off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
parklife03

Re: Now Watching...

#521 Post by parklife03 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:04 pm

Hype wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:23 pm
parklife03 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:01 pm
I love Trailer Park Boys. In fact, I watched their 12 seasons in a row last year.
It's bizarre comedy, like a mockumentary with lots of sarcasm and disasters going on. First 2 or 3 chapters are slow burners, but then it gets going! They are from Canada.
I suggest you watch the original series on Netflix, those that have 12 seasons (not the animated ones). There are several artists appearing, like Rush, Sebastian Bach, C.S.N., Snoop Dogg and many more.

In the same vein, I just finished the new Norsemen season. Hilarious parody to Vikings and those kind of shows. Also on Netflix.
If you like TPB you might like Letterkenny. It's similar, but more the Ontario style of small-town people, and their style of humour. A lot of rapid-fire puns and chirping, rather than the East Coast people from TPB. Letterkenny is hard for me to watch, even when it's funny, because I grew up with every kind of person they show in it. :neutral:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u53ek
Yes, I tried to watch Letterkenny but I couldn't find Spanish subtitles, neither a streaming service with Spanish subs. It has lot of Canadian references that I can't understand without them. Hope someday they make it available here!

Hype

Re: Now Watching...

#522 Post by Hype » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 am

parklife03 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:04 pm
Hype wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:23 pm
parklife03 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:01 pm
I love Trailer Park Boys. In fact, I watched their 12 seasons in a row last year.
It's bizarre comedy, like a mockumentary with lots of sarcasm and disasters going on. First 2 or 3 chapters are slow burners, but then it gets going! They are from Canada.
I suggest you watch the original series on Netflix, those that have 12 seasons (not the animated ones). There are several artists appearing, like Rush, Sebastian Bach, C.S.N., Snoop Dogg and many more.

In the same vein, I just finished the new Norsemen season. Hilarious parody to Vikings and those kind of shows. Also on Netflix.
If you like TPB you might like Letterkenny. It's similar, but more the Ontario style of small-town people, and their style of humour. A lot of rapid-fire puns and chirping, rather than the East Coast people from TPB. Letterkenny is hard for me to watch, even when it's funny, because I grew up with every kind of person they show in it. :neutral:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u53ek
Yes, I tried to watch Letterkenny but I couldn't find Spanish subtitles, neither a streaming service with Spanish subs. It has lot of Canadian references that I can't understand without them. Hope someday they make it available here!
This might work: https://www.opensubtitles.org/es/ssearc ... vie-462575