Now Watching...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Message
Author
User avatar
chaos
Posts: 4512
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Now Watching...

#461 Post by chaos » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:49 pm

I just finished Netflix's Unbelievable. It was not what I expected; I'm glad I decided to give it a go. I got sucked right in. Strong acting and writing. The actress Kaitlyn Dever is phenomenal.

There are eight episodes, 45-60 minutes each.

Image

https://theithacan.org/life-culture/rev ... al-truths/

“Unbelievable” is a riveting, suspenseful and often difficult–to–watch series that successfully tackles a relevant topic. Coming on the heels of the #MeToo movement, media like “Unbelievable,” which treats the aftermath of sexual assault with honesty and sensitivity, is integral to creating a society that both believes and respects victims.

User avatar
Larry B.
Posts: 7002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: Now Watching...

#462 Post by Larry B. » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:30 pm

I’m watching HBO’s “Succession”, about a Murdoch-like family and the family dynamics through a period where the father might step down and there are 4 grown up, rich sons and daughters in line to the throne.

Quite entertaining in general. Very Office-like in terms of direction, script and character features. I’d recommend giving it a go.

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9722
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Now Watching...

#463 Post by creep » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:31 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:30 pm
I’m watching HBO’s “Succession”, about a Murdoch-like family and the family dynamics through a period where the father might step down and there are 4 grown up, rich sons and daughters in line to the throne.

Quite entertaining in general. Very Office-like in terms of direction, script and character features. I’d recommend giving it a go.
best series on tv right now by far.

User avatar
Bandit72
Posts: 2723
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 am
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: Now Watching...

#464 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:47 am

Anyone watched Queen of the South or Narcos? Which is better? I watched the pilot for QOTS at the weekend and it was a bit meh... Should I carry on?

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9722
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Now Watching...

#465 Post by creep » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:56 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:47 am
Anyone watched Queen of the South or Narcos? Which is better? I watched the pilot for QOTS at the weekend and it was a bit meh... Should I carry on?
I never heard of QOTS but Narcos is great. Watch it. :nod:

User avatar
chaos
Posts: 4512
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Now Watching...

#466 Post by chaos » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:52 pm

I started watching Sneaky Pete (Amazon) last week. I'm hooked. (I am on ep 3 of Season 2.)

User avatar
perkana
Posts: 5352
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Now Watching...

#467 Post by perkana » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:19 pm

chaos wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:49 pm
I just finished Netflix's Unbelievable. It was not what I expected; I'm glad I decided to give it a go. I got sucked right in. Strong acting and writing. The actress Kaitlyn Dever is phenomenal.

There are eight episodes, 45-60 minutes each.

Image

https://theithacan.org/life-culture/rev ... al-truths/

“Unbelievable” is a riveting, suspenseful and often difficult–to–watch series that successfully tackles a relevant topic. Coming on the heels of the #MeToo movement, media like “Unbelievable,” which treats the aftermath of sexual assault with honesty and sensitivity, is integral to creating a society that both believes and respects victims.
I had to listen to "This American Life" episode about this case. Her foster mom (the one who called the detective) sounds like a piece of shit. I don't know how the real Marie forgave her.
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/581/anatomy-of-doubt

creep
Site Admin
Posts: 9722
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Now Watching...

#468 Post by creep » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:45 pm

I watched El Camino tonight. It was pretty good but not much happened. It seemed like a regular breaking bad episode that should be followed by more episodes. :noclue:

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3749
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Now Watching...

#469 Post by Matz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:11 am

fuck really?! I have been so looking forward to it.

Anyone here into West World? People say very good things about it and I'm thinking about buying the first two season. But I'm surprised that it hasn't been discussed here, is that because it actually sucks? :noclue:

User avatar
chaos
Posts: 4512
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Now Watching...

#470 Post by chaos » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Matz wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:11 am

Anyone here into West World? People say very good things about it and I'm thinking about buying the first two season. But I'm surprised that it hasn't been discussed here, is that because it actually sucks? :noclue:
^
Westworld thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3090&hilit=westworld

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3749
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Now Watching...

#471 Post by Matz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:18 pm

chaos wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:04 pm
Matz wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:11 am

Anyone here into West World? People say very good things about it and I'm thinking about buying the first two season. But I'm surprised that it hasn't been discussed here, is that because it actually sucks? :noclue:
^
Westworld thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3090&hilit=westworld
:bday: thank you thank you!!

User avatar
Bandit72
Posts: 2723
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 am
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: Now Watching...

#472 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:26 am

creep wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:45 pm
I watched El Camino tonight. It was pretty good but not much happened. It seemed like a regular breaking bad episode that should be followed by more episodes. :noclue:
I watched it on Saturday. I enjoyed it, however it had lost some of the classic Vince Gilligan camera work. Maybe it's a prequel to Season 6?

I also watched Joker at the cinema yesterday. Wasn't impressed at all...

User avatar
crater
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: west of Westeros
Contact:

Re: Now Watching...

#473 Post by crater » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Image


Just finished watching the first episode and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 9028
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Now Watching...

#474 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 pm

I've been watching The Morning Show.
I found the first couple of episode a little on the weak side, but gets better.



User avatar
perkana
Posts: 5352
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Now Watching...

#475 Post by perkana » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Reese has an interview show on Netflix. Have been trying to watch it but have been binge watching other shows like "Atypical", "Insatiable", "The Politician" and "Queer Eye in Japan" (sweetest season ever). After the latest season of "The Crown" I'm going to give it a go.

Post Reply