Now Watching...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Artemis

Re: Now Watching...

#161 Post by Artemis » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:05 pm

creep, you really have to watch Quarry. It's only 8 episodes, season finale was last night. I think it's one of the best shows I have watched all year. The acting, directing, story and camera work are excellent. Last night's finale was close to perfection for tying up loose ends; it left the viewer satisfied. The entire series was directed by one director, Greg Yaitanes. Oh, and the music in the show is pretty great too.

Here's an example of the music. This is a cover of Sam &Dave tune. The show is set in early 70s Memphis.

erotic cheeses

#162 Post by erotic cheeses » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:33 pm

creep wrote:
crater wrote:The Night Of ..

Is an awesome show.
there is a lot to wrap up in one episode. before this episode i thought they were going to find the real killer but nasir would murder someone in jail and end up staying behind bars.

now i think he gets killed in jail and that is the end of the story. trial over. he leaves behind something where he confesses to the murder.
Thought this was awesome (loved the scabby defence lawyer) until the last episode - felt cheated

crater

#163 Post by crater » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Everyone should watch this

creep
Site Admin

#164 Post by creep » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Artemis wrote:creep, you really have to watch Quarry. It's only 8 episodes, season finale was last night. I think it's one of the best shows I have watched all year. The acting, directing, story and camera work are excellent. Last night's finale was close to perfection for tying up loose ends; it left the viewer satisfied. The entire series was directed by one director, Greg Yaitanes. Oh, and the music in the show is pretty great too.

Here's an example of the music. This is a cover of Sam &Dave tune. The show is set in early 70s Memphis.

i watched the first episode and really liked it. thanks for the recommendation. :thumb:

Artemis

#165 Post by Artemis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:49 pm

:tiphat:

creep
Site Admin

#166 Post by creep » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:16 pm

Artemis wrote::tiphat:
just finished it. really cool show. hope they bring it back.

anyone watch shameless? is it worth starting? i've never watched an episode.

farrellgirl99

#167 Post by farrellgirl99 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 pm

creep wrote:

i love shameless, but feel it is an acquired taste. its a character driven show so if you get invested in the characters youll enjoy it, no matter how ridiculous it gets. and it gets really ridiculous. its lost steam the last few seasons like all showtime shows, but the first few seasons were great. i still enjoy watching it, but its not a show you can take too seriously after all the bullshit theyve pulled with storylines. great acting though.

Artemis

#168 Post by Artemis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:06 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
creep wrote:

i love shameless, but feel it is an acquired taste. its a character driven show so if you get invested in the characters youll enjoy it, no matter how ridiculous it gets. and it gets really ridiculous. its lost steam the last few seasons like all showtime shows, but the first few seasons were great. i still enjoy watching it, but its not a show you can take too seriously after all the bullshit theyve pulled with storylines. great acting though.
Agree. The last couple of seasons were so-so, but this year is better, I think. I can't stand Fiona's character, though this year, she's stronger. My fave character is Lip. I also find him really attractive.

Earlier this year I binge watched the original British series and enjoyed it. I think the American version is done pretty well and worth watching.

Artemis

#169 Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:37 pm

I just saw yesterday that there's a remake of One Day At A Time airing on Netflix tonight at midnight(13 episodes). The younger ones here probably don't know it, but it was a sitcom from the mid 70s to the early 80s). I'll check out a couple of episodes..

Artemis

#170 Post by Artemis » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Season 3 of American Crime looks good.

As in the case every year, American Crime will have a new setting, new characters and a new storyline in the upcoming third season. The critically acclaimed drama is known for tackling complex issues through the prism of various committed crimes. In the first two seasons, it took on the subjects of race and class.

According to Deadline, Season 3 will take on a story about “labor issues, economic divides and individual rights.” The whole thing will be set in North Carolina (although filming has been moved to Los Angeles after the show was awarded a California tax credit).
Starts March 12th

creep
Site Admin

#171 Post by creep » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:32 pm

i need a good series to start

i'm half way through sneaky pete on amazon. it's pretty good.

shameless was a weird one for me. i made it half way through season six and have had enough and stopped watching.

is mr robot good?
billions?
the young pope?
??
?
?

Artemis

#172 Post by Artemis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:48 pm

creep wrote:
is mr robot good?
billions?
the young pope?
??
?
?
I liked the first season of Mr Robot, season two was so-so.

I liked Billions.

A little while ago, I watched Goliath and enjoyed it. It's with Billy Bob Thornton.

I'm currently watching Riverdale and loving it. It's the dark, teen show based on the Archie comics. It started a few weeks ago, episode 4 this week. Luke Perry(90210 Dylan) plays Archie's dad. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#173 Post by creep » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:50 pm

i watched the first episode of big little lies on hbo. it was pretty good...at least good enough to continue watching it.

Romeo

#174 Post by Romeo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:10 am

creep wrote:i watched the first episode of big little lies on hbo. it was pretty good...at least good enough to continue watching it.

The kid that plays Ziggy is my niece's nephew (his Mom is my niece's sister in law) I only met him in-utero :lol: He started out on you-tube reviewing Broadway Shows.
Then Perez Hilton tapped him to do the red carpet interviews for the Tony's. His Dad is a Broadway actor Euan Morton and his Mom Lee is a Broadway Stage manager.
He did a fantastic job! :banana:

Artemis

#175 Post by Artemis » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Detroiters on Comedy Central is pretty good. I laughed out loud a couple of times.

I've also watched Superior Donuts but I think it should be called Inferior Donuts. Great cast, but not very funny.

http://www.cc.com/shows/detroiters

perkana

#176 Post by perkana » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 pm

I finally finished watching the three seasons of "The Fall" in less than two weeks (5-6 episodes per season, the longest one was season 2 finale). I really like Jamie Dornan. I still don't know what is he doing in those 50 shades movies. He really is a good actor (yeah, he's gorgeous but he can act).

blackula

#177 Post by blackula » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm probably late on this one but Stranger Things was great! Wifey and I blazed through it in 3 nights.

wally

#178 Post by wally » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:01 pm

just finished The People vs OJ Simpson on Netflix

Good docudrama.
10 part miniseries about the trial of the century.
poor Marcia Clark.

erotic cheeses

#179 Post by erotic cheeses » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Has tom hardy' taboo on BBC beeen mentioned here? I know we have some TH fans here...

creep
Site Admin

#180 Post by creep » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:09 pm

wally wrote:just finished The People vs OJ Simpson on Netflix

Good docudrama.
10 part miniseries about the trial of the century.
poor Marcia Clark.
watch "oj made in america" next. it's the 5pt doc that espn 30 for 30 did. it's great.

perkana

#181 Post by perkana » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:53 am

erotic cheeses wrote:Has tom hardy' taboo on BBC beeen mentioned here? I know we have some TH fans here...
I've read that it sucks. I haven't watched it yet though...Does it really suck that bad?

Artemis

#182 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:17 am

perkana wrote:
erotic cheeses wrote:Has tom hardy' taboo on BBC beeen mentioned here? I know we have some TH fans here...
I've read that it sucks. I haven't watched it yet though...Does it really suck that bad?
I read some very negative reviews about this show too. I'm still planning to check it out to see if I like it or not.

erotic cheeses

#183 Post by erotic cheeses » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Well I m not a tom hardy fan (mrs ec is) so didn't keep me engaged it's a bit weird. Generally what auntie (BBC) puts out has a certain quality

(Not selling this am I?) it will appeal to fans of victoriana noir..

perkana

#184 Post by perkana » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am

You had me at Tom Hardy and victorian. Will definitely check it out.

creep
Site Admin

#185 Post by creep » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:53 am

anyone watch the killing? never heard of it before. i am almost finished with season 1 and it's pretty good.