NCAAF

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Juana

NCAAF

#1 Post by Juana » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:49 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... id=shareFB

Looks like the U is going to get hit pretty hard. Wonder if Paul Dee will be in charge of this infractions committee and I wonder if Pat Haden will be smiling :aoa:

With all these major programs getting into trouble maybe the NCAA should you know figure out a way to fix this on their end because the cheating will continue regardless

creep
Site Admin

Re: NCAAF

#2 Post by creep » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:49 pm

they will lose football for sure. you have to i guess.

Juana

#3 Post by Juana » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Financially I don't think they will hand out another death penalty look what it did to SMU, but this will be almost as severe I would assume

cashinnowperry

#4 Post by cashinnowperry » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 am

You can't spell SMU without "The U"! :hehe: :eyes:
Juana wrote:Financially I don't think they will hand out another death penalty look what it did to SMU, but this will be almost as severe I would assume
Agreed. I'm sure they'll concoct something harsh, but I doubt we'll ever see the death penalty again.

Juana

#5 Post by Juana » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Bama looks great early.

SC pulled one out but that O-line needs some work but Minny's D looked a lot better than I thought it would. Was happy about the Barkley/Woods combo.

So far LSU/Oregon looks good but it looks like LSU is going to pull this game out. Especially with no James or Varner but Oregon's title hype is going to be done after this because winning the Pac-12 isn't going to be enough to get them to the title game.

Auburn almost losing. TCU losing to Baylor of all teams.

In the Pac-12 ASU and Stanford look good so far and Luck was definitely on point today.

Should be an exiting season. Not expecting anything out of the Trojans this year though or the next couple since those scholarship shackles will be on after this season.

creep
Site Admin

#6 Post by creep » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:01 am

no mention of the sacramento state victory over oregon state? they are calling it the biggest victory in school history. :lol:

Juana

#7 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 am

creep wrote:no mention of the sacramento state victory over oregon state? they are calling it the biggest victory in school history. :lol:

I didn't see that score. But that is not surprising Mike Riley teams always lose a couple early and finish strong.

ellis

#8 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:05 am

The MD Terps beat that ASS last night!!

And I love the new helmet and uniform.

Apparently, we're the only ones who like them...

kv

#9 Post by kv » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:01 pm

worst unis in sports

Hokahey
Site Admin

#10 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 pm

I like to see a team try something different but those things are hideous.

kv

#11 Post by kv » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 pm

for those who don't know...it's the maryland flag....which also means you have the worst flag in states

Juana

#12 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Yeah pretty terrible. Was just happy that it was a Perfect Saturday. Haven't had many in recent years so it was nice. USC win, ND/fUCLA loss.

el segundo

#13 Post by el segundo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:14 am

Whats wrong with our state flag? Honeslty, we dont have a bear with two red lines underneath...and the CEO of Under Armour graduated from Maryland, and they created 32 different uniforms for us FOR free. We just unveiled the not so good looking one this week...next week should be a different on!

el segundo

#14 Post by el segundo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:30 am

Waaaait

this flag must be better than the Maryland state flag...aka the worst in the union

kv

#15 Post by kv » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:39 am

on look alone it smokes maryland...and the underarmor deal is just a cop on nike and oregons uni's

ellis

#16 Post by ellis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:05 am

Well, fuck all of you then. :lol:

I must really love my state b/c I think we have the best flag in the country.
I guess you'd have to visit here to understand. Most people think it's still the 1700's. :agree:

Juana

#17 Post by Juana » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:45 am

No problem with your state flag I meant the unis were pretty ugly.

Juana

#18 Post by Juana » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Man what a great day of college football today. Mich/ND game (sorry KV) was fucking epic. USC kept shooting themselves in the foot but the defense has held 2 times so far this year when turnovers were killing us. Bama's O-line as well as Wisconsin's O-line look brutal.

The final TD for USC actually counted so it was a 23-14 win against a pretty decent Utah team and if the young players would stop turning the ball over this could be a special bunch next season when they can actually play in the Pac 12 title game or BCS games again.

South Carolina is a very over rated team and will get knocked back down in the rankings.

Oregon's D is looking like they lost a lot off that title run team last season but the offense looks like its getting back on track.

kv

#19 Post by kv » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:47 am

ya i really don't like nd's qb he is a choke and their coaching sucks...how do db's not play the ball? on the other hand usc was hitting like fucking trucks....and for a second i was who is their coach? oh ya monte duh :thumb:...nd's floyd is gonna be fun to watch on sundays kid is legit

Juana

#20 Post by Juana » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:28 am

By next year with Monte's system in on that first recruiting class (they always say it takes 3 years) I think the SC defense will be sick. This season I just want to see growth and everything. I really believe Matt will come back for his senior year like Carson and the other Matt and honestly I see next year being one of the teams competing for that crystal football.

Coach O is back where he belongs. Monte is well.... Lane is getting back to calling great games on offense they just have to execute and not turn the ball over.

But I'm so happy with the D this year.

As for Floyd dude is a monster. He reminds me a Steve Smith (Panters one) with a more Larry Fitzgerald body. ND's coaching is alright for offense. But that is the thing they need a good D-coordinator or they're going to suck. Also they have to realize that these great young HS guys are going to the universities putting people into the NFL. Gone is the kid that wants to go get a degree in a lot of places. The scholarship limits have leveled the playing field in that aspect.

But right now I'm going to pick Oklahoma V Wisconsin for the national title... Wisconsin won the recruiting battle of the century getting Wilson and they have a pretty easy schedule compared to Alabama. Oklahoma has to watch out for A&M and OK State but they should win those games.

USC finishes 9-3 or 8-4, but they will be in the games they lose except if things get out of hand early against Oregon.

kv

#21 Post by kv » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 pm

bleh luck just wasn't on our side

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

creep
Site Admin

#22 Post by creep » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:59 pm

i hate college football but i started watching this game in the second half since i wanted to see why everyone is so sure that this luck kid is a guaranteed 1st pick. he didn't blow me away but he was good. pretty good game too. norcal>socal

kv

#23 Post by kv » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:36 pm

luck looks damn good and i think standford would be much like the colts without manning without him stanford is over rated imho and will end up getting smoked by someone for sure..usc had zero luck in that game..guy missed the ot td y half an inch...that sad 15 yard roughing penalty when the guy fell into it..if he had caught it it wouldn't have been a flag...then the 1 sec left in reg where they didn't give us our time out..star linebacker went out late in the game and Luck picked on the huge mismatch of his 6''8 tight end over a rookie who was on the bench the entire game...just wasn't meant to be oh..well nothing to be ashamed of for usc good game gave them a good scare and now we wait till next year and hope our whole team doesn't leave early for the pros...i looove how the ncaa royally fucked usc for a generation while slapping everyone else on the wrist :no:

Juana

#24 Post by Juana » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:58 am

Played a helluva game last night against a highly ranked favorite and almost pulled out the W. They're starting to realize their talent level they should be good if Barkley comes back next year and he will be the best QB in the country getting some love. Thinking about that they should be able to compete for a Pac12 crown as well as a Rose Bowl berth. But that is next year when the bowl band is over. Kiffin and co are still recruiting well and Stanford is going to go back to being a basketball school after Luck goes pro.

That being said looks like this game on Nov 5th is going to be the national title game since whomever wins it is probably going to beat down whomever else they play this season. Also I think that OSU is going to go undefeated until bedlam and then OU is going to put a hurt on them. What they did to K-state yesterday was something crazy.

Last but not least I will not be able to see the LSU/Bama game except for on my phone because I will be at funfunfuntest.com so KV you have to hold off on pulling the man card since I will be seeing the Damned while the game is being played BUT I have espn3 on my phone so I will be updated.

kv

#25 Post by kv » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:37 pm

barkley is gonna go pro