iPhone

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
SR

iPhone

#1 Post by SR » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Question....

I just upgraded after my iPhone 3 took a dive. I want to import all of my music from my dead phone (housed in iTunes) into my new iPhone 4.

When I go to the music sync area on iTunes, I am asked to import all 700 or so songs. I press "apply" as opposed to "revert" and it comes up with a prompt asking me if I wasn to erase the music as it can only be associated with one phone.

Um, does that mean it will eliminate the old phones music and trransfer it to my new phone, or is it simply going to eliminate all my purchased music altogether?? :scared:

SR

Re: iPhone

#2 Post by SR » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:59 pm

:wiggle:

Romeo

#3 Post by Romeo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:04 pm

you should be able to just synch it.
Do you have the newest itunes version??

It should recognize the new phone
:hs:

Artemis

#4 Post by Artemis » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:40 pm

i would phone the iphone help desk to ask for assitance.

SR

#5 Post by SR » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:35 pm

All good! :aoa:

Or is this all good- :banana:

Or this- :thumb:

Or this- :rockon:

Or this- :thumb:

:wave: Thx

Pandemonium

#6 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:03 pm

A key question would be...

Have you synced and u0ploaded your library to several other Apple devices through your PC's iTunes account? If not, you *should* be able to sync the new iPhone to your PC/iTunes and upload all your music, etc to your new iPhone. If you're getting any sort of "delete library" prompt when you try to sync up your new phone, it sounds like you've reached the limit of devices you can export your music to.

I would seriously recommend backing up your iTunes library and playlists to a second hard drive or another folder on your PC before proceeding any further even with Apple support. You can find where your music library files are stored on your PC by going to Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced and look at the "iTunes Media Folder Location" window.