Now Watching...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Re: Now Watching...

#181 Post by perkana » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:53 am

erotic cheeses wrote:Has tom hardy' taboo on BBC beeen mentioned here? I know we have some TH fans here...
I've read that it sucks. I haven't watched it yet though...Does it really suck that bad?

Artemis

#182 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:17 am

perkana wrote:
erotic cheeses wrote:Has tom hardy' taboo on BBC beeen mentioned here? I know we have some TH fans here...
I've read that it sucks. I haven't watched it yet though...Does it really suck that bad?
I read some very negative reviews about this show too. I'm still planning to check it out to see if I like it or not.

erotic cheeses

#183 Post by erotic cheeses » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Well I m not a tom hardy fan (mrs ec is) so didn't keep me engaged it's a bit weird. Generally what auntie (BBC) puts out has a certain quality

(Not selling this am I?) it will appeal to fans of victoriana noir..

perkana

#184 Post by perkana » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am

You had me at Tom Hardy and victorian. Will definitely check it out.

creep
Site Admin

#185 Post by creep » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:53 am

anyone watch the killing? never heard of it before. i am almost finished with season 1 and it's pretty good.

erotic cheeses

#186 Post by erotic cheeses » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:58 pm

perkana wrote:You had me at Tom Hardy and victorian. Will definitely check it out.
That was my intention m'am

Bandit72

#187 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:40 am

creep wrote:anyone watch the killing? never heard of it before. i am almost finished with season 1 and it's pretty good.

Man you need to watch the Danish one. It's BRILLIANT.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0826760/

dannyboy

#188 Post by dannyboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:23 am

I haven't seen the remakes but the original Danish version of The Killing is out of this world. The Bridge is equally good!

I'm no expert but I reckon up there with True Detective and Breaking Bad.

Pandemonium

#189 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:34 am

My wife dragged me practically kicking and screaming into watching several of her shows and now I'm getting into Billions and Suits mostly due to the acting in both series.

Artemis

#190 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:13 am

I like Billions, haven't watched Suits.

Suits used to do some filming in the office tower I worked in.

blackula

#191 Post by blackula » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah, Billions is pretty good. We've been watching that, Homeland, the HBO show about the stand up comedian and Islanders games.

It's interesting how Netflix has become the place for new big name comedy specials. I watched 1 of 2 new Chapelle specials and it was funny. New Jim Norton was decent. I thought Any Schumer's special sucked. I guess that's controversial to say, lol, just didn't think it was funny.

After we blazed through Stranger Things the O A was recommended. Watched the first 2 episodes and haven't gone back yet. It seems cool but it didn't suck us in. Will finish though

Hype

#192 Post by Hype » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:00 am

It's interesting how Netflix has become the place for new big name comedy specials. I watched 1 of 2 new Chapelle specials and it was funny. New Jim Norton was decent. I thought Any Schumer's special sucked. I guess that's controversial to say, lol, just didn't think it was funny.
Dave's new specials were good, though I realized partway through that he reused some old jokes, which is okay, but it's definitely old-school, and I don't think he'll ever be as big as he was... a kind of Jane's Addiction-like nostalgia trip, without the hits. I'm hoping the third one will be better.

I don't think it's controversial to say that Amy Schumer's special sucked. It did suck. It was godawful. I think it would only be controversial if you said: "Man did that special suck. See? Women aren't funny after all."

The Jim Norton one I can't bring myself to watch. I've been burned by Netflix garbage specials too many times now. I don't trust them.

creep
Site Admin

#193 Post by creep » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 am

Hype wrote:
The Jim Norton one I can't bring myself to watch. I've been burned by Netflix garbage specials too many times now. I don't trust them.
I'm usually not a fan of standup specials but the Jim Norton one was pretty funny. You should give it a try.

perkana

#194 Post by perkana » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Is it just me or anyone else having Game of Thrones withdrawal? My mind and body are used to watching it around this time.
I recommend "The Fall" again. I need to catch up on other shows like "The Killing". To be honest, I prefer original shows. I've only seen a couple of episodes of a show called "Borgen" and some actors have been in American shows (2 in GoT and 1 in Westworld).

Hype

#195 Post by Hype » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:47 pm

creep wrote:
Hype wrote:
I'm usually not a fan of standup specials but the Jim Norton one was pretty funny. You should give it a try.
It wasn't bad. I think I laughed about as much as I did during the Dave Chappelle ones. Not a huge fan of his style/topics, but there were some pretty good bits.

blackula

#196 Post by blackula » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:35 pm

But Hype, Netflix is doing away with their 5 star rating system because pro-gun, pro-Trump republicans trolled her special just to give it 1 star!

Whether you're right or left or wherever....that's a funny excuse for a poor performance!

erotic cheeses

#197 Post by erotic cheeses » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:56 pm

perkana wrote:Is it just me or anyone else having Game of Thrones withdrawal? My mind and body are used to watching it around this time.
I recommend "The Fall" again. I need to catch up on other shows like "The Killing". To be honest, I prefer original shows. I've only seen a couple of episodes of a show called "Borgen" and some actors have been in American shows (2 in GoT and 1 in Westworld).
I really enjoyed (felt uncomfortable) with the fall and was disappointed with the ending but did spend two weeks with the actor who played the policeman who "got with" skully in the first season

farrellgirl99

#198 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:21 am

really sad big little lies is ending tonight. ive loved this mini series - great writing, cinematography, acting, editing, etc.

chaos

#199 Post by chaos » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:24 pm

^
I've enjoyed this show too. Among all of the above, the casting is great as well.

Has anyone read the book? Is it a good read?

Artemis

#200 Post by Artemis » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Got my Friday night plans sorted out... :aoa:

New episodes if The Get Down- April 7th

perkana

#201 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 pm

erotic cheeses wrote:
perkana wrote:Is it just me or anyone else having Game of Thrones withdrawal? My mind and body are used to watching it around this time.
I really enjoyed (felt uncomfortable) with the fall and was disappointed with the ending but did spend two weeks with the actor who played the policeman who "got with" skully in the first season
I thought the ending was actually pretty good...
That's cool...If only I could spend a couple of weeks with Jamie or Tom :wink:

perkana

#202 Post by perkana » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:26 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:really sad big little lies is ending tonight. ive loved this mini series - great writing, cinematography, acting, editing, etc.
I was disappointed that I actually knew how it was going to end but I'm with chaos, I would like to read the book.

perkana

#203 Post by perkana » Wed May 03, 2017 11:13 am

dannyboy wrote:I haven't seen the remakes but the original Danish version of The Killing is out of this world. The Bridge is equally good!

I'm no expert but I reckon up there with True Detective and Breaking Bad.
I finally finished watching the 4 seasons of "The Killing" (in two weeks, damn you Netflix!). So I guess I'll look for the danish show. I remember they used to show it on BBC for Latinamerica, but now that channel is gone. Guess I'll have to look for it on youtube.
Any show you recommend me to binge watch? Seriously, I never thought this would be so addictive :lol:
I'll try to finish watching Mad Men before they take it from Netflix.

perkana

#204 Post by perkana » Wed May 03, 2017 11:15 am

perkana wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:really sad big little lies is ending tonight. ive loved this mini series - great writing, cinematography, acting, editing, etc.
I was disappointed that I actually knew how it was going to end but I'm with chaos, I would like to read the book.
I gave in and bought the book, hope it doesn't dissapoint me.

Artemis

#205 Post by Artemis » Wed May 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Has anybody watched any of the Handmaid's Tale on Hulu? The first 3 episodes were released last week, episode 4 is tonight.

I think the series so far has been really well done. I read the book over 20 years ago and really liked it. I think the show writers have done a good job of adapting the book.

Elizabeth Moss is excellent as always.