Sonny is answering his tumblr Qs now

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
JOEinPHX

Sonny is answering his tumblr Qs now

#1 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 pm

http://xiola.org/

Apparently he deleted everything so he couldn't ever come back.

Ouch. :sonny:

JOEinPHX

Re: Sonny is answering his tumblr Qs now

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 pm

j-elli asked: I'm sure a million people will ask why, but why give us such short notice?

Maybe it wasn't so short considering what you said in the threads the last couple of weeks?

i guess i needed to do it quickly and make it final by deleting everything, so i couldn’t go back later. sorta burning the bridge behind me. so that’s why the short notice.

it sucks that some people might lose contact with one another, but the truth is we’ve been going for 12 years. i’ve made friends there that are now friends on facebook/twitter/google+ and the friendship has grown on those social sites. i hope others can do so as well.
six7six7 asked: Why did you feel the need to complete remove everything? (example: the eric avery videos)

Couldn't the forum have just been removed so there was nothing left for you to have to moderate on a daily basis?

i burned the place to the ground so i couldn’t revive it. i also tried in the past to give my forum to someone, who then turned it into shit. i’m looking at you erik.

xiola.org was a site run by me from start to finish. there were many forums around, 1%, aintnosite, ja.org, whores, and a few others. none seemed to strike the balance that we had at xiola.org. that was something special for the people involved. if i just gave that to say “hokahey” for example, he’d take all we built and shit it away with his own terrible way of running a forum.

if yr gonna run a site/forum, you should have to go through all the ups and downs, not just build on others success. you can’t get to where xiola.org was without learning what people like and dislike or what people will tolerate and not tolerate. this is the mistake people like erik and mike make, thinking they can just build by stealing from other people’s sites.

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:31 pm

if i just gave that to say “hokahey” for example, he’d take all we built and shit it away with his own terrible way of running a forum.
:lol: you show him hokahey

JOEinPHX

#4 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 pm

six7six7 asked: Hey sonny, Mike over at janesdotorg has decided to cut off our ability to get the word out where all the xiola board members went to. In the interest of helping people make contact with the friends they made there, can you please link to the new ANR?

no, i will not. it’s not that easy. you can’t just take the people and move them around and it all work out. aintnosite will live or die, by the work hoka does. i’m sure local radio stations can’t wait for his return.

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm

jesus sonny...quit being so miserable and bitter.

JOEinPHX

#6 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 pm

i wish i had called it aintnorightdotorg

Tumblr doesn't allow links in questions, so you have to word it

kv

#7 Post by kv » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:35 pm

ya bitter much? ball go home much? :sonny: much? jesus what a lack of respect for the people he had nothing against that he just screwed

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 pm

niteshok asked: Why did you also delete the full interview with Eric Avery from YouTube? I only discovered that on Monday and was intending to watch the whole thing...

i just deleted all the various extensions of xiola.org and that was one of them. sorry, you weren’t able to see them, they are great.

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 pm

but he didn't delete xiola.org. he is now interacting with people the same way he did on his board. very strange.

kv

#10 Post by kv » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:41 pm

he doesn't understand there isn't a ball in his backpack anymore...we have a new ball

JOEinPHX

#11 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:43 pm

creep wrote:but he didn't delete xiola.org. he is now interacting with people the same way he did on his board. very strange.
Maybe he didn't like the new Jane's single stealing attention away from him. :lol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#12 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Wow. Why'd the guy friend me on Facebook if he's going to be such a dick? I've been nothing but nice to him for years now. :crazy:

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:50 pm

maybe he expected a longer buffer period of people begging him to come back. He wasn't expecting us to have a new board in place by the time he woke up.

JOEinPHX

#14 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Also, try not to take it personally Hoka.

He's clearly going through some shit right now and probably just needs time to refocus on his life for awhile.

Let's just all wish him the best and hope he gets through whatever he's dealing with.

esqfool

#15 Post by esqfool » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:57 pm

He can dog on Hoka, but I know for a fact I heard aintnoright.com mentioned on our local radio station in the news section. I remember b/c I was driving and wasn't paying a whole lot of attention and thought wait waht?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#16 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:06 pm

esqfool wrote:He can dog on Hoka, but I know for a fact I heard aintnoright.com mentioned on our local radio station in the news section. I remember b/c I was driving and wasn't paying a whole lot of attention and thought wait waht?

I didn't hear it, but people were calling me and coming up to me at work all day. It was when Etty told me Perry was going to join the new Doors as their front man replacing Ian Curtis.

I only mentioned that when he said aintnoright was a complete failure. I was trying to point out events that seemed to indicate that wasn't entirely true.
Six7Six7 wrote:Also, try not to take it personally Hoka.

He's clearly going through some shit right now and probably just needs time to refocus on his life for awhile.

Let's just all wish him the best and hope he gets through whatever he's dealing with.
Hard not to. I'm sort of taken aback to be honest with you. I like Sonny and for the past 3 years I've been nice to him and tried to be a solid contributing member of his board without any bullshit. I know I pissed him off with my comments about Dave and tickets but I tried to make up for it.

I just hate when people are nice to your face(book, heh) and then dicks to you behind your back.

thoreau

#17 Post by thoreau » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:16 pm

I should have gone into more detail with my question. At least he answering what we're sending him.

Hope he gets through whatever it is he's going through.

Pure Method

#18 Post by Pure Method » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:36 pm

yeesh, someone's got a bee in their bonnet

Deconstruction

#19 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:15 pm

I hate to say this since I do like Sonny but if he ever relaunches Xiola we need to all pledge to stay here, he's too unpredictable. It'd suck to have to go through this all again.

Everybody here should also pledge that we will keep this place up no matter what.

JOEinPHX

#20 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:17 pm

i have no problem with that.

Sonny will most likely join us here someday

Deconstruction

#21 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:i have no problem with that.

Sonny will most likely join us here someday
Yeah I'd be happy to see Sonny post here, but he is too unreliable to lead a community since he obviously doesn't care about keeping it together, not even a link so people who may not have been contacted by me and others via JA.org/Facebook can know how to keep communicating with members of the bored.

Jasper

#22 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Right now there's nothing stopping this place from becoming the best JA-related forum yet. The goal should be to be better than xiola.org.

nausearockpig

#23 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Jasper wrote:Right now there's nothing stopping this place from becoming the best JA-related forum yet. The goal should be to be better than xiola.org.
lol except for ex-xiolans behaving like bad little xiolans or worse... never underestimate the capability for human beings to behave in a pathetic shitty manner.. (I'm sure you don't, but I'm just saying, y'know?)

kv

#24 Post by kv » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:54 pm

:twisted:

Pandemonium

#25 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Deconstruction wrote:I hate to say this since I do like Sonny but if he ever relaunches Xiola we need to all pledge to stay here, he's too unpredictable. It'd suck to have to go through this all again.

Everybody here should also pledge that we will keep this place up no matter what.
Agreed. There's been a handful of times over the past 5 years where Sonny would shut down The Bored for a day or two because he got some wild hair up his ass. He'd bring the place back up and people would be walking on pins and needles for weeks. No more.