AC/DC Wine

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Artemis

AC/DC Wine

#1 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:42 pm

I wouldn't mind getting a bottle of each for collecting purposes.
I think PF should get into the wine business. I'm sure he could arrange a deal with one of the California vintners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

And the range includes wines named after the band’s most famous hits, including Back in Black Shiraz, Highway to Hell Cabernet Sauvignon, Hells Bells Sauvignon Blanc and You Shook Me All Night Long Moscato.

cashinnowperry

Re: AC/DC Wine

#2 Post by cashinnowperry » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:45 am

if these wines are done in the true AC/DC spirit, i'm sure they all taste exactly the same, but will be big hits. :lolol:

I'm sure PF must know some wine people. I'd like to see what kind of "irresistible" concoctions they would come up with. Mountain Song Merlot, anyone? Or perhaps Strays Sauvignon strikes your fancy. Ritual de lo Riesling?

Tyler Durden

#3 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Pretty distasteful when you consider that Bon Scott was a binge drinker who died of acute alcohol poisoning.

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Pretty distasteful when you consider that Bon Scott was a binge drinker who died of acute alcohol poisoning.
That pales in comparison to this:

"Music To Crash Cars To" (2000 box set release)

Remember, Vince Neil killed his passenger (Hanoi Rocks drummer "Razzle") and severely injured the occupant of the car he slammed into while driving drunk on a beer run in '85.

Tyler Durden

#5 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:Pretty distasteful when you consider that Bon Scott was a binge drinker who died of acute alcohol poisoning.

Remember, Vince Neil killed his passenger (Hanoi Rocks drummer "Razzle") and severely injured the occupant of the car he slammed into while driving drunk on a beer run in '85.
Yeah, that's terrible. :no:

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:58 pm

cashinnowperry wrote:if these wines are done in the true AC/DC spirit, i'm sure they all taste exactly the same, but will be big hits. :lolol:

I'm sure PF must know some wine people. I'd like to see what kind of "irresistible" concoctions they would come up with. Mountain Song Merlot, anyone? Or perhaps Strays Sauvignon strikes your fancy. Ritual de lo Riesling?
:lol:

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:38 am

i hate shit like this.

Some asshole just goes to these bands and says "hey can we put your picture and name on the bottle? you'll get 50% of the profits"

Every rapper has their own vodka, AC/DC and Elvis have their own wine...

Maynard James Keenan is the only one of the bunch i have any respect for, since the dude actually grows his own fucking grapes and is part of every single process from start to finish. He plans his tours around harvesting. i mean seriously, that is awesome. (i am totally biased though, because i have been to the Caduceus Tasting Room in Jerome, AZ. haha)

Bandit72

#8 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:51 am

What about 'Duff' Beer? :hehe:

guysmiley

#9 Post by guysmiley » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:13 am

Hell, there's a Hendrix red wine out there, or at least was out there. :no:

Romeo

#10 Post by Romeo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:28 am

Bandit72 wrote:What about 'Duff' Beer? :hehe:

AND his pancreas exploded from alcohol abuse.....

Bandit72

#11 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:40 am

AC/DC have become the latest rockers to launch their own brand of booze.They join Whitesnake who released a 2008 Zinfandel which we're told "isn't
actually that bad, but is seriously overpriced" and Kid Rock who launched his own beer called 'Badass'. It's described as being "frothy".

Why AC/DC have decided to get into the wine business is anyone's guess. Someone from their management team said "No idea why they're doing it. It's not like they need the money and they don't even drink wine."
Badass?

Jasper

#12 Post by Jasper » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:34 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

Yeah, that's terrible. :no:
Ugh. :no: I didn't even know about that. I was a huge fan when I was a kid. I saw them for the first time when I was 11 or 12 (6th grade).

What the fuck is wrong with these people? Next will there be "music to have your kids drown in our pool to"? Seriously. Assholes. :essence:

I liked Hanoi Rocks, too.

Pandemonium

#13 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:17 am

Jasper wrote:I liked Hanoi Rocks, too.
I was a pretty big Hanoi Rocks fan back in the early 80's and was really looking forward to seeing them finally play locally in LA at the Hollywood Palladium. What made that show even more anticipated was they had the great and now sadly forgotten goth band Belfegore as opening act. It was the week they were in town for that show that Razzle was killed, thus canceling the show and the tour. Belfegore permanently broke up after that debacle as did Hanoi Rocks for well over a decade.