NCAAF

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Re: NCAAF

#341 Post by kv » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:59 pm

i've wanted this playoff ( a 4 team) my entire fucking life because i always said the team who will get fucked at 5th wasn't gonna deserve it anyway....but fuck tcu deserved it...fucking big 12 choked..lets see how fast they fix this co champion shit now that their "co" champs cost one of them a shot...i knew osu would sneak in

thoreau

#342 Post by thoreau » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:07 pm

mockbee wrote:blurg.....

Didn't want to face FSU first, but didn't really see a way around that. Mostly because I can't stand that team and everything they stand for. I respect that they are good, just would make it more miserable if we lost. If we beat them though, it will make it sweeter.
I am sorry you (and apparently the rest of the nation) cannot stand us. I look forward to the contest. :tiphat:

mockbee

#343 Post by mockbee » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:50 pm

thoreau wrote:

Didn't want to face FSU first, but didn't really see a way around that. Mostly because I can't stand that team and everything they stand for. I respect that they are good, just would make it more miserable if we lost. If we beat them though, it will make it sweeter.
I am sorry you (and apparently the rest of the nation) cannot stand us. I look forward to the contest. :tiphat:

You seem like a real stand-up guy, I just don't like your team in general.

Just curious, does the whole mascot, and/or off field/police pardoning issues bother you at all, or do you see those as way overblown?

Looking forward to it as well. :tiphat:

thoreau

#344 Post by thoreau » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:25 pm

mockbee wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Just curious, does the whole mascot, and/or off field/police pardoning issues bother you at all, or do you see those as way overblown?

Thank you, sir. No worries.

I've got my foot in the university as I attended there and have worked in FSU for over a decade now.

The mascot does not bother me as the Seminole Tribe of Florida fully supports and endorses it. All of the clothes that "Osceola" wears are all accurate tribal wear and actually made by the tribe. I do not think that present FSU treats the mascot (they actually call him a symbol. FSU's mascot for anything other than football is a horse named Cimarron.)in a disrespectful manner at all. It is a tradition that the University is incredibly serious about. My wife is Native American (Choctaw, not a Caucasian claiming their 1/16 Native lineage) and thinks it is done in a respectful manner as well. We would be the first ones against it if it was disrespectful to the tribe.

The off field issues are a different story. I have a large problem with the manner in which things have been handled (especially by the inept Tallahassee Police Department) and think a disciplinary overhaul needs to be set in the offseason. It gets to where it is just embarrassing for the University, being that the majority of the public know it as a football school, not the world class research institute it is. I also think that while given we've had some definite disciplinary issues this season (Man, I miss a few seasons ago, even with the National Championship), the media has created a witch hunt that jumps on any story as fact, no matter how questionable the credibility is.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit terrified for the Bowl. Best of luck to you Ducks.

PS - Cimarron, for those curious Image

mockbee

#345 Post by mockbee » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:34 pm

That's all very interesting and impacts my perspective on the school. :wave:

I still cringe when I see fans in "indian" garb, but interesting to hear that the tribe supports FSU's representations, which is the most important consideration.

I do like our chances, just you never know until game day..... :rockon:

Juana

#346 Post by Juana » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:40 pm

mockbee wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Congrats to your Ducks dude! I know I have talked a lot of shit over the years but Marcus and co look poised this season and he's a good kid so I hope he wins the Heisman.

mockbee

#347 Post by mockbee » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Juana wrote:
mockbee wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Congrats to your Ducks dude! I know I have talked a lot of shit over the years but Marcus and co look poised this season and he's a good kid so I hope he wins the Heisman.
Hey thanks! :banana: :wave:

This should be our year for sure. It will be tough, but if we don't do it, it won't happen for a while without Mariota.

I remember going to games in the 80s and they would let you in for free after half time because the stadium would only be a third full.... times sure have changed. :lol:

thoreau

#348 Post by thoreau » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:54 am

mockbee wrote:That's all very interesting and impacts my perspective on the school. :wave:

I still cringe when I see fans in "indian" garb, but interesting to hear that the tribe supports FSU's representations, which is the most important consideration.

I do like our chances, just you never know until game day..... :rockon:
I'm glad your perspective has been somewhat shifted. :bigrin:

Oh, I am with you. I cringe at most Indian garb from fans as well. We sadly have a good bit of that at games from select fraternities and sororities on campus. Nothing like watching a plastered well-to-do frat brother stumble around in his combo of popped collar pastel polo shirt and headdress. :essence:

You guys definitely have the edge this season with Marcus, but I still have faith we can pull it out. We'll see! :thumb:

thoreau

#349 Post by thoreau » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:56 am

Juana wrote:
mockbee wrote:
thoreau wrote:

Agreed. Mariota and crew are the scariest bunch, imo. I hope he wins the Heisman as well. No question that he deserves it.

SR

#350 Post by SR » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:53 am

mockbee

#351 Post by mockbee » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:57 am

Oregon (Hawaii) first. :bday:

And comments on team and family....... :nyrexall: :rockon:

kv

#352 Post by kv » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Pour
It
On

PAC Attack

mockbee

#353 Post by mockbee » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:51 am

What an awesome spectacle.
Couldn't be prouder of my team. :wiggle:

Kind of wish we were playing Alabama to beat down the SEC storyline, but FSU was certainly a formidable oppenent with SEC qualities.

thoreau

#354 Post by thoreau » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:42 am

mockbee wrote:What an awesome spectacle.

Kind of wish we were playing Alabama to beat down the SEC storyline, but FSU was certainly a formidable oppenent with SEC qualities.
Sorry for just getting to this now. Congrats on the win, as you guys absolutely decimated us!

I'll be rooting for Oregon in the title game.

:thumb:

guysmiley

#355 Post by guysmiley » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:56 am

I should be following this closer, since I went to school at Oregon. I'm happy for them, but I'll probably miss the game. Time difference and all.

mockbee

#356 Post by mockbee » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:45 am

thoreau wrote:
mockbee wrote:What an awesome spectacle.

Sorry for just getting to this now. Congrats on the win, as you guys absolutely decimated us!

I'll be rooting for Oregon in the title game.

:thumb:
Hey Thanks! :wave:

Go Ducks!

mockbee

#357 Post by mockbee » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:05 am

[blink]............................NERVOUS![/blink]

:lostit:

(thank gaaawd I'm not playing in a national championship game today......that would not be good. :lol: )

kv

#358 Post by kv » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Grats to Ohio state...your coach is a douche for piling in...and tcu got robbed by not having your spot...how many years will we have to see lbj tweets during your games? I hate everything about you guys but grats...nice big 12 refs got to call your game btw :eyes:

creep
Site Admin

#359 Post by creep » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:51 pm

i watched my one college football game of the year. sloppy game...not too exciting. i watched a 60 minutes piece on that urban dude and i thought he was sort of a dick....so no surprise scoring that last touchdown.

mockbee

#360 Post by mockbee » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:50 am

Hats off to Ohio State, they played the better game.

Ughh. Too bad you didn't watch the Oregon-FSU game creep, that was much more exciting and you saw what Oregon can do. We just didn't execute on offense and take advantage of all the takeaways. Defense was the defense, couldn't really stop them but we just needed to execute on offense.

I feel like somebody died..................at least nobody did. :sulk:

SR

#361 Post by SR » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Snoop gets it. Dad first, fan second. Btw, nice jersey. Go Bruins!! :rockon:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2353 ... g-national

Juana

#362 Post by Juana » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:45 pm

SR wrote:Snoop gets it. Dad first, fan second. Btw, nice jersey. Go Bruins!! :rockon:

It's too bad lil Snoop has no one to throw to him now :thumb:

Oh and there is this

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Footba ... amRankings

After one more recruiting class things in the Pac 12 will get back to where they need to be with SC dominating football and the rest of the schools being basketball schools as usual.

SR

#363 Post by SR » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:41 am

Juana wrote:
SR wrote:Snoop gets it. Dad first, fan second. Btw, nice jersey. Go Bruins!! :rockon:

Oh and there is this

After one more recruiting class things in the Pac 12 will get back to where they need to be with SC dominating football and the rest of the schools being basketball schools as usual.
Um, Josh Rosen signed to UCLA. Did you say no one to throw to him? :drink: http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id ... day-splash

Juana

#364 Post by Juana » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:50 pm

SR wrote:
Juana wrote:

Oh and there is this

Um, Josh Rosen signed to UCLA. Did you say no one to throw to him? :drink: http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id ... day-splash
Outside of Matt Barkley when was the last time a true Freshmen did well in the Pac 12?

SR

#365 Post by SR » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:02 pm

We'll see