Now Watching...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

Re: Now Watching...

#141 Post by chaos » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:59 pm

I've been watching Animal Kingdom; it's like a Sons of Anarchy-lite. It is a guilty pleasure. The series finale is next Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised if Shawn Hatosy gets an emmy nod.

Artemis

#142 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:15 pm

chaos wrote:I've been watching Animal Kingdom; it's like a Sons of Anarchy-lite. It is a guilty pleasure. The series finale is next Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised if Shawn Hatosy gets an emmy nod.
I've been watching too. I'll admit it, it's the cute boys that have got me sticking with the show. :lol:

Ellen Barkin's character gives me the willies, she's kind of creepy in this show.

Shawn Hatosy is good in this. I recently binge-watched a series he was in called Southland. Pretty good...

Southland
Veteran Los Angeles cop John Cooper is assigned to train rookie Ben Sherman, who finds himself questioning whether he has the right stuff to be a police officer after witnessing Cooper's no-nonsense approach. Other members of the police team include Detective Lydia Adams, who is her mother's primary caregiver away from the office; her partner, Russell Clarke, an unhappily married father of three; Detective Daniel "Sal" Salinger, who oversees gang detectives Nate Moretta and Sammy Bryant; and patrol officer Chickie Brown, a single mother who dreams of joining the SWAT team.

chaos

#143 Post by chaos » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:36 am

Artemis wrote:
Ellen Barkin's character gives me the willies, she's kind of creepy in this show.
She seems as though she has trouble speaking. It is probably the result of all the work she has done on her face.

Artemis wrote: Shawn Hatosy is good in this. I recently binge-watched a series he was in called Southland. Pretty good...
I have to watch this show from the beginning. I can't believe it was cancelled; it was so good. I caught episodes here and there, but watched all of the final season. The penultimate show of the series (with Cooper, Luceros, and the meth heads) haunted me for days. What an episode!

creep
Site Admin

#144 Post by creep » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Hype wrote:Stranger Things was okay. I think it rides the nostalgia pony a little too hard. The story itself is pretty weak. Nice production values -- Netflix clearly pushes its own stuff as hard as it can. Don't think it's as good as everyone feels it is.
i loved the first 5 or 6 episodes. the last few lost me. the story got too ridiculous.

Sue

#145 Post by Sue » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:24 pm

creep wrote:
Hype wrote:Stranger Things was okay. I think it rides the nostalgia pony a little too hard. The story itself is pretty weak. Nice production values -- Netflix clearly pushes its own stuff as hard as it can. Don't think it's as good as everyone feels it is.
i loved the first 5 or 6 episodes. the last few lost me. the story got too ridiculous.
Boooo
I loved it beginning to end. Suspension of disbelief, my friend. :lolol:

crater

#146 Post by crater » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:01 pm

The Night Of ..

Is an awesome show.

Artemis

#147 Post by Artemis » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Watched The Get Down over the weekend- loved it!! The first episode was VERY Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) and too musicalish for me, but then it really gets good. So far only half the season was aired. Next half will be in 2017.

nausearockpig

#148 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:59 am

Sue wrote:
creep wrote:
Boooo
I loved it beginning to end. Suspension of disbelief, my friend. :lolol:

https://www.geeksaresexy.net/2016/08/16 ... -toys-pics

creep
Site Admin

#149 Post by creep » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:27 pm

crater wrote:The Night Of ..

Is an awesome show.
there is a lot to wrap up in one episode. before this episode i thought they were going to find the real killer but nasir would murder someone in jail and end up staying behind bars.

now i think he gets killed in jail and that is the end of the story. trial over. he leaves behind something where he confesses to the murder.

clickie

#150 Post by clickie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:11 am

Anyone else watch the Rob Lowe roast last night. Damn that shit was funny.
Even Peyton Manning was killing it. Those roasts are the best thing about Comedy Central.

blackula

#151 Post by blackula » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:11 pm

The night of was cool, got a little wanky with the plot twists but overall was pretty good and John Turturo was excellent.

Just binged the first 7 episodes of Vice Principals, not as funny as East Bound And Down but funny and worth watching.

Shameless is back soon!

Artemis

#152 Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:09 pm

A few new shows I like:

Atlanta
High Maintenance
Quarry
This Is Us (Actually, I'm on the fence about this one)
Pitch
Designated Survivor

Finished Season 3 of Transparent- best one yet!

The new Macgyver sucks. I watched about half of the first episode and gave up on it.

S&M

#153 Post by S&M » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:39 pm

Haven't read this thread but my sweets has been seriously trying to get me into "Stranger Things" on Netflix...watched the first one....Felt super 80's...even the music with its cheeze synths....might end up digging this one :hehe:...edit and I read back one page and saw yer all on it :nod: ...Now I gotta catch up :thumb:

creep
Site Admin

#154 Post by creep » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Artemis wrote:A few new shows I like:

Atlanta
High Maintenance
Quarry
Pitch
Designated Survivor

i assume these are network shows since i never heard of them. i just don't watch any network shows anymore. i wish i did but i have a hard time starting one. the last network show i can remember watching is the blacklist. i gave up on that because it started getting so unbelievable. i see that is started again.

i finally started mad men. just finished the first season and i really like it so far.

my next old series that i never watched is going to be the west wing i think. i like a lot of sorkin stuff. is it worth getting in to?

Artemis

#155 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:54 am

creep wrote:

Atlanta
High Maintenance
Quarry
Pitch
Designated Survivor

i assume these are network shows since i never heard of them. i just don't watch any network shows anymore. i wish i did but i have a hard time starting one. the last network show i can remember watching is the blacklist. i gave up on that because it started getting so unbelievable. i see that is started again.

i finally started mad men. just finished the first season and i really like it so far.

my next old series that i never watched is going to be the west wing i think. i like a lot of sorkin stuff. is it worth getting in to?
Some are network and some not..

Atlanta - FX
High Maintenance-HBO
Quarry-Cinemax
This Is Us-NBC
Pitch-Fox
Designated Survivor-ABC

I watched Mad Men for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. I've never seen The West Wing either, should give it a whirl.

Oh, I tried to watch the Gilmour Girls but did not got into it at all. I know people really love it, but not my cup of tea. :noclue:

chaos

#156 Post by chaos » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:57 am

Atlanta
High Maintenance
Quarry
Pitch
Designated Survivor

Finished Season 3 of Transparent- best one yet!

The new Macgyver sucks. I watched about half of the first episode and gave up on it.
I've seen This is Us and Designated Survivor. I'm interested enough to watch the next (3rd) episode of each. This is Us is clever and Designated Survivor is disturbing, but the brief smatterings of schmaltz detract from the strengths of each show.

I'm going to give Quarry a try.

I have seen the first two episodes of The Exorcist (Fox). I wasn't expecting much, but it isn't bad. Ben Daniels (Father Marcus Lang) is really good.

creep
Site Admin

#157 Post by creep » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:08 pm

i watched the amanda knox doc on netflix. it was really interesting. i didn't really follow the case when it was happening so it was pretty new to me. i'm not 100% convinced that she had nothing to do with it. her "confession" is what gets me to have some doubt. if you are innocent i don't get why you would ever admit to any involvement. it's happened many times before so i guess it does happen.

crater

#158 Post by crater » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Is an awesome show.
John Turturro remained awesome, and Chalky White (sorry, forgot his name for this show) was cool, but I really started to dislike everyone else on the show.

By the final episode I was hoping for Naz to get shanked in prison.

erotic cheeses

#159 Post by erotic cheeses » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:00 pm

blackula wrote:The night of was cool, got a little wanky with the plot twists but overall was pretty good and John Turturo was excellent.

Just binged the first 7 episodes of Vice Principals, not as funny as East Bound And Down but funny and worth watching.

Shameless is back soon!
I still struggle with the notion that shameless got remade in the U.S., I don't get how it can transcribe from gritty Manchester ?

creep
Site Admin

#160 Post by creep » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Artemis wrote:
creep wrote:

Atlanta
High Maintenance
Quarry
Pitch
Designated Survivor

Some are network and some not..

Atlanta - FX
High Maintenance-HBO
Quarry-Cinemax
This Is Us-NBC
Pitch-Fox
Designated Survivor-ABC

I watched Mad Men for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. I've never seen The West Wing either, should give it a whirl.
i just finished mad men. i got through seven seasons way too fast. now i'm bummed that that there are no more. i thought the ending was good,. it left you wanting more but shows never wrap everything up anymore. great series.

Artemis

#161 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:05 pm

creep, you really have to watch Quarry. It's only 8 episodes, season finale was last night. I think it's one of the best shows I have watched all year. The acting, directing, story and camera work are excellent. Last night's finale was close to perfection for tying up loose ends; it left the viewer satisfied. The entire series was directed by one director, Greg Yaitanes. Oh, and the music in the show is pretty great too.

Here's an example of the music. This is a cover of Sam &Dave tune. The show is set in early 70s Memphis.

erotic cheeses

#162 Post by erotic cheeses » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:33 pm

creep wrote:

Is an awesome show.
there is a lot to wrap up in one episode. before this episode i thought they were going to find the real killer but nasir would murder someone in jail and end up staying behind bars.

now i think he gets killed in jail and that is the end of the story. trial over. he leaves behind something where he confesses to the murder.
Thought this was awesome (loved the scabby defence lawyer) until the last episode - felt cheated

crater

#163 Post by crater » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Everyone should watch this

creep
Site Admin

#164 Post by creep » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Artemis wrote:creep, you really have to watch Quarry. It's only 8 episodes, season finale was last night. I think it's one of the best shows I have watched all year. The acting, directing, story and camera work are excellent. Last night's finale was close to perfection for tying up loose ends; it left the viewer satisfied. The entire series was directed by one director, Greg Yaitanes. Oh, and the music in the show is pretty great too.

Here's an example of the music. This is a cover of Sam &Dave tune. The show is set in early 70s Memphis.

i watched the first episode and really liked it. thanks for the recommendation. :thumb:

Artemis

#165 Post by Artemis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:49 pm

:tiphat: