozark or jack Ryan.

chaos

#322 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:47 am

Did anyone who watched Shape Objects finale know there was a post credits scene? :noclue: I just found out about it. I will watch it later.

I watched the first episode of Ozark last night. I don't know why, but Jason Bateman doesn't fit well with the rest of the cast. He's just an actor reading lines. I'm going to keep watching though.

chaos

#323 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:14 pm

chaos wrote:Did anyone who watched Sharp Objects finale know there was a post credits scene?
Two brief scenes: one at 2:53, and another at 4:10.

Pandemonium

#324 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:43 pm

I'm 4 episodes into Jack Ryan and like it quite a bit. It's so far like a streamlined version of the first few seasons of Homeland without the (mostly Carrie) soap opera drama.

kv

#325 Post by kv » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:19 pm

I was on the edge...you sold me..first season of Homeland was fun