guysmiley wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:05 am
Bandit72 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:38 am
creep wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:15 am
Bandit72 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 am
What does everyone think of Leaving Neverland?
I have heard a lot of complaints that it was too long and somewhat boring but I thought the whole thing was interesting. As far as believing the two guys I thought they were both telling the truth but I have always believed he was a pedophile. I have never been an MJ fan though. It seems that only fans of his seem to think he is innocent.
I've only watched the first one so far and it does seem to damn him quite badly. I'm not sure why it's taken them so long to 'come out' though. And he was never convicted of anything whilst alive was he? I've heard a few stories about paying people off but not really sure on what grounds. All in all very weird.
The second part addresses a lot of the court stuff. Never was a huge fan, and the dude was obliviously fucked up at the very least. I don't know many grown men with wives and children who would just start making up stories of a grown man's penis in their mouths. The parents were really fucked up too. Whole thing is really fucked up and sick. I can understand why pedophiles don't do well in prison. Now that I have kids, I might likely kill someone, if they did this to my kids. How can someone do shit like this to kids?
Yes I agree. It's hard to watch when you have children, especially when they're around that age. As a parent, would you honestly let your 7 year old boy sleep in the same room as your host whilst you were in another room? I don't even regard that as a trust thing, it's just incredibly irresponsible.
Watch abducted in plain sight if you want to hear about parents that are even more irresponsible than these parents

guysmiley

Re: Now Watching...

#382 Post by guysmiley » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:14 am

Saw that too. Man people are fucked up.

crater

#383 Post by crater » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Love Death + Robots is awesome

It's a quick watch, as most episodes are 15 minutes or less.

perkana

#384 Post by perkana » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:28 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 am
guysmiley wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:05 am
Bandit72 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:38 am
creep wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:15 am
Bandit72 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 am
What does everyone think of Leaving Neverland?
I have heard a lot of complaints that it was too long and somewhat boring but I thought the whole thing was interesting. As far as believing the two guys I thought they were both telling the truth but I have always believed he was a pedophile. I have never been an MJ fan though. It seems that only fans of his seem to think he is innocent.
I've only watched the first one so far and it does seem to damn him quite badly. I'm not sure why it's taken them so long to 'come out' though. And he was never convicted of anything whilst alive was he? I've heard a few stories about paying people off but not really sure on what grounds. All in all very weird.
The second part addresses a lot of the court stuff. Never was a huge fan, and the dude was obliviously fucked up at the very least. I don't know many grown men with wives and children who would just start making up stories of a grown man's penis in their mouths. The parents were really fucked up too. Whole thing is really fucked up and sick. I can understand why pedophiles don't do well in prison. Now that I have kids, I might likely kill someone, if they did this to my kids. How can someone do shit like this to kids?
Yes I agree. It's hard to watch when you have children, especially when they're around that age. As a parent, would you honestly let your 7 year old boy sleep in the same room as your host whilst you were in another room? I don't even regard that as a trust thing, it's just incredibly irresponsible.
I watched both episodes last night. Both of their stories were awful, but Wade's was something else. I'm glad he's estranged from his mother.
I remember when I was like 16 years old and my almost 40 year old math teacher wanted to hang out with us outside school. My mom always told me that it was fucked up and asked me to stay away from him. So watching the victim's mothers made me want to puke. Like it was so normal to leave their small kids with this predator and be showered with presents and trips.

Larry B.

#385 Post by Larry B. » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:14 am

I gave Ricky Gervais’ ‘After Life’ a go last night and couldn’t go past the first episode. Everything was so lame and on-the-nose, it really was embarrassingly bad.

I highly recommend skipping it.

Bandit72

#386 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 am

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann on Netflix.

I'm fascinated by this case. Eight parts, great viewing.

perkana

#387 Post by perkana » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:14 am
I gave Ricky Gervais’ ‘After Life’ a go last night and couldn’t go past the first episode. Everything was so lame and on-the-nose, it really was embarrassingly bad.

I have two episodes to go. And I'm loving it so far. The shrink is amazing and totally love the dog.

creep
Site Admin

#388 Post by creep » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:35 pm

Larry B. wrote:

I liked it :noclue:

It wasn't great but worth watching.

creep
Site Admin

#389 Post by creep » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 am

i just started watching it. i was cracking up at the first police sketch of the subject. i don't remember what happened so i think that makes it more interesting to me. :noclue:

Artemis

#390 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:03 pm

I enjoyed the first two episodes of The Act.(Hulu) It's a crime drama based on the real story of Gypsy Rose Blanchard.
Patricia Arquette plays the mother, DeeDee. Chloe Sevigny is in this too. The actor who plays Gypsy is really good.

creep
Site Admin

#391 Post by creep » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 pm

creep wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:25 pm
Bandit72 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 am

i just started watching it. i was cracking up at the first police sketch of the subject. i don't remember what happened so i think that makes it more interesting to me. :noclue:

I just finished it. I think it's pretty obvious that the parents didn't do it but there is hardly any evidence or clues at all. I don't think it will ever be solved. If I was to guess I think that she is still alive though :noclue:

Artemis

#392 Post by Artemis » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:51 am

Ok, so I watched The Dirt last night. :lol:
It was pretty bad but entertaining. Some parts were, um, disturbing. Like Ozzy snorting ants and licking pissing off the ground. :jasper:

I was never a Motley Crue fan, so have no idea how accurate any of it is.

Didn't know/remember that Razzle(drummer from Hanoi Rocks) was killed by Vince Neil driving drunk and getting into an accident.
Didn't know that Vince Neil's little girl died from cancer when she was four.

creep
Site Admin

#393 Post by creep » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:58 am

Artemis wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:51 am
It was pretty bad but entertaining. Some parts were, um, disturbing. Like Ozzy snorting ants and licking pissing off the ground. :jasper:

I was never a Motley Crue fan, so have no idea how accurate any of it is.

Didn't know/remember that Razzle(drummer from Hanoi Rocks) was killed by Vince Neil driving drunk and getting into an accident.
Didn't know that Vince Neil's little girl died from cancer when she was four.

I only lasted 10 minutes trying to watch it

Hype

#394 Post by Hype » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:48 am

creep wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:35 pm
Larry B. wrote:

It was excellent.

kv

#395 Post by kv » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:54 am

Artemis wrote:

That happened in Redondo where I live, I remember that shit was my freshman year

crater

#396 Post by crater » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Artemis wrote:
It was pretty bad but entertaining.
I thought it was all bad, but I did fall asleep towards the middle only to wake up about 15 minutes before it ended. So maybe I slept through the entertaining parts?

My little gripes about it.

I couldn't stop seeing Ramsay Bolton every time they showed Mick Mars. Also one thing that was really minor that really bugged me was when Mick Mars showed up to audition for the band in 1981, Tommy is wearing a Hulkamania shirt. Hulkamania didn't start until 1984. So a little timeline mistake, but I still found it annoying. The actor that played Vince Neil. I hated his face. He had a constant dopey look that got on my nerves.

I never read the book, but the movie didn't show anything that I already didn't know about the band, so I also found that a bit disappointing too.

clickie

#397 Post by clickie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:56 pm

That's crazy KV that it happened so close to you. . There were a bunch of drunken tragedies during the 80's. This Motley Crue guy, the Def Leopard guy lost his arm, randy rhodes was killed, Cliff Burton died.

perkana

#398 Post by perkana » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:00 pm

creep wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:35 pm
Larry B. wrote:

The shrink reminded me of mine. I think we're too familiar nowadays and he can't wait to stop listening to me sometimes. Guess I liked it cause we've all been through pain and loss.
Last edited by perkana on Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

perkana

#399 Post by perkana » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:05 pm

I started watching this last night and finished this morning. It's about the Colosio case (presidential candidate murdered in 94). I was in my HS senior year when it happened and this year they finally opened the files to the public. Totally recommend it.

I'm definitely watching "The Dirt" next...

perkana

#400 Post by perkana » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:11 pm

Also watched the first episode of "The Case Against Adnan Syed". I was completely ignorant about this. I had heard about the Serial podcast but have never listened to it. I'm hooked.

kv

#401 Post by kv » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:22 pm

I'd stopped watching Ray Donavan 2years ago mid season...started catching back up...what a waste of time lol...should have trusted my instincts...

chaos

#402 Post by chaos » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:57 pm

I binged the first season of The OA (Netflix) last weekend. It wasn't what I expected; the trailers do not do it justice. I guess you could say it has a Stranger Things feel to it but is current and somewhat darker.

Season 2 dropped yesterday. I just finished the first episode. Although I'm hooked, I going to try to pace myself with this season. :lol:

There are eight episodes in both seasons.

perkana

#403 Post by perkana » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 am

I binge watched Idris Elba's Netflix show. I thought it was a funny and smart show. Big fan of Auntie Lydia :cool:

I finally watched "The Dirt". I wasn't bored and my favorite was Iwan Rheon. He was scary as Ramsay Bolton but he's actually a very funny chap. Have you seen "Vicious" with Ian McKellen and Derek Jakobi? It's one of my favorite shows.

Bandit72

#404 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:47 am

creep wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:25 pm
The case is still HUGE over here. Most people I know are sick of it and the parents (not Maddie). Episode 3 is really quite damning towards them, then episodes 4 and 5 kind of back tracks. I don't buy the abduction at all, and everything Kate did in the immediate aftermath was really quite strange shall we say. Not taking the twins out of the room, not answering police questions, washing Maddie's toy, the list goes on...

And if you have two hours to waste on this topic you can watch this, professional statement analyst Peter Hyatt's take on one interview they did.

perkana

#405 Post by perkana » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:38 am

perkana wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:36 pm

I binge watched "Cobra Kai" in two days. I really, really, really, but REALLY enjoyed it :wiggle:
Cobra Kai season 2 official trailer, I really can't wait, also premieres this month :banana: